View Poll Results: downtime for the server

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • stagarded maintenance times (they change to keep most people happy)

31 34.07%
  • fixed maintenance times (same time ever day)

60 65.93%
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Yes because we all know that if the devs make a choice that must have been the most sensible one right?

I really hope they are not doing what they say in your post, because its one of the stupidest things I can think of for setting up a downtime. Instead of pissing a few people (yes VERY FEW) you are going to be pissing off everyone. Really smart there.

Dont worry it will change. Just watch the first time downtime rolls into the 8pm PST time frame. These boards will be filled with people saying just how stupid your idea is.
    Says you and one other guy Tell you what, can you go over it one more time for us?

Quote Originally Posted by Flatlander View Post
    Just curious, where did you hear that exactly? Just idle party talk?

Anyway, my point was more along the lines of saying that it mostly depends on what the doctore is in. For example, a phd in mathematics, or even computer science, beats the living crap out of a phd in psychology.
    That's funny, I had actually been thinking "I hope they have at least one Anthropology or Psychology Phd in there."

Reason being, the best programming in the world doesn't necessarily address the social structure that can often make or break these types of games in the long run. I'm way off topic now though... sorry .

Quote Originally Posted by Kinslayer View Post
    Says you and one other guy Tell you what, can you go over it one more time for us?

Me and one other guy? Have you read the poll? Or can you not understand the graph?

Just watch the first time downtime rolls into the 8pm PST time frame.
    WTF???????

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_rt View Post
    WTF???????
    Dont worry, DDT is just making shit up and being a drama queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinslayer View Post
    Dont worry, DDT is just making shit up and being a drama queen.
    I think you and wolf misunderstood what I was saying. I wasnt saying that the first downtime on the new system would be at 8pm PST. Im saying watch when the downtime is set for 8pm PST all the people on here coming out of the wood works upset about it is what Im saying.

See right now you have the wheels squeaking that are the ones who have been effected. (The few of you). Wait til the prime time hours are effected just how many people will be squeaking then.

I laugh at the thought that you think Im being a drama queen when its people like you saying "Im going home if I cant have it my way" attitude.

I think you and wolf misunderstood what I was saying. I wasnt saying that the first downtime on the new system would be at 8pm PST. Im saying watch when the downtime is set for 8pm PST all the people on here coming out of the wood works upset about it is what Im saying.

See right now you have the wheels squeaking that are the ones who have been effected. (The few of you). Wait til the prime time hours are effected just how many people will be squeaking then.

I laugh at the thought that you think Im being a drama queen when its people like you saying "Im going home if I cant have it my way" attitude.
    No one suggested here to set the downtime to PST primetime. Just move it around in the 3am-11am PST timewindow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    No one suggested here to set the downtime to PST primetime. Just move it around in the 3am-11am PST timewindow.
    There is more people playing at 11am PST than people from 3am.

I would bet about 10x more. Why? Because 3am PST is only a very very few amount of people able to even log in there.
    Why would you want to piss off that many people? 11am PST is about when kids are getting out of school on EST. On top of that its SMACK in the middle of EU primetime.
    So you believe its ok to put it when a lot more people are playing just to avoid pissing off the few people playing at 3am - 4am PST?

I can see maybe putting it from 3am PST, til about 5am PST, with it changing rotating between those 3 hours. But anything more than that is really really bad idea.

Really what you should do is stick it still at the least amount of people playing. Because moving it around will only piss off 3hours worth of people instead of 1 hour of the least amount of people. Everyone can move on in their merry way and understand when it will be and if this will be the game for them or not. If you change it over 3 hours, then you have 3 hours of people that will not want to play the game.

Doesnt matter, this is common sense to me. Clearly you have people like Kinslayer who is "Oh no its at my primetime" type of thought process that have no care about anyone else. As long as its not at their times they are ok. They dont care about the best for the game or anyone else.

I can see you are trying Jadzia, but you know what sometimes things dont work out and they just suck. Thats what happening here. You can only do so much. You have to limit the amount of damage done. There is no perfect option without pissing anyone off. Thus you have to limit how many people are pissed off. How do you do this? You put it at the time where the FEWEST amount of people are logging in. PERIOD.

how about one day a week the server is offline for 24 hours. every friday night is my vote well just piss everyone off.

When the US and EU folk argue about down time there is usually a good spot, but then you have to go and throw JAP/AU in the mix and all hell breaks loose.

Soo.. the poll is finished, you have everyone's thaughts... Whats the Verdict?