Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I noticed that Revs can climb cliffs and terraformed walls as if they were flat. I would think they should have the same difficulty with steep terrian as players do.

they share the same AI as creatures. The change was put in effect cause creatures kept getting stuck in ravines and waterfalls.

would be nice if it could have been avoided... As trying to hunt near mountains can be very bothersome.

Hi, i'm a new player i started around a week ago.
    I just logged in today on the test server to see how things are going:

-revenants had a longer range then me (i'm using an axe, they bare firsts), they hit me from 9 to 12 health per hit ( i was wearing full leather clothing, ofc bad quality, i'm a new player).
    I could barely hit them, don't know if it's because of range again or because of hit box. At a certain point i was very close and standing still and yet couldn't hit.
    I have 90 str and fort, around 73 health, didn't have a chance not even against one. I would like to know what a new player, expecially one that doesn't have maxed out str and fort is supposed to do when the patch comes out. I don't want to join a tribe.

- one revenant had some troubles finding a path through a group of bins on the ground.

- i got attacked by 3 pine martins and a rat all together, one of the pine martins did more then 9 health damage, i was still wearing leather clothing ....

I just want to share my point of view, as a solo new player, on what's going on the test server.

With the nerf of bonuses my stam drops like a freaking rock now and with no way to regen it or health without a complete safe spot to just stop and stair at my toon doing nothing but lay there is one of the biggest problems I see.

I'm excited about that Lots of stuff to kill - finding safe spots from Revs... having a good fight, needing to rest. Yup I'm ready

Player health regeneration is painfully slow especially when there is no where to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by lissesul View Post
    Hi, i'm a new player i started around a week ago.
    I just logged in today on the test server to see how things are going:

-revenants had a longer range then me (i'm using an axe, they bare firsts), they hit me from 9 to 12 health per hit ( i was wearing full leather clothing, ofc bad quality, i'm a new player).
    I could barely hit them, don't know if it's because of range again or because of hit box. At a certain point i was very close and standing still and yet couldn't hit.
    I have 90 str and fort, around 73 health, didn't have a chance not even against one. I would like to know what a new player, expecially one that doesn't have maxed out str and fort is supposed to do when the patch comes out. I don't want to join a tribe.

- one revenant had some troubles finding a path through a group of bins on the ground.

- i got attacked by 3 pine martins and a rat all together, one of the pine martins did more then 9 health damage, i was still wearing leather clothing ....

I just want to share my point of view, as a solo new player, on what's going on the test server.
    I am using picks and had the same problem. And that's using decent leather armor.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    1)Using all sorts of different tactics you can kill monsters in this game without being hit, not really a bad thing just you can. If you change this you mess up many things in the game. I'm not sure one way is better than other ways.
    Please explain exactly what tactics can be used to kill monsters without being hit. I need to determine if this is an imbalance (in speeds for example) or taking advantage of bugs or other situations (collision in some areas?).

Thanks

Regarding ranges: Are these attack range differences noticed when standing still or while running? I am trying to determine if the perceived difference is based on ping delay or some other issue (as the actual ranges are the same for revenants and humans, they are pulled from the same data).

Thanks

Im not sure about there range tbh because my toon is very very short and most Revs look like a tower next to me so there range im sure is a LOT more then mine.Im not saying there isent a range problem but it could be there height people might not be considering.