Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Maybe if people wouldn't go around cutting down random trees and destroying them there wouldn't be a shortage. Also, I see plenty of trees around my area so there doesn't seem to be much shortage around here. anyhow hopefully people will learn that trees are important when we end up having to wait 6 weeks to get more.

It's been stated before, it is way too easy to cut trees down. If I gave you an axe to chop a giant tree down, it would take you hours, or an entire day. You would have to stop and rest from time to time. As a logger, it is too easy to chop trees down, it just doesn't feel right. So make chopping trees down take about 10x longer, at least.

Chopping a tree down should deplete stamina about the same as fighting with an axe. It should take at least one rest break to chop down a tree. That way, it would cost something to go around chopping trees down.

If you started by the lake near a major junk pile you are going to pretty much have to travel to get trees. The place I just found has a small junk pile. . no one else around and trees are pretty dense. I think the ideas was that if you want to have a lot of nature around you have to not live near 10 other tribes etc.

Also, when I saw the trees start to disappear around 781 I went out. . cut a few down and hauled it back to my site rather than gather scrap etc. I knew in my area with all the large tribes around that it would be trees . . not scrap that would become scarce the quickest. now long term it might be scrap though.

I think we have to wait and see if they grow back and at what rate. . also if you can rotate your camera and see a tree. . go get it before someone else does. . get a few people together and haul the wood back to your camp.

Quote Originally Posted by billpaustin View Post
    It's been stated before, it is way too easy to cut trees down. If I gave you an axe to chop a giant tree down, it would take you hours, or an entire day. You would have to stop and rest from time to time. As a logger, it is too easy to chop trees down, it just doesn't feel right. So make chopping trees down take about 10x longer, at least.

Chopping a tree down should deplete stamina about the same as fighting with an axe. It should take at least one rest break to chop down a tree. That way, it would cost something to go around chopping trees down.
    The real problem is how easy it is to disentegrate items. Right click, left click, poof. I think the time to chop trees is fine, but the lack of any time to destroy things is just silly.

Longer times aren't needed, and if they're added for "realism" then so should fire and burning down trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyukini View Post
    Realism don't have to break gameplay. If you have to wait 2 weeks to be able to see a treebecause an other tribe burned all trees to ash, i'm not agree.
    This is all part of the game. Managing resources. I am sure that if you walk a few minutes you can find some trees

Quote Originally Posted by billpaustin View Post

This is an honest question.
    Have you played Wurm Online? It's like that there. Cutting a tree down, the chopping into planks, then hauling the heavy planks is an endeavor, let me tell you. I do agree it should be a bit harder/longer to do in Xsyon (As well as needing better tree spawning. Maybe they should grow from saplings and age, also like in Wurm...), but I hope it's not QUITE Wurm status.

Quote Originally Posted by Redus View Post
    This is all part of the game. Managing resources. I am sure that if you walk a few minutes you can find some trees
    Thing is though . It is virtually impossible " to manage trees " as a resource , when 1 person can come by and in 5 or 10 minutes , wipe out a forest of trees . Players need to sleep and people aren't online 24/7 .

all that needs doing in my opinion is make tree stumps indestructible UNLESS it is on Tribal land .

make people retain XX% of stamina correlating to the lvl of the logging skill and fortitude. At logging 25 you should retain 20% of stamina per tree at 50 fortitude..50 should be like 40%.

Either that or have it impossible to destroy trees without burning them. Like you need flint and a knife to burn anything...and it takes like 10 minutes to burn completely.

I was talking about this before, if you cut the down the tree in to logs, you should NOT be able to distroy a log on public property, you need to haul the log to the tribe are of yours, and distroy it there.
    Also increase timer on loggin the tree. The delete button should only be available on your tribe land.

Quote Originally Posted by joexxxz View Post
    I was talking about this before, if you cut the down the tree in to logs, you should NOT be able to distroy a log on public property, you need to haul the log to the tribe are of yours, and distroy it there.
    Also increase timer on loggin the tree. The delete button should only be available on your tribe land.
    i could live with that, i will admit that after release i spent 12 hours or soo gathering not destroying trees bringing them to my camp, cutting them into items and hiding caches all over my zone, then the 12 hour rollback happened and all my work was gone so i then just destroyed all the trees as far as i could seem, now it is very desolate.