Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...7195#post57195

Well I was thinking about going War... but now I'll prolly go peace after the above clarification on consentual wars. Having tribes choose from the start whether they will be warring or not and not being able to change it (or some variation of this as we as a community may come to terms with later) would be better than the previous dislike some siegers have said.

That is not true... as per the new update. War and conquest was not the original design.
    this makes me cringe so much. have you not read ANYTHING about their visions asides from the FEATURE LIST?

Quote Originally Posted by kaisergod View Post
    Its kind of funny how the tone of mos tof the "carebears" has changed here from the past few weeks.

There wa slot sof "Thats not what this game is. GTFO and go play someting else".

Now he gives those who wanted more PvP and warfare a different server to play on, which is essentially the same as them going an dplaying a different game, and youre all up in arms about it.

If theyre not on YOUR server, then why does it concern you so much? Wethe rthey left the game, or picke dthe other server the people you didnt want in Xsyon will not be on your server. You guys can still play exactly the way you wanted, with safe zones & consentual tribal warfare, so why the hell do you care so much that there is another server that is slightly different?
    The so called "carebears" are not worried about the split. They are probably not even paying attention to this. They will play the way the game was meant to be played, while the PK minority continues to whine and fuss until they can get the Devs to change it to their way. Only once its changed to the demands of the PKers willl the "carebears" care, and they will show that by discontinuing their subscription. That is why the Devs must stick to their guns and deliver the game the way it was meant to be whether its on one server or two. The majority prefers the game the way it was envisioned by the Devs, not the PKers and whiners.

"One last clarification as I need to focus on other things: Consensual warfare would mean tribes choosing to be warring tribes or not. This would be a permanent or difficult to reverse choice, not a switch and would have benefits. Wild areas will remain as open PvP areas on both servers." -Xsyon

That clears it up a bit. So once you've chosen to be a 'warring tribe' you're pretty much stuck. So those who want to have wars can do so, only it'd have to be with other tribes who chose the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Raizure View Post
    this makes me cringe so much. have you not read ANYTHING about their visions asides from the FEATURE LIST?
    Yes. All FAQs.. interviews... and many other things. The first thing I read about war was "can't lose main totems... can lose territory totems". However it still isn't set in stone so many things can change.

What you are cringing from is not having realized the true intentions until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles_Prince View Post
    I agree with almost everything you've said here.

Regarding the part in bold: It's not a matter of what people THINK, we were just discussing which server will be closer to the originally planned ruleset.
    Right, but I'm just pointing out that the fragmenting of the population into two servers at the beginning is the bigger issue. Take WAR for example. It is very likely to have a PvP-centric community at launch and for those critical foundational weeks and months. This means the game will evolve with this PvP-centric population making the decisions that create the foundation of the society. Of course things will change and evolve, and nothing is written in stone, but the odds are many of the original "rules" put in place wil stay there because humans dislike change in general. WAR may have a closer version of the original features at launch, but it will not even be close to the same game as the original vision.

Hell... who really knows? We are all speculating here, and actually it's pretty damned fascinating to do so. How many games can you even have a conversation like this about?

Splitting the Population is aweful.

Your spending so much resources on have 4 servers. 2 NA 2 EU. This overall is terrible for development and u will be drained on resources.

I am SO against this move in so many ways. Just make a freaking executive decision. Is this a PvP game? Is this a Crafting carebear game?

Then focus on 1 and make it perfect. You cant be semi good at everything and expect to be successful

Quote Originally Posted by mindtrigger View Post
    Right, but I'm just pointing out that the fragmenting of the population into two servers at the beginning is the bigger issue. Take WAR for example. It is very likely to have a PvP-centric community at launch and for those critical foundational weeks and months. This means the game will evolve with this PvP-centric population making the decisions that create the foundation of the society. Of course things will change and evolve, and nothing is written in stone, but the odds are many of the original "rules" put in place wil stay there because humans dislike change in general. WAR may have a closer version of the original features at launch, but it will not even be close to the same game as the original vision.

Hell... who really knows? We are all speculating here, and actually it's pretty damned fascinating to do so. How many games can you even have a conversation like this about?
    Exactly in bold.
    It's an opportunity that does not come around often.

8. 03-04-2011, 06:27 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Jagsman32 View Post
    The so called "carebears" are not worried about the split. They are probably not even paying attention to this. They will play the way the game was meant to be played, while the PK minority continues to whine and fuss until they can get the Devs to change it to their way. Only once its changed to the demands of the PKers willl the "carebears" care, and they will show that by discontinuing their subscription. That is why the Devs must stick to their guns and deliver the game the way it was meant to be whether its on one server or two. The majority prefers the game the way it was envisioned by the Devs, not the PKers and whiners.
    But that still doesnt answer my question. If youre so sure about the way the game was envisioned and intended to be... you still have that on 1 server correct?

So why does it matter what is happening on the other server? Do the same people throwing fits about what the ruleeset is on the server they wont be picking also sit here all day complaining about what people are doing in othe rgames too? Basically theyre 2 seperate worlds, with no tie to eachother and no impact on eachother. Like parallel universes that had a slight split somewhere along the way, but never impact eachother. Why does everyone care what is happening in that othe runiverse?

Theres plenty of the "carebear" crowd thats been posting in this thread and theyr ethe ones doing most of the complaining. Im a PvPer, everything else comes 2nd to me, and im completely for this idea. I dont like lots of restrictions on my PvP, especially in RvR, Guild vs Guild, Tribe vs Tribe situations. Those of us who feel that way now have a server that is not completely different from the other, only slightly more geared towards us.

Quote Originally Posted by kaisergod View Post
    Its kind of funny how the tone of mos tof the "carebears" has changed here from the past few weeks.

There wa slot sof "Thats not what this game is. GTFO and go play someting else".

Now he gives those who wanted more PvP and warfare a different server to play on, which is essentially the same as them going an dplaying a different game, and youre all up in arms about it.

If theyre not on YOUR server, then why does it concern you so much? Wethe rthey left the game, or picke dthe other server the people you didnt want in Xsyon will not be on your server. You guys can still play exactly the way you wanted, with safe zones & consentual tribal warfare, so why the hell do you care so much that there is another server that is slightly different?
    I just want us all to be together. Lemme give you a colorful analogy...

Imagine Xsyon is a rock band. Crafters are the drums that keep the songs moving in time, providing the backbone. Good pvpers are the bass that grooves with the drums to serve as a counterpoint to the screaming wails of the lead guitar. And the evil pvpers are that same guitar that adds improvisation & flair to the otherwise predictable rhythm section. The community as a whole is the singer, tying it all together & providing the lyrics & melody that make up the story of each song. Each of these instruments, on its own, is capable of making fantastic sounds. However, they don't offer much in the way of dynamics....and alas, sounds are not always music. When all played together, they make beautiful music.

Those of us who oppose having two servers with different rule sets just want to keep the band together. There is a legitimate concern that the Ringo's of the world will take their drums to the peace server, while George is strumming his guitar over on War. Paul is sort of caught in between, but will probably end up mostly hanging out with George. And John...poor John...John has just had a psychotic break & is being treated for multiple personality disorder. Some days he chills with Ringo & other days he's best buds with George. However, ultimately he leaves the band & shacks up with Yoko (aka - "the next game").

Xsyon....Jordi....please don't break up the band.

Two seperate forums would also be very cool. Perhaps even two different game names