View Poll Results: I want a seperate server with no safe zones.

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 38.10%
  • Yes please

13 61.90%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JCatano View Post
    We simply asked for safe zones to be removed during Prelude, since they were going to be removed, anyway. The discussion then evolved to safety in general and *bam*... Virtus throws a curveball that stated the complete opposite of what we were always told with regard to post Prelude. You trying to make more out of the ordeal than what was really asked is drama queen overload.

Again, stop equating PvP to "gank" and "grief". With that logic, you're going to get "ganked" and "griefed" a lot even with your safe tribe zone.

So, yep... You're absolutely correct in agreeing with me about not seeing a quote about a safety switch.

I'm under the impression that your side ranted enough to make Jordi change his mind, and that's why nothing was said differently until today.
    /this

We simply asked for safe zones to be removed during Prelude, since they were going to be removed, anyway. The discussion then evolved to safety in general and *bam*... Virtus throws a curveball that stated the complete opposite of what we were always told with regard to post Prelude. You trying to make more out of the ordeal than what was really asked is drama queen overload.

Again, stop equating PvP to "gank" and "grief". With that logic, you're going to get "ganked" and "griefed" a lot even with your safe tribe zone.

So, yep... You're absolutely correct in agreeing with me about not seeing a quote about a safety switch.

I'm under the impression that your side ranted enough to make Jordi change his mind, and that's why nothing was said differently until today.
    Both sides ranted on this and he took action because of that. THe issue here has always been a simple one, the PvP side did not want the non-PvP side to have a choice. They were given a choice during prelude, and the PvP side didnt like that, so they continued to complain about it (check the forums, if you miss this your blind). Consistantly the PvP people pushed and pushed and pushed about not wanting to give the PvE people a choice on PvP. Now, they have a choice AFTER prelude.

I'm just gonna sit back and see if you learned anythign yet, or if your going to continue to push even more on this topic. Maybe you will force NG into further action.

Really, this has nothing to do with greif vs gank vs standard PvP. This has always been about choice. PvE players want the choice to NOT have to be forced into PvP, the PvP people dont want them to have that choice. You can paint it up all you want, but it is nothing more than that right there.

And I just want to make sure you understand this too, I'm a PvP person and believe PvP has an important role in this game. What I dont believe in is the way some of you are going about pushing for things on these forums and on global chat. I think your method is short sited and childish, and honestly, I dont see you getting what you want by continuing this method you have chosen.

Quote Originally Posted by river111 View Post
    Both sides ranted on this and he took action because of that. THe issue here has always been a simple one, the PvP side did not want the non-PvP side to have a choice. They were given a choice during prelude, and the PvP side didnt like that, so they continued to complain about it (check the forums, if you miss this your blind). Consistantly the PvP people pushed and pushed and pushed about not wanting to give the PvE people a choice on PvP. Now, they have a choice AFTER prelude.

I'm just gonna sit back and see if you learned anythign yet, or if your going to continue to push even more on this topic. Maybe you will force NG into further action.

Really, this has nothing to do with greif vs gank vs standard PvP. This has always been about choice. PvE players want the choice to NOT have to be forced into PvP, the PvP people dont want them to have that choice. You can paint it up all you want, but it is nothing more than that right there.

And I just want to make sure you understand this too, I'm a PvP person and believe PvP has an important role in this game. What I dont believe in is the way some of you are going about pushing for things on these forums and on global chat. I think your method is short sited and childish, and honestly, I dont see you getting what you want by continuing this method you have chosen.
    When you read in the FAQ and on a post written by Jordi that Xsyon has open-PvP, who is in the wrong about what to expect when buying the game? The side that expected open-PvP or the side that has routinely posted against it? You can't be forced into PvP in an open-PvP game, unless you purchase it... Buying the client is saying you're OK with it.

You might want to rethink which side is actually pushing for something that wasn't originally stated as being the mechanic.

And already the QQ starts, the game is what the game is, deal with it or come back in a few months when the safe zones are removed. Really, cant make you people happy can they.

The main discussion seems to be regarding safe zones. Some players are imagining 'safe switches' that can be turned on and off. That's not part of any plan. I am considering allowing tribes that want to war sooner than others to remove their safe zone if they so desire. A separate zone (as the mist clears) or server with no safe zones at all is also under consideration depending on the world's population. My goal is not to impose new limits as solutions but to give more choices.
    -Xsyon

If you still have complaints that tribe members are safe in their small area for the moment, the only reason I can see is that you want to be able to get easy kills by camping a tribe area being built up. That's all I can really see. This game already has full loot pvp everywhere except for one place where you plant a totem, representing that you want to build up a tribe, develop the game world, and enjoy the wide variety of crafting on offer.

What I dont believe in is the way some of you are going about pushing for things on these forums and on global chat. I think your method is short sited and childish, and honestly, I dont see you getting what you want by continuing this method you have chosen.

When you read in the FAQ and on a post written by Jordi that Xsyon has open-PvP, who is in the wrong about what to expect when buying the game? The side that expected open-PvP or the side that has routinely posted against it? You can't be forced into PvP in an open-PvP game, unless you purchase it... Buying the client is saying you're OK with it.

You might want to rethink which side is actually pushing for something that wasn't originally stated as being the mechanic.
    Look, last time I'm responding to you on this one. Here is the short and sweet answer to your comment. One comment, one statement, out of hundreds, thats what your basing your entire argument on. Game has open world PvP. Thats it, thats all your reading, thats your entire stand point. Yup, I'm happy for ya, it has open world PvP. Now, your arguing with a PvPer about PvP. See how stupid you look?

You just dont get it do ya? This game is not your game. I'm perfectly fine with everything that is in this game now, as it was months ago, and as it will be months from now. You on the other hand appearantly are not. So lets use your words shall we.... "Buying the client is saying you're OK with it." Did you buy it? Then your ok with it, so sit down and shut up. Oh, your not ok with it? Well why the hell did you buy it if you knew you were getting into a world building PvE game that only slightly focused on PvP? You knew exactly what you were getting into, afterall you have been complaining about it since day one pretty much. I've been here for near a year now too just like you, and you haven't let up once on wanting to change this game to suit YOUR desires. Have ya won yet? Just asking, no need to answer, cause I already know.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt View Post
    -Xsyon

If you still have complaints that tribe members are safe in their small area for the moment, the only reason I can see is that you want to be able to get easy kills by camping a tribe area being built up. That's all I can really see. This game already has full loot pvp everywhere except for one place where you plant a totem, representing that you want to build up a tribe, develop the game world, and enjoy the wide variety of crafting on offer.
    You are being shortsighted. There are dynamics and metagames involved with being able to PvP inside of a tribe's area. It's not necessarily about "grief", although it could be for some. Territory control would be very watered down if a safety switch was implemented. And, who would risk their property if given an option not to? Not many at all... If any at all.

Any kind of territory control can, and would, be driven by safety tribes if a switch of some type was implemented. That isn't good gameplay. What is good gameplay in an open-PvP game? A meaningful alignment system.

Quote Originally Posted by river111 View Post
    Look, last time I'm responding to you on this one. Here is the short and sweet answer to your comment. One comment, one statement, out of hundreds, thats what your basing your entire argument on. Game has open world PvP. Thats it, thats all your reading, thats your entire stand point. Yup, I'm happy for ya, it has open world PvP. Now, your arguing with a PvPer about PvP. See how stupid you look?

You just dont get it do ya? This game is not your game. I'm perfectly fine with everything that is in this game now, as it was months ago, and as it will be months from now. You on the other hand appearantly are not. So lets use your words shall we.... "Buying the client is saying you're OK with it." Did you buy it? Then your ok with it, so sit down and shut up. Oh, your not ok with it? Well why the hell did you buy it if you knew you were getting into a world building PvE game that only slightly focused on PvP? You knew exactly what you were getting into, afterall you have been complaining about it since day one pretty much. I've been here for near a year now too just like you, and you haven't let up once on wanting to change this game to suit YOUR desires. Have ya won yet? Just asking, no need to answer, cause I already know.
    Want to know what I bought?

11.) Will there be PvP?

Yes, the game is open PVP with consequences and a sparring / training combat mode. In the early Prelude towns will be safe zones.

---

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...-and-Decisions

---

Yes, the game has world building tools. It doesn't mean it's only a world bulding game. Maybe, you thought you bought a game with only that.

I don't care if you're a PvP'er, jessie.

Thank you for proving me right yet again.

You are being shortsighted. There are dynamics and metagames involved with being able to PvP inside of a tribe's area. It's not necessarily about "grief", although it could be for some. Territory control would be very watered down if a safety switch was implemented. And, who would risk their property if given an option not to? Not many at all... If any at all.

Any kind of territory control can, and would, be driven by safety tribes if a switch of some type was implemented. That isn't good gameplay. What is good gameplay in an open-PvP game? A meaningful alignment system.
    wow dude, you didn't read what I quoted did you? Xsyon explicitly stated that tribe switches/toggles were never planned. If you read what he said, It is actually long-sighted for tribes near the lake to have protection, as a baseline, pretty much the aim of prelude. You could compare that to High sec space in eve. In my view it seems that expansions outward will be more dangerous and (probably) more valuable, which is attractive to both pvp'rs and 'carebears'.

I also completely agree, the alignment system should be meaningful. And from what I know it is planned to be. Stand back and look at xsyon, and appreciate the logic