Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I never really felt... "submerged" into the world of Xsyon, no emotional involvement whatsoever.
    Never really given a reason to want to log on every day
    Stamina regen was a big issue as well... If I wanted to stand idle for several minutes waiting on my char to be able to do anything, i'd be playing the Sims.
    I felt the buildings overall were a big joke, no real customization, as with most everything else.

I could go on, but in ending, a lot was promised during beta, here we are months and months down the road, and i'm just not seein it.

To bring me back, I feel having some eye candy, ruins ( buildings, vehicles, random AI people who are willing to barter etc etc ) would have kept me here a bit longer, and would provoke me to log in, just to see what's up.
    When playing Xsyon, I never felt like I was in a post apocalyptic world, theres no rhyme or reason to anything about it, I can scavenge tool parts that managed to survive, but there are no ruins, reguardless of back-story, or what area this is supposed to be in... This I feel, is very lame. People want to explore and discover new things, but as it stands, you can stick to one small area, literally within a few steps, and discover everything, that to me, isn't rewarding. Tree, garbage pile, dirt, water, sand... *yawn*

I'll continue to check up on updates and such of course. In hopes that this game will one day turn into something I would consider spending my time on.

What was promised. Remove PvE totems. Expand the world. Territorial wars. Better combat. Remove protected bins. Make land that was terraformed off totem land gradually revert back to original levels. Ways to carry/store water. Archery.

Too many carebears tried to go it alone or with just 2-3 people total and wanted to do everything and wanted to be protected. The devs listened to them. Big mistake.

Your tribe was supposed to be your protection, not game code. This game turned to crap so fast. Honestly, I doubt anything would bring me back at this point, but sometimes there is hope and I browse the forums.

It seems like they have lost a lot of devs and won't tell anyone about it and only a few people work on this thing anymore.

Too bad. Game had potential. Don't see it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellaciouss View Post
    What was promised. Remove PvE totems. Expand the world. Territorial wars. Better combat. Remove protected bins. Make land that was terraformed off totem land gradually revert back to original levels. Ways to carry/store water. Archery.

Too many carebears tried to go it alone or with just 2-3 people total and wanted to do everything and wanted to be protected. The devs listened to them. Big mistake.

Your tribe was supposed to be your protection, not game code. This game turned to crap so fast. Honestly, I doubt anything would bring me back at this point, but sometimes there is hope and I browse the forums.

It seems like they have lost a lot of devs and won't tell anyone about it and only a few people work on this thing anymore.

Too bad. Game had potential. Don't see it anymore.
    ^^^^ pretty much this for me. I still lurk in the forums from time to time, but the enormous safe zones, and whining by carebears killed it for me. Nothing worth working towards. I still wish Jooki started a PVP server. :/ Really there could be the, "lol, i want to build crap server (creative)" and the "lol, I want a real game with meaning server (survival)" . That would bring me back. It's probably too expensive now to start a new server though.

Glad to see some old timers still checking in, and clearly we can see it wasnt just me that wanted these things.
    I love PVP, as everyone knows I do. But I want more than just PVP I want a world with good PVE that has rewards worth holding on to and fighting for. Places that people can claim and hold as their own. Not just a place that costs nothing, and will be left to sit with no upkeep nor fear of anyone taking from them.

This world we have now is very boring and just nothing to draw people in to keep playing. Where is the survival? Weather effects that were promised? Mutant animals? Zombies? FFA PVP? Expansion totems? Full looting?
    Where are the rare items to want to have and fight for? Where are the resources that are something people will trade for.
    Resources in this game are a joke, they are everywhere and millions units. They will never run out of the most valued items. Its very sad. Skill decay?

These are the things I'm wanting to get me to play full time again. Right now it pains me to log in.

No conflict of anykind besides people yelling at eachother.
    No real reason to trade or transport goods to another area.
    No survival aspect at all.
    Everyone is jack of all trades.

I never felt the world of xsyon like I do in other games. The world doesnt feel alive even with all the stuff they put in it to make it feel that way.
    It feels like the devs forgot to put on the cover and you can see the inside, and all thats inside is some tiny people that occasionally throw stuff out into the world.

Unless this game turned into an updated UO or better looking Wurm, i dont think ill be coming back. I just watch to forums to see if its getting better.

1) will return only with archery and hunting is fun.

2) I am also waiting for zombies and other content pve/pvp, domesticate animals and religion but with archery and hunting fixed could live a good season.

(Sorry for mi bad english)

stuff

I enjoyed the game the way it is... and it has the potential to be so much more.

But after months of playing, a very small community, and only partial working content, I find it hard to stay logged in much lately, other games have more of my attention.

To come back players would need to be provided with more content, to create more content, which would make the game have more purpose. As others have said, more immersion through more survival mechanics would be another draw to return. A larger, more diverse community may provide some of this as well.

What made you stop playing in the first place?

A string of personal problems mainly. There is nothing really wrong with this game in my opinion. It is developing quite nicely.

What would bring you back?

More free time. I have to work too much to survive and help my family and friends. Maybe fixing the world economy?

Think again. It's not going to be fixed.

But if you work hard now and buy gold and silver now you will be fine. Especially silver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj2s6vzErqY

I agree with you though about why I haven't playing much either. Real life taking over atm.

Left due to lack of reason to do anything.

Dubanka has stated many times, very clearly, the reasons why i left. You can make armor - why - to be better at pvp - why - to kill more people - why - to loot them and get the same gear i can craft because i can craft everything, just like them, and there are limitless resources everywhere, and nothing means anything.

I would potentially come back if they stopped catering to the carebears, fixed these endless safezones, put in some reason behind some of this (it doesnt even have to have a lot of reason), put in some skill caps so we aren't all the best crafters and fighters, and put in archery.