Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hiding

I'am hoping for a well made character system were a specialized crafter can't be a good fighter and the other way around. Also crafters and fighters shouldn't be able to find the best items ( maxxed scavanging) . I want player rolls were everyone can play what he likes most.

Hiding falls under combat for me and should restrict you from crafting and gathering once it is high

I don't know, I didn't get any crafting skills and I feel pretty "craft gimped." I tried to scavenge, but with 5 skill and 10 perception I actually grinded the scav skill up to 15 without uncovering a single fucking item.

I'm with you though, it should be that way... or even worse. Specialization leads to diversity, which leads to importance for those specialized characters. Well, provided that what they "do" is useful. No one should be able to max everything out and be totally self-sufficient. I'm all for the solo player, but soloers who want to be jacks of all trades should be just that: Jacks(hit)

Quote Originally Posted by Surly View Post
    I don't know, I didn't get any crafting skills and I feel pretty "craft gimped." I tried to scavenge, but with 5 skill and 10 perception I actually grinded the scav skill up to 15 without uncovering a single fucking item.

I'm with you though, it should be that way... or even worse. Specialization leads to diversity, which leads to importance for those specialized characters. Well, provided that what they "do" is useful. No one should be able to max everything out and be totally self-sufficient. I'm all for the solo player, but soloers who want to be jacks of all trades should be just that: Jacks(hit)
    scavangign becomes useful at 60+

And exactly ofc it should be possible to do everything but then you have to accept it that you only have 30 skill in everything

Quote Originally Posted by Surly View Post
    I have 10 perception, and my friends with 100 hiding aren't "lol invisible" to me. They're damn hard to see for me, but if you're actually paying a lot of attention you'll see them. If you're not, well, they're visible but you won't notice them at all. I can spot their shadows, I can see them when they walk in front of something that reflects light (because the light distorts around their opaque models), and I can see when their model occludes and "object" like tents, walls, etcetera. I can also see them when I'm looking right at them in the open, but just baaarely.
    Sweet, very good to hear.

You may of converted me.

I have 70 perception and people with 100 hiding are just a little bit blurier then when they are not hiding. From my pesrepctive there is no point in hiding skill as I can spot any hiders from miles away.

Maybe you should not have rolled with 10 perception and then glorified a skill that in current form is crap?

Oh and people with 100 hiding skill... lol. All that effort just to be able to sneak up on people with 10 perception and only if they are not looking hard? LOL!

I doubt anyone has 100 hiding. I spend 3h perma clicking and gained 1 point from 37-38

Quote Originally Posted by Niburu View Post
    I doubt anyone has 100 hiding. I spend 3h perma clicking and gained 1 point from 37-38
    The OP already admitted to macroing. I think he said his friends all do it, too. If he's telling the truth, I'm sure he does have hiding maxed. I'm sure he and everyone else who bots should get banned, too.

Mine is at 50, from dumping every skill point I've gotten so far into it. Now it takes an entire level to increase hiding by 1, so it certainly seems broken.

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    The OP already admitted to macroing. I think he said his friends all do it, too. If he's telling the truth, I'm sure he does have hiding maxed. I'm sure he and everyone else who bots should get banned, too.

Mine is at 50, from dumping every skill point I've gotten so far into it. Now it takes an entire level to increase hiding by 1, so it certainly seems broken.
    You are clueless, botting and macroing are different things. And even with a macro i doubt he has it 100. i did it for 3h to gain one piont andi guess it will be harder at higher levels

It sounds like somebody in green basket wear would be harder to spot than somebody in a red smoking jacket. If so, that's a nice realism feature. Can anybody confirm?

Xsyon Citizen
    There's no way anyone is anywhere near 100 hiding without extensive macroing.