290. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

52 17.93%
  • No!

225 77.59%
  • Undecided!

13 4.48%
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    I said Witch hunt, not a ban, there are other effective ways of dealing with a macro'er. One is possily destroying the stats hes macro'd. But once a again, refer to the donkey.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Belight View Post
    Sorry, but you are wrong. [rest deleted]
    Recommend you not try having an intelligent conversation with Zenmaster.

Either he doesn't listen, or he can't follow a discussion or seriously entertain a point he disagrees with. The fact that he smugly demanded you describe a hypothetical solution to the problem under discussion without using "conjecture" should say it all. He's also one of those people who thinks programming is incredibly hard and thus that any ability in that department is an infallible sign not just of intelligence, but of intellectual superiority over those around him.

If macroers aren't all going to be warned then banned, then I think a very public and entertaining punishment involving stat loss and name publication should be implemented. That way we'll all know who the macroers are and what happens to them when they're caught. I volunteer to dig the bear pit!

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    If macroers aren't all going to be warned then banned, then I think a very public and entertaining punishment involving stat loss and name publication should be implemented. That way we'll all know who the macroers are and what happens to them when they're caught. I volunteer to dig the bear pit!
    Marry me!

And yes I believe those that Cheat/Hack/Macro Should be named and shamed. Stat Loss is the way forward vs macro'ers.

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    I feel in game punishment is the best form of punishment for macroing aside from a disconnect. Stat roll backs, debuffs, and so on.

Public punishment could certainly open up a lot of possibilities for creativity and fun... But you'd have to be careful not to break game immersion.

The game play should be made less macro-able. Period.

Trying to guess who is macroing by the way they are playing the game won't work since the nature of the game play is that it appears identical to using a macro.. Giving players the ability to "police" such activity would be misused and abused. Trying to detect it programmatically will fail, and will require a lot of resources the devs could put elsewhere. Repetitive button mashing game play is the problem, not the players.

When you build a game where the entire system is based around how many times someone presses a static key (or static combo of keys), you are going to get macroing. I'm sure a good portion of the people who are complaining about it here have already done some themselves.

This has been around forever. Programmable game controllers for consoles do the same thing as the G15 does. There are also programs out there that will allow one person to control multiple keyboards simultaneously. Welcome to the world of computers.

Make the game more interesting, interactive and variable and the macroing will slow down to a crawl all by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by mindtrigger View Post
    The game play should be made less macro-able. Period.

Trying to guess who is macroing by the way they are playing the game won't work since the nature of the game play is that it appears identical to using a macro.. Giving players the ability to "police" such activity would be misused and abused. Trying to detect it programmatically will fail, and will require a lot of resources the devs could put elsewhere. Repetitive button mashing game play is the problem, not the players.

When you build a game where the entire system is based around how many times someone presses a static key (or static combo of keys), you are going to get macroing. I'm sure a good portion of the people who are complaining about it here have already done some themselves.

This has been around forever. Programmable game controllers for consoles do the same thing as the G15 does. There are also programs out there that will allow one person to control multiple keyboards simultaneously. Welcome to the world of computers.

Make the game more interesting, interactive and variable and the macroing will slow down to a crawl all by itself.

Oddly enough my g15 keyboard won't repeat in xsyon, single keystrokes work but timed intervals will not. Maybe they found a way to stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by NexAnima View Post
    Oddly enough my g15 keyboard won't repeat in xsyon, single keystrokes work but timed intervals will not. Maybe they found a way to stop it.
    No, works perfect.

Xsyon does a really good job since many actions require you to grab a random spot in your bin and move the mouse alot. Some actions are easy macro-able like fishing,scavanging(it's harder now since you find alot of heavy items),foraging.

Macroing should be ofc forbbiden and punished but instead like most people here in this thread who simply say ban the people and thats it there is more to this porblem. If you can macro something easy it is a boring repetetiv task and the developers should make it more interesting and less easy to macro.

For example collecting grass/metal whatever. you can ALWAYS carry 4 and it is nothing more then a left mouse click. So why not just make it auto gathering so every player has equal chance ? The non repetetiv part is to move your character around and storage the 4 ressources somewhere......

Nice necro Niburu.

Didn't you notice the date on which the previous post was? You think that guy has been waiting a year for a reply?

Quote Originally Posted by Gustaph View Post
    Nice necro Niburu.

Didn't you notice the date on which the previous post was? You think that guy has been waiting a year for a reply?
    Must be a system error then because it was shown to me as someone made a new post :-(