Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
    Honest answer here, the game play it's self is a bit tedious. Wondering when my hands are going to give out. A lot of point and click and the windows/baskets/containers constantly moving around personally drives me bonkers. Many a time I have just walked away from the computer out of fustration. Lag is a bit rough right now. Also if I was in a tribe that just gave me everything I wouldn't find that very fun or exciting half the fun right now is seeing if I can make it on my own. My 3 pennies take em or not

Quote Originally Posted by d1g1talbuddha View Post
    Worst part is, I wish for the success of Xsyon, but can not, in good faith, recommend this game to anyone.
    While i somewhat agree with what is stated above, you have to understand what goes into a game like this. Not to say you are by any means ignorant i think most people do not give enough credit to this understaffed team and how fast they are accomplishing progress in this game. Wurmonline i played for 4 years and there effort into progress i wouldn't even rate at an 1/8 of what these guys put in and it took them many many years to even accomplish what this team has in less then a year, months even. Not to mention how responsive there team is in cooperating with the community and actually listening to what there player base suggest while relentlessly spending sleepless nights coding fixes and on top of that spending the time to go skim through forums and respond to player questions and needs.

Most people from what i have seen are loving what xsyon has to offer and hoping the best for the finished product, i can only hope that the hindered population returns once they begin to tweak things like combat and crafting (because IMHO that is where the replay value is in a game such as this), i am personally a 70+ weapon crafter in game and feel that craft has nothing left to offer currently for example simply because i cannot tell the difference from one blades damage or speed compared to any other. Whats personally kept me returning in the game so far is my love to terraform land sit back and enjoy what i have accomplished most of all playing the game with a great group of people while doing so. Given combat is IMO completely broken atm and crafting is lacking due to rarity of high ql recipes and ql of items/armor itself. I still have faith that they will make them work in a timely manner once they have tended some of the more pressing and time consuming necessary fixes such as zone lag, animals and loading times.

Long story short i guess im trying to say i think people should probably do other things to kill time if there looking for a more finished product so to speak and not give up on xsyon so easily due to unfinished features at the prime of there release. Wouldn't you agree?

Sell it before it's too late, Jordi!

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    The factor that makes it hard for you to enjoy the game is that you only like 1 of the features. As you listed, they would have to turn off a lot of features to make the game boring for many of us. One feature is not working and you are bored. I don't mean that this is your fault, but perhaps it indicates that the game is not for you.
    The "feature" I am talking about is playability at a stable ping. The absence of this "feature" would be considered a game-breaking bug in any real-time game. It is something that was working before, but is now not. So I don't really find your response to be convincing.

Armand, your comments are almost uniformly hostile personal attacks and off-topic recommendations such as "vote with your wallet", a glib and facile response that can be directed at any gameplay criticism without contributing anything to the discussion. Your conduct publicly shames Hopi tribe. Proud of yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    The "feature" I am talking about is playability at a stable ping. So I don't really find your response to beconvincing.
    Convincing ? About what ?

But my question is if they fix the combat (ping and everything-wise), will you enjoy the game ? This is a serious question.

Xsyon Citizen
    By "convincing", I mean, e.g., "persuasive".

I'll rephrase, then. You're suggesting that since the lack of one "feature" is so troubling to me, whereas they'd have to turn multiple "features" off to upset you, that shows "this game isn't for me" [though I can't say I'm thrilled with this dead-end response constantly being trotted out...].

But that response confuses core gameplay functionality with mere "features". As an illustration, note that if the "inventory feature" were broken, so that you couldn't hold or use any items (but could go around punching people endlessly), you wouldn't really be able to do any of the things you've said you enjoy. Having player sync be completely out of whack is that basic and essential to the functioning of a real-time game, especially one with twitch combat elements. See what I mean?

As to your question, I'd say that if they fixed the sync and nothing more, I'd be happy with the progress for a couple weeks. Of course, I can't promise I'd like the game – all sorts of further annoyances, like being unable to find a player willing to leave his/her safe zone, could conceivably rear their heads.

seems to me that you may looking for a quick band aid to certain features to make it more tolerable would i be correct to assume so?

Xsyon Citizen
    Not quite sure what you mean. Yes, fixing sync would make other things more tolerable. Yes, I'd like that fix to be quick like a band-aid, but no, I wouldn't want that fix to be temporary like a band-aid. So, I am saying that I'd probably be happy with the current PVP system for at least a while if they would just fix the sync. Not sure if that is what you meant.

game is empty for a reason no combat system no contents now we can only build and craft.
    a lot of ppls have quit i think only 10% accounts are playing now.
    my tribe have 20 ppls and i'am the only one are play, a lot of tribe near me is empty.