Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Turn stuff on!

Quote Originally Posted by dukaal View Post
    i agree. I vote turn crap on
    I would have to agree aswell, as this "pre-launch" i expected to be able to do at least some decent stuff - at least gathering so i can sort out all my things.

If mass fishing and foraging is not causing any lag - why not slowly turn on other things such as gathering/logging first and see how it copes with lag so u can continue monitoring it before actual release.

If you wait till the 15th and turn all features on, heck you might have unforseen lag issues or bugs that you could of fixed within the "pre-launch" if you turn on some things at a time.

Just a thought

PS. If people are saying Terraforming is a major lag cause, then continue to leave that off, maybe turn it on for couple hours a day and monitor and alter it then. Turn it off after.

What better way to test lag then the go all in! TURN STUFF ON!!!

I agree, by turning on atleast gathering, they can allow us to do something in game and at the same time provide feedback for the dev team. As far as I know about software / gaming development, the more you allow the problem to occur, the more likely you are to catch it so if there is a problem with gathering than lets figure it out together.

Quote Originally Posted by dukaal View Post
    What better way to test lag then the go all in! TURN STUFF ON!!!
    *grabs his chips* - ALL IN

I say make the move - life is like poker

I thought the plan was to have the features turned on by Saturday(which is today for those who don't keep track)? Though I guess the funniest thing Xsyon could do is turn on the features at 11:59pm PST, lol. Would still be technically Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfmoonstrike View Post
    I thought the plan was to have the features turned on by Saturday(which is today for those who don't keep track)? Though I guess the funniest thing Xsyon could do is turn on the features at 11:59pm PST, lol. Would still be technically Saturday.
    And for some of us its Sunday morning ;D - or close to sunday afternoon . But we all know most MMOs go by PST what is fine with me. Works good with my work schedule! Where was the notice he said Saturday? I thought i read it too, but not sure where now.

Quote Originally Posted by xenoclix View Post
    And for some of us its Sunday morning ;D - or close to sunday afternoon . But we all know most MMOs go by PST what is fine with me. Works good with my work schedule! Where was the notice he said Saturday? I thought i read it too, but not sure where now.
    Yea that was my understanding as well but they worded it like "Once players are settled in, we will turn on the features and let the game being" which is sort of unclear on exactly when they plan on turning everything on. I am usually a very patient person but I am getting alittle ticked myself but this is the world of mmos and its always hurry up and wait.

Well Logic says they should turn on everything tomorrow, if they don't then they are causing them self big trouble again.
    We all know that whit each patch unintended new bugs arise, so whit the whole totem placement a few bugs came up and thye are fixing them/have fixed them. trouble is, this "fix" is done whiteout anything turned on, and it will cause new bugs when everything is turned back on again.
    So there test server (if they got any..) is obvious not giving the same results the beta/live server is giving and they have precious little time between bug , fixes and launch. turning everything on,see what happens and then quickly fix the most dire issue's and the minor asap is a far better choice right now then to keep stuck on a single bug that only is caused during prime time under heavy load , what is only 4 or 5 out of 24 hours a day. people generaly will be much more happy whit a reboot every hour/two hour to save logs and db data then playing a game they cant do anything in course they could not see the impact everything is having after the totem/tribe fix.

eh..just my toughs on it anyway..

Forgive me, but I know who to blame for why our features aren't turned on! It's not Xsyon's fault or even most of the community!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAYMJnO9LBQ

Disclaimer: This does not represent the views of Pandemic and the point is to make you laugh in your hour of boredom...

Can we at least have 20% less doom and gloom?
    Why don't we make a pact; no discussion of the server status or turning things off/on until 2pm PST Sunday afternoon.
    If it's not on by then maybe there is an issue.

Just remember though Tuesday is the projected launch day; if issues come up that delays launch they may delay launch.
    If they don't everyone will log in and say "Oh man this is the worst launch ever, they should have never released it in this state. they should have delayed launch."
    and if they delay launch I will be as ticked as anyone but I will also be glad when I finally can log in that I have a game that runs smooth (or as smooth as any mmo can expect to launch).