View Poll Results: Wipe after they fix server issues?

Voters
286. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

135 47.20%
  • No

151 52.80%
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    Seriously?

Tribe names are changing left and right, people are getting booted and logging back in to see they are in a different tribe, etc etc.....

Do you honestly expect the database to be salvageable at this point? I just don't see how you dont see that there will be the need for a wipe, not even mentioning the fact that many people aren't even able to play which makes it unfair...
    For the love of god stop talking. Go look up database design please for the love of god. The possibility of a wipe is beyond low right now as tribes are working just fine right now. All that needs to be done is delete the problem tribes and the orphaned totems. And guess what? Game is fixed.

Sure it'll be unfair cause you broke and lost your land but... Sorry its fair. We stuck it out... You gave up... Deal with it.

Xsyon Citizen
    No wipe needed.

With the stability over the last hour or so I'm starting to think they might not need one. This poll was put up hours ago because of how the server was acting. Just sayin =)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    With the stability over the last hour or so I'm starting to think they might not need one. This poll was put up hours ago because of how the server was acting. Just sayin =)
    people felt like they lost out in the land grab. It took us 3 hours to put the darn thing down, now we wait for more info to see if we should wait on playing or just go at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Silgrimm View Post
    voted yes, because it was unpossible for me, to do anything about a few hours, I spent the same money like all other people and want to have the same chance to start.
    So an other player ("solo") put a "Tribetotem" on the place, where I have tried to place a tote, for our tribe for hours.

I'll be honest with ya, I dont care either way anymore. I'm losing items, clothes, tools on crashes - that I care more about than a land grab. And lets be honest on the land grab too - some of us stuck it out for 5, 6, 8, 10 hours to get our plots. If you wanted yours and you didnt stick it out like we did, well you got no room to complain when you see our totem where you want to plant. And no I dont give a damn if you have 30 people in your tribe, if not one of you had the balls to tough it out for the good of your team to get it placed then none of you deserve the spot. If a solo person did, they have every right to that claim, cause they put in the effort and time to get it.

So please, stop with the self righteous bull already. Wipe is all up to the devs, let them decide if it needs it to fix the problems they have. really think its about time some people just sat down and shut up and let tem do thier job already.

I don't know if it's possible for them to solve the problems without a wipe, however if the wipe is needed i think they should do it immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolindir View Post
    I don't know if it's possible for them to solve the problems without a wipe, however if the wipe is needed i think they should do it immediately.
    They'd have to make 100% sure that they understand everything that went wrong, so that whatever happened isn't going to happen again, otherwise there will be "another another" wipe

Quote Originally Posted by Imhotep View Post
    wipe is needed asap
    So we would have the same problems all over again?

A wipe would just lead the the same situation and it starts again. And then?