Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Xsyon Citizen
    You know well we are not talking about limestone nor granit, there will be more important resources which are going to be most important then anything else, so that will make one tribe controling it and set imposible prices, like some people do it right now.
    If it is random? then that forces to look for and then trade, no one should ever be able to farm resources in cirtain spots, in order to make trade happen.
    What will makes Xsyon a themepark game?
    locolized resources, limiting skills, this is what themepark games do, in themepark games you know where to go to farm for things you need, or they would have professions/classes, people should be free to choose to master all skills in a sandbox games, no limits to what they can do, some people would take time and master all skills while others would just pick some to master, like combat, not everyone will master everything, if you are reasonable at trading? you will alwas have people trading with you, because there would be more sence to trade, without spending to much time to level-up skills, if you are not reasonable? then you force people to level their skill, because that would be more easy to do than spending tons of time paying for an item they need.
    Trading is all about how reasonable you are, not by leveling all skills.

How solo players are limited in progression?
    By limiting skills they can master, when I master my two skills then what should I do? one thing is left is to quit playing nothing would be left to do anymore.
    Last edited by znaiika; 12-17-2012 at 06:52 PM.

Why do you keep saying 2 skills, when I already told you its 4 per pool which is over 16 skills.
    No one is limiting skills you can master, only how many you can master. Its a slight difference, but its important.

You are right I'm not talking about ONLY granite or limestone, I'm talking about all or even most resources.
    Why would you think that tribes can control these resources? Just like now tribes can control a small amount of a resource (I have my tribe on a large junk pile but there is 1000s of junk piles in the world). So these tribes wouldnt be able to strong arm people into buying their resources, thus not able to set impossible prices, if you dont like a price. Simply go to the area (not 1 tribe area worth) and farm it, Im talking about spreading this over like 3 or even 10 zones, not like 1 little spot on the map. Which is why I said "north" which is 1/2 of the map, and "south" which is the other 1/2 of the map.

Localized resources is surely not theme park. Its actually something that deals with more of a sandbox game, but could apply to either.
    There are no professions or classes in Xsyon, you can skill anything and mix and match any skills you want. UO which is a major sandbox game, you couldn't master every skill, which I think is a good thing. Granted you did have 5 chars per account.

I believe I am reasonable in trading, have you tried trading in Xsyon? Ive not seen you post anything for trade. Ive traded likely more than any other player in Xsyon.

Having people work for an item or trade, doesnt mean they wont level up a skill, what it does is promotes people to do what they like and trade for things they dont.

Like say you like hunting, and I like making armor. Well you trade me leather and bones from your hunting, and I give you high QL armor. Win win.
    You do what you like (Hunting) and I do what I like (armor crafting).

Then you mix this even more with, hunters need weapons and food, and other things to hunt, while armor crafters need other things like scaven items, tools and wood resources.
    You start to mix in other professions and people all do what they like.

Xsyon Citizen
    We are not talking about junk piles, in time there wouldn't be any items which could be created to be found on junk piles, you would only find scrap metals on junk piles, but more valuable metals are going to be in diferent spots, that those spots are going to be controlled and farmed, those should be random.

If I am a hunter and I come to you to trade? what would be the price of an armor and a weapon knowing that an armor and a weapon has a decay, would that trade be worth trading? or that would lead to master armor and weapon skills on my own?
    If you say win win, that would depends on the situation and may not worth trading.
    When I am trading, I am always looking to have some kind of an income on top of my things that I trade for, plus for my time spent.

Sandbox is where you have full freedom to do what you want with one character, if you have to make another character? then it is not a sandbox anymore it is themepark.
    Last edited by znaiika; 12-17-2012 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    We are not talking about junk piles, in time there wouldn't be any items which could be created to be found on junk piles, you would only find scrap metals on junk piles, but more valuable metals are going to be in diferent spots, that those spots are going to be controlled and farmed, those should be random.

If I am a hunter and I come to you to trade? what would be the price of an armor and a weapon knowing that an armor and a weapon has a decay, would that trade be worth trading? or that would lead to master armor and weapon skills on my own?
    If you say win win, that would depends on the situation and may not worth trading.
    When I am trading, I am always looking to have some kind of an income on top of my things that I trade for, plus for my time spent.

Sandbox is where you have full freedom to do what you want with one character, if you have to make another character? then it is not a sandbox anymore it is themepark.

I'm talking junk piles, rocks, trees, fish, grass, scav recipes, scav items, animals, etc.
    The rare stuff you are talking about isnt even in game, and if it were I would expect it to be like Chalk. Rare, sorta random, and limited areas, but not areas that are easy to control.

The price is barter system, so you would have to tell me what you are trading, the QL etc, and what type of armor you would want.
    I think when people are trading they are both looking to get their worth out of it and maybe even ahead. However, you need to find the right seller and buyer.

Sandbox, is what you say, but I cant think of any sandbox that doesnt limit you in some way. Can you name one where you can do anything you want? Not even Wurm Online allows this.
    Themepark has a lot more to do with being pushed into roles, or following a story/quest line to do things in game. Sandbox to me is the tools and freedom to make your own story.

Xsyon Citizen
    That is why Xsyon should change from "The ultimate sandbox MMORPG" to themepark/hybrid, or stick-up to it's name, and let players shape the world and have full freedom to do it.
    Those other games are not sandbox, more like hybrids.
    Last edited by znaiika; 12-18-2012 at 04:10 AM.