Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Character Size

Quote Originally Posted by bruisie159 View Post
    it must be true, taller means stronger! - Mike Tyson 5'10 David Schwimmer 6'1. Obviously "ross" is harder than iron mike.
    lol. The thought of that cracked me up. Well done.

Reach/swing range is really the only advantage that makes sense for taller characters. Height does not directly correlate with strength/speed/agility in humans so long as you keep age a constant.

And yes I'm "short" IRL. The only thing I worry about with tall people is their reach. The best way around that is to have a tough chin and a great uppercut, or act like the aforementioned crack rabbit.

WHAAA I have to aim! Nerf the short people so they can't kill me! Don't worry about the fact they could NEVER score a headshot. In real life short people tend to be MORE agile than larger people. So nerfing their run speed is ridiculous as well. It's just another Win Button thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    Shut up and open this jar for me.
    Ah didnt mean to hurt your feelings... it's ok it's just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontaze_Mebro View Post
    WHAAA I have to aim! Nerf the short people so they can't kill me! Don't worry about the fact they could NEVER score a headshot. In real life short people tend to be MORE agile than larger people. So nerfing their run speed is ridiculous as well. It's just another Win Button thread.
    Thats cool and all if headshots in the game actually proved some advantage like more damage specially when not wearing a head guard... you dont seem to understand a head is smaller then the chest... atleast for most people...

The current system at hand you can't even call pvp aiming does nothing since the glitchness of animations cause it to not hit where you aimed or simply just go through the person.

Animation wise Darkfall did a good job, that actually requires aiming and skill to use something not just press c and run in circle hoping to hit something through the glitches.

But thats off topic if you want to troll it up in another thread be my guest.

P.S.
    I'm talking about adding reasons for us to use skill in a balanced environment not just roll shortest possible, run circles while pressing "I win button" which is right click...

So then we all agree making changes to a non existent combat system seems pretty silly... Let's just wait awhile and see what's what before you start crying for more nerfs. Be careful what you wish for. Land might end up full of 8ft tall fatties that One shot you.

So then we all agree making changes to a non existent combat system seems pretty silly... Let's just wait awhile and see what's what before you start crying for more nerfs. Be careful what you wish for. Land might end up full of 8ft tall fatties that One shot you.
    for some reason I find this funny.

I agree changes and balances need to be made that's all I'm saying.

LOL, so it comes around again.....you'll not get any satisfaction from this group....they dont understand the concept of exceptions to the rule....everyone playing this game is RL mini-Bruce Lees that kicks ass and takes names....so big guys are just putty in their awesome kungfu fists.

Headshot?!? Wrong game, Counter Strike is thadaway>>>>

You rolled short so you can dominate ey? And now you need to be vocal to protect your position? Tough luck. In real life short people have short legs and can not compete in the olympics. In fact tall people are best sprinters and short people tend to not compete at all in sprinting. So leave your counter strike real life argumenst out of this discussion and go running around naked while ganking people who gather grass. That is until combat system overhaul which must come. Then whine how you got nerfed badly and leave the game.

8ft tall fatties? How is that different to 3ft tall naked midget with an axe 3 times the size of his body? I sense a short char here.

A number of things.

There is currently NO difference, INCLUDING hit boxes, between heights. Tested, and confirmed by the J-ster.

Far more things than height contribute to speed/stamina/fortitude/strength. Taking the speed thing being debated at the moment, stride distance is actually FAR more dependent on strength than leg length, so roll on another advange for the 90/90/90 crews.

Since we've already played the sex card, how's about the colour card? I'm not gonna be the person to spell that out, but seriously, move on. You're whining about a perceived difference that doesn't exist, in a combat system that does not need balancing, but removing.

Given the fluff about every character being a 'hero' (tougher and better than a regular person) when rolled, but possessing no skills, the idea of gimping all short people and pimping all tall people is just unrealistic. There are ridiculously tough short people (see: Martial Arts movies) and there are ridiculously nerdy tall people (see: Big Bang Theory); this stuff should be determined primarily by stats, NOT cosmetic choices.

Finally, you have to realise this whole discussion comes from everyones inherent concern of not being the weakest fish in the pond by a mechanic introduced AFTER character creation. Shorties are scared they'll be gimped because of public opinion, and tallies are concerned that they won't. In the same way, shorties are scared 'tall' will be 'all' when it comes to functioning in combat or even in reality (talk of carrying capacity etc) and tallies are scared they'll forever be under siege by dwarf armies. What the devs SHOULD do here is either refuse to implement SERIOUS implications for being either height, or allow us height alterations whenever the new combat system comes in.

I rolled short because I wanted to be different and assumed in a world of 'heroes' that everyone would be 6' 6'' and aryan. I quite like the underdog persona, scrapping, sneaking and running; I'm not one for the big brutish armoured character. This was PURELY a looks based decision however, as all the research I did before rolling said there is -no- difference. If and when any change is made, it's simply unacceptable to say 'Oh, sorry that you put 150 points into axes, did you not hear that short people can't use axes? What's that? Dwarves? Dwarves were never real. STFU.'