Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Things needing addressed ASAP

This is not a flame thread. This thread's intentions are to *debate* what needs the most attention asap.

Things needing addressed asap, in chronological order:

1. Combat - Mechanics - I've seen Atari games with more impressive combat mechanics than this MMO. Hit ranges, proper hitbox registers, lag generated from combat, collision detection, etc. Looting in water (exploit). Looting of restricted baskets (exploit).

2. Combat - Balance - Weapons, Armor, Stam use, run speeds, etc. PO weapons are OP and should be lootable, different adjustments for different weapons (axes slower/more damage than daggers/fists/etc). Armor should mean something besides good lewt for a naked man. Fists shouldn't be more viable than a weapon.

3. Combat - Skillpoints - There is no real difference between having 0 or 100 in a combat skill.

4. Baskets - Nameable - Baskets should be able to be named. It is nothing more than an annoying chore with lag and other issues when you are trying to find something in a tribe's basket array. Simply naming them would save soooo much time for the player to do a simple task.

5. Stat points - Degrading - Disable stat points from degrading especially since there is no known way to increase its value. No reason to penalize the playerbase that is dealing with the "release" and lag without being able to improve it themselves.

These seem like the most amount of game-breaking problems ive seen that should be easily resolved. Combat MUST be addressed asap, since it is the absolution of everything else to do in game. It drives the economy, adds various amounts of depth to the game, and is the driving force to KEEP PLAYERS IN GAME.

Ive already seen droves of people leave the game with no intent on looking back from various tribes because of the one thing this game lacks - COMBAT. There is nothing left to do in this game (really) besides keep building sand castles. Combat drives all of it even if the hardcore carebear refuses to admit it. The majority of crafting skills are really useless without combat working properly.

This needs addressed IMMEDIATELY, else all that will be left are the hardcore sandcastle builders...and when exactly will they get bored building? Well, I doubt it will be long at all...

1) Mostly yes, all for.

2) I dunno about lootable starter weapons, but their damage is a little extreme. Again we are only comparing them to noob armor and other noob weapons.

Weapons do already have (some) adjustments, just not the starter weapons. (knives are fast, etc)

Swinging your weapon shoudl cost stam so just mashing the button isn't the most viable strategy, timing should be imo.

I'm hoping fists do less and less damage vs armor, we'll see.

3) I don't think the difference should be that drastic, it keeps macrophobics from having any ground to stand on.

4) This would be nice, but not so high on my personal priorities. Especially if there's lag involved in making it happen.

5) This is just the playerbase not understanding how it works. No reason to change IMO.

I would like to see FPS Fixes (if you live in certain zones you know) as the top priority, and maybe turning some features (like item and skill decay) on before anythign on this list, though.

+1 for a good post though!

How about #1: Resolve Lag Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Salvadore View Post
    This is not a flame thread. This thread's intentions are to *debate* what needs the most attention asap.

Things needing addressed asap, in chronological order:

1. Combat - Mechanics - I've seen Atari games with more impressive combat mechanics than this MMO. Hit ranges, proper hitbox registers, lag generated from combat, collision detection, etc. Looting in water (exploit). Looting of restricted baskets (exploit).

2. Combat - Balance - Weapons, Armor, Stam use, run speeds, etc. PO weapons are OP and should be lootable, different adjustments for different weapons (axes slower/more damage than daggers/fists/etc). Armor should mean something besides good lewt for a naked man. Fists shouldn't be more viable than a weapon.

3. Combat - Skillpoints - There is no real difference between having 0 or 100 in a combat skill.

4. Baskets - Nameable - Baskets should be able to be named. It is nothing more than an annoying chore with lag and other issues when you are trying to find something in a tribe's basket array. Simply naming them would save soooo much time for the player to do a simple task.

5. Stat points - Degrading - Disable stat points from degrading especially since there is no known way to increase its value. No reason to penalize the playerbase that is dealing with the "release" and lag without being able to improve it themselves.

These seem like the most amount of game-breaking problems ive seen that should be easily resolved. Combat MUST be addressed asap, since it is the absolution of everything else to do in game. It drives the economy, adds various amounts of depth to the game, and is the driving force to KEEP PLAYERS IN GAME.

Ive already seen droves of people leave the game with no intent on looking back from various tribes because of the one thing this game lacks - COMBAT. There is nothing left to do in this game (really) besides keep building sand castles. Combat drives all of it even if the hardcore carebear refuses to admit it. The majority of crafting skills are really useless without combat working properly.

This needs addressed IMMEDIATELY, else all that will be left are the hardcore sandcastle builders...and when exactly will they get bored building? Well, I doubt it will be long at all...

Quote Originally Posted by jumpshot View Post
    2) I dunno about lootable starter weapons, but their damage is a little extreme. Again we are only comparing them to noob armor and other noob weapons.

Weapons do already have (some) adjustments, just not the starter weapons. (knives are fast, etc)

Swinging your weapon shoudl cost stam so just mashing the button isn't the most viable strategy, timing should be imo.

I'm hoping fists do less and less damage vs armor, we'll see.
    It is flat out unfair to have a "starter weapon" that is much stronger than anything anyone starting out could get for a very long time, especially when skillpoints put into combat are negligible. To the rest of your #2, that is exactly what i was trying to get at - subtle BALANCES that are very easy to implement and will keep players from leaving.

3) I don't think the difference should be that drastic, it keeps macrophobics from having any ground to stand on.
    I think it should be at least noticeable, not necessarily drastic. An experienced fencer and a 12 year old boy who has never held a sword can both stab someone in the eye and get the same result, but the experienced fencer will obviously know how to use the weapon properly for more damage done, defense abilities, and ways to attack without exhausting himself. Same should be in game with skill level, imo.

5) This is just the playerbase not understanding how it works. No reason to change IMO.
    I was under the understanding that there are no stat point gains whatsoever in game now. I didnt put this to thorough testing, just took it for what it was - hearsay. However, IF it were true, it seemed very unfair and easy to fix rather than just making everyone lose points...especially high level points.

I would like to see FPS Fixes (if you live in certain zones you know) as the top priority, and maybe turning some features (like item and skill decay) on before anythign on this list, though.
    Agreed we could add that as 6, or maybe replace 5 if stat point games ARE possible. But why turn on item/skill decay whenever the majority of items are flat out useless and not balanced? EG weapons, armor, leather, etc. Skill decay is under the same ideology as item decay because there is no softcap atm...plus, dunno about you, but im obviously not going to dump points into something that has no use...like combat atm.

+1 for a good post though!
    Thanks!!!

There are like a billion of these type of threads lets keep it in the same thread instead of clogging up prelude

Quote Originally Posted by mightycount View Post
    How about #1: Resolve Lag Issues
    I don't really see any lag issues myself besides when I try to pvp. Yeah, the occasional spike is there, plus the game is 1000x better than last week. I see the current lag as tolerable as compared to the other things ive mentioned. I guess I dont see the point of REALLY focusing on resolving ALL lag issues if there is nothing else to do in game besides build/gather/craft. All of that is working perfectly even through all the lag issues that have been had.

None of this stuff should even be thought about til performance and lag is fixed.

Yes to alot of this, but the starter weapon complaint. They are not OP, they will be relics soon with little use in the game. They should not degrade, they should not be lootable, they will be trophies in the end to show you were a pre order player years from now. Weaponsmithing will soon pass the starter weapon quality. It is a Null point.

actually all those are not important fixs needed yet. Bugs-lag and Totem overlaping is on his agenda now atm. once these are done he can get to tinkering with combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizzlexx View Post
    There are like a billion of these type of threads lets keep it in the same thread instead of clogging up prelude
    Did you see where I posted -

If you are a mod, move it if it is bugging you. However, Ill debate that it needs to be HERE, in the prelude section, because that is where everyone looks...currently 80+ looking here rather than 3 at the Tweaks/suggestions section.

@others

What lag? Performance issues? Totem overlaying? I dont seem to have any that are game-breaking atm.

Yeah i crashed once and took me 15 minutes to log back in...so what?

*Not being an elitist, I simply havent seen any issues myself lately.

Quote Originally Posted by dackain View Post
    Yes to alot of this, but the starter weapon complaint. They are not OP, they will be relics soon with little use in the game. They should not degrade, they should not be lootable, they will be trophies in the end to show you were a pre order player years from now. Weaponsmithing will soon pass the starter weapon quality. It is a Null point.
    Again, thats kinda what I was getting at - the balancing of weapons/armor to reflect that. It is now OP, imo, because it isnt lootable, doesnt degrade, and does the same exact damage other axes do.

Thats an obvious over-powerment to a pre release player as to one that steps in today.