Thread: New Player

New Player

I have been playing Xsyon on and off for years. I don't even remember how many accounts I have 3 or 4 I think? I tried several tribes along the way. Played solo got ganked, and ganked, and umm.... ganked, good times. Tried it out on the "new" pve server, sometime later, talking to the same six or seven people online at that time. Got board, began talking to myself and eating the grass I pulled, finally moved on to another game, again.
    Got a letter in my email stating buy to play. Thought to myself, hmm.. got so bad they are giving it away. Don't get me wrong, always loved the game, just hated the experience.
    Anyway, my "current" game went offline for a bit so just for the laugh I jumped into Xsyon just to look around. Kid you not, ended up playing the entire weekend. Had a blast. There is so many people now. Hell, I even setup a trade with some folks west of me. For the record I have never had the experience of a full trade partnership in Xsyon. Yesterday alone I bet you I met 20-25 people. Not hundreds of miles away but around me! The local chat was blowing up. I have had more fun playing in the last couple days in Xsyon then all my time combined thus far. Just seems like a totally different game now. The community, even as free to play, is just great, great people. The staff is helpful and fast. I am quick to complain, I figured I take a moment to let Xsyon know you are definitely headed in the right direction.

I am curious, altho buy to play has had a major impact on game experience, it is without a doubt impossible to maintain the game financially like this. I am sure this must have been a big leap of faith to make the call for the switch. Question is what is the game plan for expenses? Gold membership privileges? Donation? Game of the year edition with perks? Cosmetic Store? possibly even Xsyon 2.0? Just curious.

Great job btw.

Jordi stated here: http://www.xsyon.com/showthread.php/...-Subscriptions

That the goal is to offset the loss of income from the subscription by continued purchases of the game.

Some of us have requested the ability to purchase totem time which keeps your totem at 0 days inactive until that time expires for 5/mo, 14/3mo, 24/6mo and 42/1 year.

That feature has been added already and is available under "My Settings" at the top and then clicking on "Game Managment" followed by "Add Pre-Paid Totem Time".

Heck i already filled my totem time up for the next 6 months, I think its a good solution for those of that want to play infrequently but often(if that makes any kind of sense)

I myself requested the ability to buy Adjustment points, Ie those 4 re specs you get on every toon for your stats. I totally would pay for those because i like to change my characters around.

That thread i listed i think is the one you might want to add input too, jordi was asking if there were any games with examples of what gold/premium features are restricted between sub and non sub accounts.

Unfortunately thinking about it, xsyon doesn't have very many systems you can restrict with out breaking stuff, the only thing i can think of is:
    -limiting the number of players the founder of a tribe can have
    -limiting the size a tribe can grow to
    -limiting the number of skill locks to 1 for non subs
    -Allowing the purchase of character slots.

Part of the problem is you start moving into a F2P model the more you restrict things like this, if the game isn't already in F2P you have to start taking stuff away and the existing player base will just throw a fit. So a lot of things that can be monetized in other games can't be monetized here.

But thinking about games like Killing floor 2 or H1Z1 for example, they have a buy once play forever business model, both have loot crates which require keys, which in turn can only be purchased with real money. The model was at least successful enough to killing floor to get a sequel.
    Last edited by xyberviri; 01-21-2016 at 12:13 PM.

"Jordi stated here: http://www.xsyon.com/showthread.php/...-Subscriptions"
    Missed this, did a search seen a few comments here and there nothing solid, thanks.

"Some of us have requested the ability to purchase totem time which keeps your totem at 0 days inactive until that time expires for 5/mo, 14/3mo, 24/6mo and 42/1 year."
    Missed this, it explains why some of the tribes around me are not falling. I was curious about that. I'll get that taken care of soon as I get home. "currently at work".

One thing to remember is that the Time applies for both PvP and PvE so if you have a tribe on both but only log into one, they both show inactive 0 days.

Quote Originally Posted by xyberviri View Post

Unfortunately thinking about it, xsyon doesn't have very many systems you can restrict with out breaking stuff, the only thing i can think of is:
    -limiting the number of players the founder of a tribe can have
    -limiting the size a tribe can grow to
    -limiting the number of skill locks to 1 for non subs
    -Allowing the purchase of character slots.

Part of the problem is you start moving into a F2P model the more you restrict things like this, if the game isn't already in F2P you have to start taking stuff away and the existing player base will just throw a fit. So a lot of things that can be monetized in other games can't be monetized here.
    I disagree here.

If I remember correctly, EQ went with classic servers and what many call 'pay to win' servers among their many servers. The hard-core purest (with inordinate amounts of time on their hands) played on the classic server where nothing but the game and updates could be purchased. The more casual folks with less time to play but fat wallets could buy lots of things in the game that normally was not possible --all because the varying servers were tailored to certain player bases. This could be tried here in Xsyon and just might produce increased income to help further develop the game.
    Last edited by wastelandstoic; 01-25-2016 at 03:45 PM.