View Poll Results: Wipe after they fix server issues?

Voters
286. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

135 47.20%
  • No

151 52.80%
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    The funny thing is when you look at the names of the people that voted. Amongst them the players AegisGuild, AegisGuild2, AegisGuid3, AegisGuild4 and AegisGuild5. Somehow I don't believe that's five different players.

easy wipe when they upgraded to new servers

Quote Originally Posted by Larsa View Post
    The funny thing is when you look at the names of the people that voted. Amongst them the players AegisGuild, AegisGuild2, AegisGuid3, AegisGuild4 and AegisGuild5. Somehow I don't believe that's five different players.
    Definitely not. My accounts. U mad bro? I have 6 accounts, so I have 6 votes. Its how the system works. =P

Quote Originally Posted by Tehralph View Post
    Definitely not. My accounts. U mad bro? I have 6 accounts, so I have 6 votes. Its how the system works. =P
    wow you are so smart!

Quote Originally Posted by Mako_Jak View Post
    They'd have to make 100% sure that they understand everything that went wrong, so that whatever happened isn't going to happen again, otherwise there will be "another another" wipe
    You're right ^^ hope they'll be able to find the problem as soon as possible.

Well I would prefer a wipe when new servers are in. But untill then what should we do without conformation? Play not play?

BTW I don't think they can fix the issues. Database is really srewed atm

Quote Originally Posted by Lolindir View Post
    You're right ^^ hope they'll be able to find the problem as soon as possible.
    When you make an announcment that the server are opening at a specific time, and have a mad rush to place a "house", I think the problem is somewhat easy to find... The server needs to check the Tribes name against all the others created, place the totem, figure the boundries.. amongst other things... add to that, many want "their" spot, so its a constant slam of people...

I'm not sure upgrading the server would help this type of onslaught the game gets..

I saw the same thing at the introduction of Trammel, and Age of Shadows in UO..

During most launch days, people get the lag, and get frusterated and log out... Here, a lot of people will keep trying to get their spot, over and over.

Only wipe if it's the only solution.

Anyway servers seems to have been down for quite some time now?

i didnt vote because its unimportant to me if they wipe or not.
    I disconnected me through 2 Zones, trying for 2 hours to found a tribe, then get it with still 7 Members online who were killed by a black bear again and again while we were unable to fight back because of 5 to 12 minutes lagspikes, we were able to plant a totem 4 hours after launch, then we tested it, if the tribe and the totem stays when we logg off.
    It does, but 4 hours later this morning the tribe was broken, while the totem still is on its place.
    So what. wipe or not, i dont care.

if DEVs decide thats for health of the game and wipe is necessary ok for me
    its better than left bugs and exploits unrepaired - like was in DFO
    as a experienced player i know how every start look (exception was Perpetuum Online - they had great start) and im mentaly prepared - but from what i see im in minoryty
    a lot should take long walk and some should take prozac and try to avoid computer for some time
    or just grow up a bit