Page 28 of 57 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    June 5 2011

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

It's been a long almost 24 hours getting the site properly moved, but we're here now on a new dedicated server! This move should eliminate the time out and down times problems that were increasingly happening at our previous shared host location. It was a frustrating move as we experienced some problems moving our domain, but it's worth it.

Next up, we will update the test server with more combat revisions as soon as possible.

We will be making changes to our account system this week that will enable us to set up all accounts with additional free time. Once we do this, we plan to add some free time to both active and inactive accounts so that players can experience the combat revisions and other changes in progress.

The test server will also remain active to all Xsyon citizens, both active and inactive.

I will post again when we have updated the test server.

Enjoy!

June 6 2011

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

The test client and server have been updated and should be accessible now.

This patch updates dodge, parrying, animations and sounds for combat. This test build is going straight to the public and testers at the same time, and I haven't taken a personal look at it yet. I will tonight.

If you are interested in taking a look, please provide feedback on:

dodging
    parrying
    desynch issues

Just to be clear, the combat revisions are a work in progress, not a display of a finalized system. Combat changes will be patched to the main server when we are comfortable that the system is enjoyable enough for some fun PvP, and we will continue to improve the system over time. We will spend some time tonight reviewing the combat feedback so far and continue with our improvements.

June 7 2011

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

There will not be a public update on the main server this Wednesday. We need to forge ahead with combat changes and other tasks rather than test and assemble a public update.

Instead, I am spending the night reviewing all feedback and suggestions in recent threads and am making a short personal task list to add quick changes and balances this coming week. Questions from last weeks FAQ session have been answered.

We will continue to update the test client and server and announce what is in progress. All players are welcome to join us on the test server. We will enable global chat on the test server with the next update.

In addition, our first terrain expansion will happen on June 15th. The green mist north west of the current starting area will start to clear to reveal over 50 new zones.

As noted yesterday, we plan to add free time to all accounts once our combat revisions are working well enough!

June 11 2011

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

We're just plugging away on combat revisions and other improvements right now so there is not much to report.

I've just patched out a new Test exe so you should be able to connect to the test server right now through the launcher. We are currently testing more combat changes. The next step is adding a rotation to the character's spine and arm so that you can change aim while holding a swing or while the swing is in action. This may be ready by tomorrow.

We are also testing:

Skill gains for hunting actions (gathering leather and bone) and logging actions (chopping logs).
    Unblocking actions while swimming, such as opening containers and looting. This is in progress.
    Tree spawning and growth. This can't be tested well by players but we have developer commands to help test this.
    Server changes to reduce issues with desynch and lag and to soon expand to a server cluster. These are major changes and we have been stress testing the system for stability with online bots.

I am working on a new system to redistribute scavenged resources. This system will also allow for territory specific tree growth and frequency of natural resources. This will take a while, so I'm not sure when the next public update will be ready. I just wanted to keep everyone informed and notified that the test server is currently available.

Enjoy!

June 14 2011

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

This month is going by too quickly! I've answered the weekly Question and Answer session in the Developer Zone.

We have a lot going on right now that needs to be tested thoroughly before going out to the public. Our current list of things in progress includes:

Combat Revisions.
    Zones divided into smaller areas for faster loading and less memory use. (This was just completed today.)
    Server cluster, message and thread improvements. (This will be in constant development for at least another month).
    Resource redistribution including new and rare resources.
    Resource properties affecting stats on crafted items.
    New architecture parts and improvements.
    Unblocked actions while swimming. (Done)
    Checking my list of minor bug fixed and improvements that have been set aside for too long.

I know things are very quiet in game right. Please bear with us. The next patch will be made public as soon as possible. I don't have a set date for this yet as some of these changes, such as proper resource distribution are very time consuming, and others, such as the zone redivision, require more testing.

We'll keep working as hard as we can!

June 15 2011

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

Just a quick update tonight. As the zone division changes and some server improvements we are making to reduce 'desynch' issues require a lot of testing, and the resource distribution tables are being thought out carefully, I'm taking the opportunity to finalize and fix a lot of small issues that have been piling up for a while. I don't want to rush this next build, but I will keep you all informed of our progress and we will continue to make the test server available when these changes are ready for public testing.

That's all for tonight.

June 18 2011

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

The test server is available for public testing right now. I've updated the test server database to include new players.

Here are a few things we are testing:

- Combat revisions: Swing power increase while holding an attack.
    - Combat revisions: Ability to change angle up and down while holding or swinging an attack. Your final angle of attack is taken into consideration. Your character's spine rotates and we will make this more visual in the future by adjusting the character's arm
    - Combat revisions: Hit selection and damage working. We are still reviewing this system and making adjustments for weapon versus armor types and other factors that influence hits and damage (stats, rear attacks, etc.).
    - Scroll bars on crafting, construction and social lists.
    - Sorting of craft and construction recipes.
    - Trees spawn and grow. This is difficult for the public to test but we are recording data to make sure this is functioning properly.
    - Crafted object stat bonuses (in progress).
    - Looting, opening and hunting works while swimming.
    - Buildings can be dismantled. This currently only works with new construction and will be finalized so that it works with old construction as well.
    - 512 zone size. This improves loading times and reduces memory usage. The visible coordinate system still follows the old 1024 zone size.

Our resource distribution list is not uploaded to the test server and sorting and scavenging currently does not work as intended on the test server. This is in progress.

What needs to finished before we make all this public:
    -Some final tests for our zone changes and tree growth.
    -Combat revisions allowing you to cancel an attack by switching to parry in mid swing.
    -Resource distribution finalized.
    -Architecture revisions including gates.

Once these things are ready we'll patch all of these changes to the public server. Please remember what's on the test server is in progress so we are aware of small bugs and are working on them.

I look forward to your feedback on what's in progress

June 20 2011

A quick update for today since we're very focused on getting this coming major update out as soon as possible. We have a few things to wrap up before this build can go live:

1) Checking through all new architecture recipes and parts. (Working gates will be part of the update).
    2) Testing scavenged and sorted material distribution.
    3) Finishing object stat bonuses based on materials (there are new metal materials, similar to the cloth system. Materials will impart bonuses to crafted final items).
    4) Fixing reported issues with combat.

As soon as these things are done and tested, we will patch this out to the public. This will definitely be the biggest update we've done at one time, so we want to make sure we've tested things as thoroughly as possible. Many of the changes are interrelated, so this all needs to be patched as one important update. It will probably take us a few more days, but things are coming along really well!

June 22 2011

Another quick update. Things are almost ready for the next public update. We just need to finish thoroughly checking the new architecture parts. We've had to make a lot of small fixes with these parts, but we're getting there.

I plan to catch up with the weekly questions tomorrow. For now I need to focus on helping with the architecture parts and checking through new items and recipes. More coming soon!

June 23 2011

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

I've answered the latest questions for the week. We're keeping the test server unavailable to the public as we've been patching and restarting constantly these past few days. We will be working through the night, getting closer to wrapping up this patch, but we're still not quite there yet.

That's all for today... back to the code...