Page 35 of 57 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    October 12 2011

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

Another quick update: (My updates are short this week as I'm still not fully well and my focus is on the code.) We've been keeping testing internal these past few days as we have been constantly adding and checking new meshes and textures for upcoming content. This is easy to do for the internal test team, but not easy to do through the launcher. Once we can patch out the next set of meshes and textures, we will open up the Test Server again.

What we will do is patch out what is ready and tested (including opening multiple containers, parry improvements and camera collision) Friday morning. Our focus over the weekend will be more combat improvements and public testing of carts.

That's all at the moment. It's been a busy week and I just want to keep everyone informed!

October 14 2011

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

The server and client have been updated with a patch.

Patch Notes:

World:
    Camera collision versus buildings and trees implemented.
    Yakid Post size increased to match collision box size.
    Mason Stone Room adjusted to reduce amount of overlap.
    River drinking now fills more of the thirst bar.
    'Objects in the way' message improved.
    Collision revisions, especially for placing objects on building parts. (Still in progress).

Crafting:
    Added grass roll recipe. This will be used in some upcoming architectural parts. (note: This was not added. It will be part of the next patch).
    You will now learn all new 'auto learn' schemes when retroactively when entering the game, any time these type of schemes are added.

Inventory:
    Multiple containers (up to four) can now be opened at the same time. You can drag items between containers.

Combat:
    Ability to switch from parry to swing (and vice versa).
    Tweaks to make switching between parry and swing smoother in both combat modes.
    Successful parries now play reaction animations for both the attacker and defender.
    Mouse combat mode setting should now save between sessions.

Bug Fixes:
    Problem with 'objects in the way' fixed. This resulted from improper scaling of boulders for this collision check when we converted data to our current system.
    But with unlearning recipes fixed.

A lot of preperation work for new architecture parts (corner parts and ramps) was completed so the next patch will include a lot of new architecture parts. Carts and water containers are in progress and should be ready next week.

What we're working on this weekend:

More combat revisions based on feedback.
    Finishing new architecture parts.
    Continued work with carts.
    Mutant testing and creature AI improvements.
    Finishing up water containers (starting with current buckets).
    Reviewing the current state of the game to see what can be finished by the end of this month. I am going to be in Russia from November to January, so I'm also preparing for this move.

Enjoy!

October 18 2011

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

The server and client have been updated with a patch. This is primarily a bug fix patch.

Patch Notes:

World:

-Gathering resources with on top of floors or other objects blocked.

Interface and Rendering:

- HDR(High Dynamic Range) lighting now works. This is in progress, but you can switch this on in the Options panel to see the difference.
    - Skill Panel now show first decimal fraction of current skill value.
    -Additional arrows for different increment project moves added to the construction Move Panel. These are not currently set correctly and will be adjusted for the next patch.

Bug Fixes:

- Blocked dragging items to the Cart (Key) slot in the pack panel.
    - Blocked labeling containers while looting corpses.
    - Fixed bugs with dragging from construction sites to ground containers.
    - Fixed bugs with female parry animations.

If you have any problems with your inventory or packs due to dragging items to your Cart / Keys slot or from a Construction Site to 'floating slots' please contact Dezgard or one of the Guides.

The test server is currently available, but we need to patch out some files for proper public testing. I will post when we are ready for this.

Thanks and enjoy!

October 21 2011

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

Just a quick update tonight to keep you all informed. We are plugging away on thecurrent improvements: Carts, new architecture parts, undead, mutants and a lot of bug fixes. Things are coming together but it's been a hectic week.

We've been slowed down as we are currently solving a problem with too many trees spawning in the green mist area. There are close to 2 million trees out there! Cartshave also brought more complications than we bargained for, but we are getting here.

Some of you experienced major time outs a few times over the past few days. There was a problem at our host location and they informed us that this has been resolved and was due to some hardware failing and switching over to backups.

We will be working through the weekend as usual. Once we're done testing our system to reset trees in the green mist, we will open up the test server again.

October 25 2011

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

The Test Server is currently open to the public. New architecture corner, ramps and platforms are ready and will be patched out this week. We already patched out the necessary data files.

If youwant to help test carts or new architecture parts, you can use the Global or Help channel on the test server to see if a developer or guide is around. Carts still need work with encumbrance and other issues.

We've fixed many small bugs and improved placement, object interaction and inventory functions. Inventory functions don't have a noticeable difference but we have been testing the changes heavily as the system required revisions so that NPC scan use all the inventory functions that players use (such as looting and using containers).

That's all at the moment as things are very hectic this week. I am preparing to go toRussia this weekend and we have a lot going on. We will have a patch out this week with at least many bug fixes and the new architecture parts.

Enjoy!

October 28 2011

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

Just a quick update for now: This has been a very hectic week as I've been preparing for the next 2 1/2 months in Russia and I'm still not fully recovered.

However, we have a patch ready that will go live tonight or tomorrow morning. We are just doing some final tests. I will announce the patch 2 hours in advance.

That's all for the moment!

October 29 2011: 12:30 AM

The main server will be down from 2:00AM to 3:AM PST for an update. I will post again after the update!

October 29 2011: 3:00 AM

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

The main server is restarting and will be up soon. The restart is taking a while as we are running a process to remove the abundance of trees in the green mist.

I will post patch notes in the morning.

Enjoy!

October 29 2011:

Patch Notes:

Crafting and Construction:

- New architecture parts: Ramps, Platforms, Corner Walls, Corner Floors.
    - Revised bonuses for Artisan and Master Tools.

Character and Interaction:

- Improved functions for interaction distance to keep containers open properly.

World:

- Improved placement collision (in particular for placing objects on floors and ramps).
    - Improved collision in general for new architecture parts.
    - Removed abundance of trees in the green mist.

Interface and Rendering:

- HDR(High Dynamic Range) improved.
    - Sun ray effect with HDR turned on.

Bug Fixes:

- Blocked dismantling buildings with objects on top.
    - Fixed inventory bugs.
    - Fixed decimal display of skill points.
    - Fixed Heyburn Pants meshes.

The main goals of this patch are to get the new architecture parts out there and to prepare inventory functions for carts and undead. I am leaving for Russia tonight so I won't be settled in until Monday or so.

Enjoy!

November 4 2011:

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

I'm finally fully settled in here in Russia. It was a long trip with a canceled flight to deal with and it took me a while to get my internet properly set up,but everything is good now and I've spent the past day and a half catching up with what was done while I was traveling.

The main focus right this weekend is to test what's been done this week and get the next patch out early next week. I will catch up with the Questions of the Week by Monday.

That's my quick update for today. I hope you all enjoyed the Halloween event!