Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    I think people confuse "endgame" with "the end of the game".

The term "endgame" actually has nothing to do with actually ending the game.
    It refers more to your chars development, and level of success in the game.

When you start you have basically nothing, no idea of the world around you. limited stats,equipment, knowledge, etc.
    When these things start getting to a very high level for you, then what you do after that point is endgame.

The ones who said "sandbox has no endgame, we'll be building more villages and/or making constant repairs and new armor/weapons/etc"
    Guess what you just described.... endgame stuffs

Whatever aspects of the game there are to do to occupy your time once your char is maxxed (hard or softcap). That is endgame.

Oh and now a quick response to the original question:
    I don't think we'll be seeing destructible tribe stuffs for awhile. Right now the combat engine is ... uhhh... yeah. Along with the fact you cannot make a secure perimeter around your land. It wouldn't make sense to put it in now.
    Best way to implement the changes are defense first, then offense. Or 2nd best implement them both at the same time. But if they implemented all offensive parts of siege before players have the ability to fortify their homes... then you'll just have one big landmass of crater=)

Quote Originally Posted by Mims44 View Post
    I think people confuse "endgame" with "the end of the game".

The term "endgame" actually has nothing to do with actually ending the game.
    It refers more to your chars development, and level of success in the game.

When you start you have basically nothing, no idea of the world around you. limited stats,equipment, knowledge, etc.
    When these things start getting to a very high level for you, then what you do after that point is endgame.

The ones who said "sandbox has no endgame, we'll be building more villages and/or making constant repairs and new armor/weapons/etc"
    Guess what you just described.... endgame stuffs

Whatever aspects of the game there are to do to occupy your time once your char is maxxed (hard or softcap). That is endgame.
    /this

Quote Originally Posted by Salvadore View Post
    3 years? Awesome! Ive got about 11 years of MMO experience. Rock on!!!
    Holy shit 11 years!?!?! Well....I guess the discussion is over, who among us can argue with your wisdom sir.

Ok seriously. I understand that YOU want to sit and craft all day. A good portion of the population does. However, theres a huge niche market and also a portion of this population that wants pvp/asset destruction. I understand that you didnt get bored with that game (although you are here because?) but i would see it as mind numbing.
    Well in your 11 years why are you not still playing a game that caters to this "huge" niche market? The difference is, what one portion wants (pvp) is for every portion to be forced into what they want regardless. Well, you said it yourself, a good portion of this population doesn't want or care about that. I will even say the vast majority of this population doesn't share your fiery combat utopia. The man was simply stating he has played one game for 3 years that was basically a crafting social game with no pvp or "endgame"....people just existed and played in the world.

Nothing personal, but I would like to have the ABILITY to burn everything you have to the ground IF I felt the need to do so. Im sure you could understand this with all the harassment certain tribes are giving your tribe specifically? Wouldn't you just LOVE to stand up for yourselves, burn THEM to the ground, shut their mouths, and then move on? They've obviously asked for it and are pushing you to do it...
    Again we have to see the difference here. Would he or those like him just LOVE to stand up and burn THEM to the ground? You bet your ass! And then would like to be left alone. But that is not how it would end...it would be constant attacks and harassment to the point that they would no longer be playing THEIR game...but playing YOUR game..

This is why the pvp crowd are met with such disdain. You don't see crafters and socials and 'carebears' going into PVP games demanding "crafting! dancing! more emotes! houses you can put paintings and carpets into! the ability to make anyone who bothers me be ignored 100%!"

I'm actually like the idea of safe main towns. It gives us much more options for playstyles. Tribes have choice if you want to be economical empire you need to claim resources(extension lands) and fight to defend them, if you want to stay out of war you'll just stay with your main territory and find a way to trade for what you need, maybe run trading hub, if you want to fucus on PvP you can become mercenary tribe and fight for other tribes.

More diversity means more fun for me, deeper politics, deeper economy. That's sandbox for me you decide how you want to play and game gives you tools to play that way.

If none of the tribes decides to claim a land(small chance), we'll just have heavy PvP zones around rare resources.

Ok seriously. I understand that YOU want to sit and craft all day. A good portion of the population does. However, theres a huge niche market and also a portion of this population that wants pvp/asset destruction. I understand that you didnt get bored with that game (although you are here because?) but i would see it as mind numbing.

Nothing personal, but I would like to have the ABILITY to burn everything you have to the ground IF I felt the need to do so. Im sure you could understand this with all the harassment certain tribes are giving your tribe specifically? Wouldn't you just LOVE to stand up for yourselves, burn THEM to the ground, shut their mouths, and then move on? They've obviously asked for it and are pushing you to do it...

Why are you making this thread about PvP full destruction ? why do you use the -I- word constantly.

Dear Player Salvadore, there will be APEX Game play in this game, There will be APEX warfare for you and there will be APEX Non-warfare for Jadzia (just pulling a players name) .

Rock on whit your 11 years mmo exp, I bin playing MUDS before mmo's even existed!
    Anyway, A sandbox you make your own content, if you get bored, its your fault , not the games, -you- make the content, -you- are the content. Sure the more options we have the better. -pre-CU-SWG was a sandbox, and loads and laod of players played it for years -+5 whiteout going ever into the whole PvP warfare scene. EvE has loads of players who never fire a single gun but enjoy them self whit craft or market. Others Like Limeted PvP based on reasons , some like Mindless PvP just for the sake of it. ( I consider fps games rather mindless, yet I play them everyday, I also play the sims and Fluffy games )

The thread discussion was about APEX game play not about PvP alone.
    I like everyone else have a view on how the game will be in "some time(tm)" In my view it will be as much as a trade game as a PvP game. we will have fully conquer able Territory's . I even have a Idea based on data how it would work if im right.
    You will have your APEX PvP game play and crafter will have their Crafting APEX game. and Hunters will Hunt the game APEX mutated monsters. and others will try to meddle in APEX tribal politics, and yet others will not give a damn about it all meddle a litttle in everyting and role play their APEX character story.

As for my view on PvP APEX game play. one day we have way more resources. in the craft datafile there are Totem parts. lots of them.. based on forum sources and combined whit the data files I came to the assumption that one day we be able to craft totems, claim more land (mines and stuff) and those will be fully conquest able (destroy enemy totem/take it over. that you core land (current tribe land) will be save from destruction but open to PvP at any time will only make sure people can contineu the APEX Epic battles around the world of Xsyon.

Uch..think im done now..

PS: never mean any insults if one feels that way, sorry in adv.

We're talking end game before we've even launched. Personally I'm hoping the game changes so much over the next year that we'll look back at this discussion in disbelief. So far as I know animal taming, cooking, farming, religion, healing, magic, bows and arrows, mining, etc are all planned to go in during Prelude. Let's say only 4 of those make it in - all of them are game changers in their own way. Not to mention the combat upgrade. Heck we've even asked for carts before horses are in game

Nothing personal, but I would like to have the ABILITY to burn everything you have to the ground IF I felt the need to do so. Im sure you could understand this with all the harrassment certain tribes are giving your tribe specifically? Wouldn't you just LOVE to stand up for yourselves, burn THEM to the ground, shut their mouths, and then move on? They've obviously asked for it and are pushing you to do it...
    No I don't feel the urge to burn them to the ground. This would only mean that I let them to force me to play the game in their way, not in mine.

I do understand that you would find the game extremely boring without the ability to conquer other tribes and territories. A lot of players are PvP oriented and they hate to craft or build for long. The current setup of the game doesn't allow that mechanic, and I understand your frustration (don't know why you bought the game though when it was clearly stated that it has no territory control and won't have for like 6-9 months).

Thats why I hope that we get 2 different PvP servers very soon. I'm sure a lot of PvP players would quit after some weeks or months if they don't get their war game. That would harm the game and the developers too. Its much better to give it them asap, and everyone is happy then.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    Thats why I hope that we get 2 different PvP servers very soon. I'm sure a lot of PvP players would quit after some weeks or months if they don't get their war game. That would harm the game and the developers too. Its much better to give it them asap, and everyone is happy then.
    The only harm I can see in that, is that it may not solve the "hardcore gankers" issue..

As those looking for pure equal, honorable, mass tribal warfare and PvP will goto the PvP server. but the ones looking for easy kills will stay on the PvE server. KNOWING that on the other server, the people are ready and willing to fight back, and not easy to kill. and KNOWING the PvE server now has less PvP types, and more crafters..they will see it as a mass buffet of easy ganks and kills.

but I guess a good side effect of that, is it will be easier to tell the actual PvP crowd from the easy e-peen needing gankers. the ones actually wanting PvP will be on the true PvP server, and the gankers on the PvE server can no longer hide behind the "its PvP, you knew that" as a excuse to kill people at spawns and such.

as I have to utmost respect for those that want a true and fair PvP fight for the challenge and respect it earns them, and hate accidentally lumping one of them into the "I enjoy the game by ruining it for you" types, as so many PK'ers try to blur the line and give them a bad name by using a legitimate reason, as a cop-out.

I think most people don't want to lose everything or even have that possible. That was a problem with Shadowbane, people who lost everything either left or joined the zerg and the "end game" was the Borg zerg gobbling up everyone else. Not really all that fun.

I'd like to see some kind of system where the victors recieved some kind of rewards for winning the Tribe battles. This could be in the form of looted goods and wares, skill/gain bonus, something that creates interest in raiding but not to the point where everyone quits or joins the zerg.

Perhaps for the main starting tribal areas they can't be taken, but looted of their goods for a siege victory, but tribal expansions can be fully taken. I can foresee alot of people getting bored of crafting for 6-9 months. Not to mention Jordi's dev team is pretty small so they won't be having new content out very fast. This is what is worrying alot of players.