Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by byrgar View Post
    Have you heard of trade?
    You might want to read back on this thread to see my stance on it.

maybe I need to cross a section of another tribes safezone to get to my homestead, or, I could have been playing football and accidently kicked it over the fence.....
    Gonna have to be friends with them If you choose to pass through someones territory and you dont know them, you are aware of the risk.

There are a lot of reasons why somebody *might* enter another tribes safezone, there really is no reason why somebody attacking for no reason should still be safe.
    Maybe you are right, and alignment will solve the issue.
    Well, its not for no reason, its their territory and you conciously entered it with knowledge what might happen. If you dont trust them, or they gank you -> avoid. pretty simple.

Have you heard of trade? maybe I need to cross a section of another tribes safezone to get to my homestead, or, I could have been playing football and accidently kicked it over the fence.....
    There are a lot of reasons why somebody *might* enter another tribes safezone, there really is no reason why somebody attacking for no reason should still be safe.
    Maybe you are right, and alignment will solve the issue.
    Jeez, and people say I need to be more social in game. At least I know how to find a spot with good neighbors, and then be a good neighbor!

Everyone who is upset over not being able to defend yourself in another tribe's territory needs to join a big tribe with high, sturdy walls so you can lock yourself up smug and snug, lest your neighbor kill you as you are innocently passing through his territory picking wildflowers for your dear mum.

Not that I really think the people crying about this game mechanic are doing so because they're afraid of being ganked while innocently doing anything in another tribe's territory. Admit it, you just want to gang up with your friends to strip someone else's junkpile bare while they stand there and watch. Oh sure, you could wait until your victim is offline, but what would be the fun in that? It's much more enjoyable with tears and failed defense attempts that result in the repeated demise of the defender!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Not really, its supposed to be 80% good/neutral and 20% evil. Need to have disatvatages to being evil, alignment wont be just cosmetics i sincelrely hope. Rebuilding the world is focus, PvP is not, nor is PvP driving force for the game.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/01...syon-question/

Recently there seems to be a bit of a trend toward independently produced open-world games with sandbox elements and a heavy focus on PVP. What sets your game apart from titles like Darkfall or Mortal Online? Do you see PvP conflict as the driving force behind Xsyon?

What sets Xsyon apart is a focus on building and creating a new world and not relying on PvP as the driving force. The Xsyon setting is also based on reality and not a fantasy universe. This gives us the opportunity to introduce real locations and later historical lore to make Xsyon a somewhat educational experience.

Following on from that, both Darkfall and Mortal Online have attracted what many people consider to be undesirable communities (griefers, etc). Are there any mechanics in Xsyon created to keep anti-social behavior in check or is it truly up to the players and 'anything goes?'

In Xsyon, tribe zones are safe zones. While wilderness areas will be mostly anything goes, encumbrance limits will prevent extensive looting and mechanisms are in place to prevent camping spawn locations. The goal is to have open PvP in general but not cater to griefer types.

You been to apocalypse so you know? I say apocalypse=everyone is dead, so how do we play that one. Ooooor, how would you account gods and magic, was that also supposed to happen in your apocalypse?

Its very weird and selective apocalypse, maybe it weeded out all psycopaths, overly agressive people...theres nothing scientific about Xsyons apocalypse. from main page:

"War has ravaged the planet, opening a rift to another reality.The survivors of the grisly destruction rise from the ashes of ruin to encounter a world that has changed. A world that once existed only in the realm of mythology, legend and imagination has become concrete and very real...
    With the disruption of the planet, ancient gods awake to once again exert their powers over the earth. The lords of nature have revived the wastelands, eradicating and subverting the remnants of modern technology. Creatures of mutation and mythology now populate the land. The ways of swords and sorcery have replaced the path of science and progress."

Dont be careless and fight on edge of someones safe zone. If you are unaware of your surroundings you deserve to lose, aint that mantra that you all like to chant to care-bears soooo much, suck-it up carebear I do agree though that theres very little feedback on safe-zone notification, but then, it makes you all that more careful. If someone manages to bait you to his safe zone...

Yah, find a choke point and do just that, good luck.

EDIT: i just find all "apocalypose must look x way, you are doing it wrong" claims...amusing
    man your reply is just too full of shit to reply to this morning, just a bunch of half baked answers for the sake of replying to save face.

Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    man your reply is just too full of shit to reply to this morning, just a bunch of half baked answers for the sake of replying to save face.
    Half of my post are words from Jordi himself. You know, man who creates this game. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Half of my post are words from Jordi himself. You know, man who creates this game. *shrug*
    I'll get into your use of his words later, but more specifically I was referring to yours.

edit: If you couldn't figure out whose words I was referring to, you probably shouldn't even be using these forums.

Troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    I'll get into your use of his words later, but more specifically I was referring to yours.

edit: If you couldn't figure out whose words I was referring to, you probably shouldn't even be using these forums.

Troll.
    Aww, no name calling please, we are here to discuss. And i dont read minds sorry, "man your reply is just too full of shit" is referring to, well, reply, there is nothing pointing out any specific part of my reply, if you ment somethng else, well, you should be more specific next time. But, why im responding: because i do think what you have written is exactly what you ment, "man your reply is just too full of shit" with no specified parts that are or are not included in "full of shit".

Quote Originally Posted by Chavoda View Post
    there are no choke points at all in the game. just 5 min detours.
    There are 20 min detours...

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    Jeez, and people say I need to be more social in game. At least I know how to find a spot with good neighbors, and then be a good neighbor!

Everyone who is upset over not being able to defend yourself in another tribe's territory needs to join a big tribe with high, sturdy walls so you can lock yourself up smug and snug, lest your neighbor kill you as you are innocently passing through his territory picking wildflowers for your dear mum.

Not that I really think the people crying about this game mechanic are doing so because they're afraid of being ganked while innocently doing anything in another tribe's territory. Admit it, you just want to gang up with your friends to strip someone else's junkpile bare while they stand there and watch. Oh sure, you could wait until your victim is offline, but what would be the fun in that? It's much more enjoyable with tears and failed defense attempts that result in the repeated demise of the defender!
    What this guy says sums up how it is a broken mechanic.....find a tribe with walls and remain inside and don't go out...sounds like quite the game. This broken mechanic will create griefers to add to those already playing oppsed to actually detering anything

Also people seem to miss the reality that with the rush of people come launch and the amount of land avaiable 80%-90% of the game world will be a tribes land ie safe zone and everyone will be forced to walk through constantly facing invulnrable people which again will create far more griefing oppsed to dettering anything. The current rep system and flagging system as well as notification of who is good and eveil has not even been tested. We do not know if it even works. It is set for fail.

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post

haha, such a witty response, shame it is completely wrong though.
    I actually do not have an issue at all with the tribe next to me and their safezone, I have no desire to strip their junk pile bare, or anyone else's for that matter, I do have a wish to see more of the landscape than just my little homestead, and while I am out and about exploring, looking over my shoulder for *evil* players, I really do not want to have to wonder if that player who has a good aligned totem is going to do the same as the *evil* player would, just for shits and giggles because I am in his safezone and cannot hit back.
    I could say something like, Admit it, you just want to be able to gank people with no risk while standing in your safezone, but I will refrain from doing so.