New skill Tracking

lets face it wandering around and looking and hoping you will see the Loch Ness raccoon is very boring. I know the games is trying for a realistic approach. In some cases yes it could work in a mmo. I think letting the animals mate and spawn is not a good realistic approach for a mmo. With a tracking skill you let the player track down animals.

Say i use my tracking skill... after 5-6 try es cause I'm at a low skill level. I get a message.. You find some raccoon poop. it looks fresh! There are some track's leading off to the north. after a few more skill uses and messages, Ive tracked down a small family of raccoons.

this is what the player See's more or less. but behind the scenes the games leading u to a place where the animals you are tracking will spawn up. this removes the letting the animals mate, which doesn't work in a mmo. It gives you a way to spawn animals for people to hunt.

I dont agree. Mating is a wonderful thing. What if i build a huge ranch, and lurk some animals to my ranch. Now i can bread them, and sell what i need.

Quote Originally Posted by jaro420 View Post
    lets face it wandering around and looking and hoping you will see the Loch Ness raccoon is very boring. I know the games is trying for a realistic approach. In some cases yes it could work in a mmo. I think letting the animals mate and spawn is not a good realistic approach for a mmo. With a tracking skill you let the player track down animals.

Say i use my tracking skill... after 5-6 try es cause I'm at a low skill level. I get a message.. You find some raccoon poop. it looks fresh! There are some track's leading off to the north. after a few more skill uses and messages, Ive tracked down a small family of raccoons.

this is what the player See's more or less. but behind the scenes the games leading u to a place where the animals you are tracking will spawn up. this removes the letting the animals mate, which doesn't work in a mmo. It gives you a way to spawn animals for people to hunt.
    On the contrary. I think letting the animals mate, literally spawn, attack other creatures, grow-up, level, mutate.. is an incredible and cool thing. That being said, you can't find animals because they migrate away from everyone. A lot of animals could be in the mist now (unfortunately)... alot could have been killed off because mating and stuff may not be turned on yet. They have more creatures that we haven't seen as well. So I'm inclined to think that we aren't even at the "monster stage" yet due to the previous set backs.

But...
    I like your ideas . I would love to have that sort of feature. Except I would rather it not just be a chance to find something towards the goal, but also a chance for you to be pushed in the wrong direction. So good trackers can find a lot of tracks/evidence of creatures and they won't be tricked. Bad trackers won't find a lot of evidence, but they can also be tricked. It just might be a little harder to code. Or maybe it says something like "These tracks head north or east, it's hard to tell." That might be good because then you go northeast or pick one.