Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Well, that was fun. The Defense Force estimated it would take about 30 minutes to run to the event. And we were right about that – 30 minutes of running, 2 hours 30 minutes of desyncing/crashing/loading entities, 1 minute of being told the event was over once we arrived, and 30 seconds of logging out my character, probably for the last time.

Congrats on a successful event.

Perhaps the 'spawn back at your totem' should be turned off during events. Its really not fun to spend 2 hours with running then being killed in 5 seconds before the event even starts as someone mentioned here.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    So it was a mess? Anyone killed anything (except time)?

I'm glad I slept through it.

I didn't expect you to actually show up anyways :0)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    Perhaps the 'spawn back at your totem' should be turned off during events. Its really not fun to spend 2 hours with running then being killed in 5 seconds before the event even starts as someone mentioned here.
    no.

the problem isn't the spawn mechanism. geographic disadvantage is part of the game...if you've got location you've got advantage.

they just need to make their game work.

between zone lag and zone crashing (and the corresponding loading zones + entities wait), trying to do anything outside your immediate homestead is more or less a pointless exercise in frustration.

I couldnt imagine trying to run a real 'force' of 10-15 players across the map to do something...you'd literally never make it. Every zoning would drop a player or two, which would incur a 10-30 minute entities delay.

We were three players trying to make it from 700 to 815, should have been ~30 minutes. We started our run about 840 (central us time) We did not reach the objective until 1030.

How many people made it to the event? we didn't see anyone once we got there (Except the disappearing guide saying the event was over), and only one person (in their homestead) en route.

To counter the above. me and a buddy I met travelled from 941 to 815. Took us 2 hours because we were sightseeing as well. Didn't experience THAT much lag when zone crossing and we didnt get dced at all.

Quote Originally Posted by GoralPL View Post
    To counter the above. me and a buddy I met travelled from 941 to 815. Took us 2 hours because we were sightseeing as well. Didn't experience THAT much lag when zone crossing and we didnt get dced at all.
    if we didn't get the crashes it wouldnt have been as bad. but 1 crash was a 30+ minute wait in one instance and a 20+ min wait in another.

if i recall the 30+ was more like 45 because it took the char about 10 mins to actually leave the game before he could actually relog in, then another 30 at loading entities.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    no.

the problem isn't the spawn mechanism. geographic disadvantage is part of the game...if you've got location you've got advantage.

they just need to make their game work.

between zone lag and zone crashing (and the corresponding loading zones + entities wait), trying to do anything outside your immediate homestead is more or less a pointless exercise in frustration.

I couldnt imagine trying to run a real 'force' of 10-15 players across the map to do something...you'd literally never make it. Every zoning would drop a player or two, which would incure a 10-30 minute entities delay.

We were three players trying to make it from 700 to 815, should have been ~30 minutes. We started our run about 840 (central us time) We did not reach the objective until 1030.

How many people made it to the event? we didn't see anyone once we got there (Except the disappearing guide saying the event was over), and only one person (in their homestead) en route.
    Even if there are no zone crossing lag and crashes, the spawning mechanic kills the events like this imo. The goal of an event is to provide fun for players, how is that fun to run there for 1 hours then being teleported back in 5 secs ?

We took a group around the lake, started at 15 strong and was down to 3 about 75% of the run completed, in the end only 1 member completed the run around the lake.

oh i agree, i'm just trying to see through the tear filled chaos that would ensue when you could never actually kill somebody off. I mean if i'm tryying to crash the event, you want to kill me and make me go away and not be right back on your back in 5 minutes, right?

a mechanic whereby a player could make a temporary bind point (campsite) would be nice. build a campfire. ability is on a 6 hour timer. bind point lasts for 2 hours. bind point is able to be destroyed by other players.

a player resurrection ability would also be nice.

but again, you can run half way across the world in 30 minutes if you don't have the lag and crashing...it's not unreasonable to expect that for an event.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    oh i agree, i'm just trying to see through the tear filled chaos that would ensue when you could never actually kill somebody off. I mean if i'm tryying to crash the event, you want to kill me and make me go away and not be right back on your back in 5 minutes, right?

a mechanic whereby a player could make a temporary bind point (campsite) would be nice. build a campfire. ability is on a 6 hour timer. bind point lasts for 2 hours. bind point is able to be destroyed by other players.

a player resurrection ability would also be nice.

but again, you can run half way across the world in 30 minutes if you don't have the lag and crashing...it's not unreasonable to expect that for an event.
    These are really nice ideas, would make an event a lot more fun.
    It takes like 1 and half an hour to run from the northest point of the lake down to south, so it really takes a while.