Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by galagah View Post
    If they have enough members for it , then what exactly is the problem ?

If you have guildies sitting in the sidelines that can't decide , then that is their ( your guilds ) problem , not " ANY " of the current players who have decided to show their support by paying already. Why should a " Smaller " group get the same size as the larger tribes who have enough members .
    If your going to demand a larger size for your smaller group , then i as a Homesteader with my Brother also want a larger area ( this line is sarcasm as i am perfectly happy with the small area i can share with my brother ) .

This change is "Better " for everyone all round . Group sizes are more dynamic and do not reserve more land than that group currently needs , this in turn helps EVERYONE by not pushing the creatures into the mist because there is nowhere for them to breed.

There is nothing stopping some of the smaller groups merging if they really " want " the larger area that " Tribes " give .
    BRAVO first awsome homesteader ive seen on the forums

ITs so simple ..just need some plain wording for the folks who cant read Coders talk.

-No land claim type has any membership limiteds
    -Homesteads don't grow. 1 or 50 member it keeps the same size.
    -A Band, a Clan, a Tribe all can grow, they all have a min and max size radius that upgrades as you gain more members,
    (min size don't Mather since you evolve that by getting members from band>Clan>Tribe, Max size is the important trick here, the "to close to a other tribe" mechanic )
    -Bands,Clans,Tribes can devolve back as members drop, decreasing their max "to close " and build able size.

Jordi does not recap old mechanics into new additions, the old homestead don't grow mechanic is still in place, He does only mentions what changes, never what stays the same unless he feels its needed to say, and being the guy who knowns everything it can be hard to Imagen how others will read his own post, and he cant write a manual for people who cant read between the lines and mix it whit old known info. he got a game to develop/tweak atm.

The area does grow and shrink automatically to limits based upon membership numbers.

Once a group gets big enough for the next size up, even if they have to disband and re-drop the totem whats the big deal?

Too much "what if's" and not enough in-game experience to get anyone's panties in a wad.

Here is how I interpret his comments.

The key pieces of info are the size limits he mentions, but also this comment...

Each of the tribe types can grow in radius beyond the size of the next type, so their maximum radius anticipates some growth.
    This means, the max radius for each tier (except HS) is actually the size of the tier above them. Anyway, on to the setup.

These aren't the actual numbers, but for example's sake, I'll assign land size radius as the following:

HS - 50m
    Band - 100m
    Clan - 150m
    Tribe - 200m

Ok, so here is how I think each one will be configured...

Homesteaders: Start with max 50m actual radius. Upon reaching 5 members, totem will need to be removed & replaced as Band totem in order to increase land radius & max member size.

Band: Start with 100m actual radius, with built-in max radius of 150m. Upon reaching 10 members, land is automatically increased to max 150m actual radius. Upon reaching 15 members, totem will need to be removed & replaced as clan totem in order to increase max land radius & max member size.

Clan: Start with 150m actual radius, with built in max radius of 200m. Upon reaching 20 members, land will automatically increase to 200m actual radius. Upon reaching 25 members, totem will need to be removed & replaced as Tribe totem in order to increase max member size. Land size will already be at max.

Tribe: Start with max 200m actual radius. Upon reaching 80 members, tribe will need to start separate new sub-tribe in a new location. I speculate the developers determined that 80 people is the max amount they feel the tribe-sized parcel can support. There is a potential in the future of a 5th tier & beyond as expansion zones & more land are introduced (guilds? towns? cities? etc...).

You need to add 2 more groups please...

200+ Zerg
    500+ CN

That is all...

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by baka77 View Post
    This means, the max radius for each tier (except HS) is actually the size of the tier above them.
    Actually, a close reading indicates that the max radius for each is LARGER than the min radius for the next highest type of settlement.

And, Puppet's post is spot-on

Quote Originally Posted by baka77 View Post
    Homesteaders: Start with max 50m actual radius. Upon reaching 5 members, totem will need to be removed & replaced as Band totem in order to increase land radius & max member size.

Band: Start with 100m actual radius, with built-in max radius of 150m. Upon reaching 10 members, land is automatically increased to max 150m actual radius. Upon reaching 15 members, totem will need to be removed & replaced as clan totem in order to increase max land radius & max member size.

Clan: Start with 150m actual radius, with built in max radius of 200m. Upon reaching 20 members, land will automatically increase to 200m actual radius. Upon reaching 25 members, totem will need to be removed & replaced as Tribe totem in order to increase max member size. Land size will already be at max.

Tribe: Start with max 200m actual radius. Upon reaching 80 members, tribe will need to start separate new sub-tribe in a new location. I speculate the developers determined that 80 people is the max amount they feel the tribe-sized parcel can support. There is a potential in the future of a 5th tier & beyond as expansion zones & more land are introduced (guilds? towns? cities? etc...).

I do not think there is a limit on membership for any of the 4 types. You do not have to remove and replant a totem if you want to add more than 25 members to a "Clan" for example. The caps are only for territory radiuses on the 4 types. Least that's how I read it?

Now if you wanted a larger territory radius and you planted as a "Clan", then yeah, you would need to remove and replant. But to grow past 25 members you do not need to do replant your totem. That's only for larger territory radius. Is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Puppet View Post
    You need to add 2 more groups please...

200+ Zerg
    500+ CN

That is all...

rofl....

It'll be okay. Breeeaaathe

Yeah, this is confusing as fuck. We don't have enough information to piece this puzzle together. We're missing some numbers, intentional or not. LOL

So, each tier can grow beyond the size of the next tier. That beyond is a tricky word. How far beyond? To infinity & beyond??? He clearly states there is a maximum growth size, but that fucking beyond leaves everyone clueless as to what that maximum is...unless we're to assume that the starting tribe size is the maximum & both bands/clans get allotted this size, but have to unlock it with increasing membership? That can't be the case though, since he says tribe areas will increase with membership, so they too must have a hidden "max" radius. Perhaps this is the max for everyone?

Clans grow in size up to 25 members...but once they reach 20 are they not now a tribe?!?! Why does the tribe start at 20 & yet the clan threshold is 25??? Same with bands & clans. Why do we drop down a tier if we lose members, but there is no mention of moving up a tier if we reach the that tier's starting threshold???

Are we to then assume that the max size of a clan radius is actually 25% larger than the starting tribe radius (25 clan members is 25% larger than the 20 member tribe threshold)? This might actually make sense since that would imply a size "beyond" the next tier's starting size, but also maintains the assertion that clans would not automatically become tribes upon reaching 20 members. Hmmm, this may actually be what he's saying.