Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by simple69 View Post
    Very well said. I was also thinking that they should have like a bazaar area in game were you could rent vendors and such so you could place items for trade. Make it easier to do trades and such.
    I dont want this at all. I want players to make their own bazaars. Problem right now isnt that players cant make them, its that no one needs to. They can do everything, have access to just about everything, and need nothing.

Plus to haul their goods they have to die, or go VERY VERY slow.

Xsyon Citizen
    Thats why a central area for a bazaar might work better. A neutral area as well. That way the travel is equal distance for everyone. Nothing worse then trading for a saw and the guy is on the other side of the map. Makes the though of going to get it less appealing, and the idea that I'll just grind it out myself instead more appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by simple69 View Post
    Thats why a central area for a bazaar might work better. A neutral area as well. That way the travel is equal distance for everyone. Nothing worse then trading for a saw and the guy is on the other side of the map. Makes the though of going to get it less appealing, and the idea that I'll just grind it out myself instead more appealing.
    The whole point is that people will make a bazzar area themselves. Some outposts will be great for trading, because they are located near the hard to reach areas, while other trading places will be near the center of the map for ease of access. The center places likely will have less resources, because people around them use them up. While the outpost will have more because they are out near them.

Making a center place, will hurt player choice. Making it safe will hurt PVP, and again player choice. If trader's kill their merchants or buyers, it wont be long before word gets out they are not to be trusted.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahln View Post
    What makes you think anyone is ever going to trade in this game?

First off, it defeats the purpose of the game. 99% of the game is gathering resources; the other 1% is making useless junk out of it. Why not just play the game you're paying to play (or playing for free, if you're like me).

Second, in Xsyon, trading only saves people time since there is nothing else really stopping you from going out there and getting it yourself. Also, since everyone still playing this game clearly has a lot of extra time on their hands, then obviously they'll just do it themselves.

Finally, the lack of fast travel means everything you will ever need is in reach -- and if it isn't, you need to move.

I think your missing the big picture here........

If the Dev team wants more than 60-70 players logged online at one time then you need more stuff to do, so you dont have 99% of your time being "free"

The Mutant add on is to turn the game more towards that. Kill zombies, instead of crafting (now you need to trade more often than before)

Skill Decay = more trade, since you now cant master 3 or 4 skill types

More Trade Skills (Cooking, Animal Handling, Farming) all makes more things to do and get, making it harder to do them all on your own, = more trade, its harder to do everything now

and the game keeps moving that way, they need end game content if they ever want to make money off the game to support their lives. They need a reason to make armor, to create homes, to play the game.

The Dev team is moving that way, its obvious from the things they are adding in (carts being one of them) we are just trying to be helpful with some ideas

Xsyon Citizen
    I agree with your Fergie on all those points. If the game doesn't have a economy then whats the point in crafting all this time or spending time grinding crafting. There needs to be some sort of economy to make all that time spent grinding it to be worth while.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergie View Post
    The Dev team is moving that way, its obvious from the things they are adding in (carts being one of them) we are just trying to be helpful with some ideas

I agree with everything you said. But this line here is specially it. Carts are part of it, but so are other things. Armor having a bigger effect (up to 65% protection right now vs new players, 30% vs high skilled), bonuses of items. Weapons having up to 50% more damage based on QL.
    Hunger and Thirst effects coming into play soon a lot more.

Zombies, mutants and contested resources will all play major roles into what is going to be the biggest effects on econ. After that skill decay and skill caps.

Modes of selling wares, modes of shipping goods, and more styles/favor of crafting also. Cooking and farming will play parts into this, but really without local and regional resources they will just be like any other skill.

I really hope the focus after Zombies/mutants/contested resources the push going to be ECON. Item decay needs balancing, the way you skill up with items and resources needs to be changed and balanced. Making 10000000 wooden needles out of wood which is almost unlimited isnt a great answer to making economy work. People should be tossing out Master Supreme QL tools because they dont need the 1000th one. These items should be much more rare, and useful.

Leveling up your tradeskills should be for the purpose of using those tradeskill products, not so that you can sell your product into an economy...
    Huh?

It should be both, the tradeskiller should either level it up to use it for themselves/tribe and/or to make a profit off it. It doesnt need to only be for their own personal or tribe use. Making money off a skill is very useful.

Maybe if you live in modern day New York and you can go slave away at a call center and hate your life, then come home and smoke weed and play video games all day.

However, this is a god damn apocalyptic Indian magic/religion/zombies/mutants survival game. Our characters shouldn't be looking to cleverly profit off neighboring tribes by performing some menial task.

Works in just about every game and economy I know. You do X I do Y we trade to save us time from doing X and Y.

You specialize in X, I specialize in Y. If we were to do both we would do it less effective and efficiency.

Yet it doesn't work in this game.

You're rewarded with general XP and self-sufficiency by doing the grind yourself. That in itself demolishes any reason to trade, even within your own tribe. How are you even typing these posts, don't you have like every skill maxed?
    You hit the problem why econ isnt working, and making my point. Not hurting my point. My point is that if people were to focus they should be rewarded. Not rewarded for doing everything. In this game currently there is no reward to focus, and no need not to focus. You just said before.

"Leveling up your tradeskills should be for the purpose of using those tradeskill products, not so that you can sell your product into an economy..."

Which means you should level up for items so you can use them and not for econ. While normally they are used for econ and not ONLY for use. Making items for trade is a very valid use of leveling up a skill. I remember in UO I would level up mining while I was mostly a Tailor because mining made more money and was easy for me due to being near rare ore spawns. So I leveled up mining to trade people for tailoring mats I needed.

So far it's just a competition to make the coolest mountain of wasted time.
    i lol'd, well done sir