Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Macroers

You get points from combat skill usage. But you need to combat, right?

I have seen many macroes around where I am (823), most are runners against hills and walls, some fish into eternity and I have seen some single spot terraformers (lower, raise, lower, raise, lower, raise ...). I agree with people here who claim that current skill system is macro inviting but I still can blame those who macro for misusing it. I also know of few guys with extremly high combat skills (80+), all thanks to macroing.

The problem is that macroing is hard to prove yet so easy to set up. Instead of baning macro users devs should think how to prevent it by overhauling skilling system. I would not mind getting rid of leveling at all, and have skills be only affetced by direct use. It's too late now for some guys but better late then never. Imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Niburu View Post
    a leveling speed and character system that doesn't need macros. A ressource system that forces you to explore and travel/trade to get all the rare ressources and not a 80+ scavange skill that you gain by clicking........that were only examples. Macroing has nearly no influenece in combat because everyone dies with 3 hit to pre order weapons anyways.......seriously the guys who see macroing as a source for every evil are only jealous because they are not able to do it, not macroing is the problem, bad design is...
    Nobody is jealous because they are not able to macro... Anyone can do it.

That's like pissing in a pool and saying that everyone who wishes you wouldn't do it is jealous because they don't know how to pee.

Quote Originally Posted by FPrime View Post

That's like pissing in a pool and saying that everyone who wishes you wouldn't do it is jealous because they don't know how to pee.
    And saying macroing shouldn't be a cause for concern or a ban is like saying swimming in a piss-filled pool is no problem, really. Better to drag the ones doing the pissing out of the pool and stick them in their own special kiddy pool. I'll donate an old Dell for a macro server. It's not like gameplay and graphics will mean anything on that server, anyway, since no one is actually playing! Just let their numbers scroll up every so often and they'll be happy, right?

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by FPrime View Post

You will be surprised how few people are able to make a simpel script. In your example everyone learns as a baby how to piss

And i can only smile when people say that some players already have 80+ combat skill while in fact EVERYONE which 25 skill can 3 hit other players with pre order weapons........

The thing is with this game is most skills seem to lvl up really fast anyway so it wont take people long to max out skills from jsut normal play.. I mean the skills like running, terrforming, and others that dont need you to have any resources and stuff and even most crafting skills lvl fast.. so even if people do macro everything up in a couple of days it wont take long for people actually playing the game to catch up.. unlike in Darkfall and similar games where playing normally things take a very long time. I dont like Macroing i have never done it as i liek to play the game for what it is.. in Darkfall that does leave me at a disadvantage but in group combat it dont matter too much.. Anyway i dont think it will have a big impact in this becasue the things that you can macro lvl realyl fast anyway.

On the other hand, click fish click fish click is boring and repetitive. I won't macro unattended; simply because I don't want to die and have my stuff taken over and over again. Let them macro in silence; just kill them and take their stuff lol.

Attended macroing is ok. Who really wants carpal tunnel?

Someone asked why people are macroing in Xsyon right now.
    I could easily see how someone would rather macro now while there isn't much else to do if you weren't into crafting and you were just waiting on combat to be fixed..

I could easily see someone not wanting to have to waste time in the future to gain levels that could easily be done now. So when combat and other things are implemented they can concentrate on playing and not have to worry about skill and stat levels.

Currently there is no benefit to macroing.. you guys are right... Thats not to say one day there wont be.

I think alot of people learned in Darkfall that you better keep up with the Jones' or you wont ever be able to catch back up.

This game is already on that same slope. Allowing everyone to spec every fighting style and crafting style.. learn every recipe with only the fear of possible skill decay one day. That Is the EXACT same thing darkfall talked about implementing and never did anything about.

The current "everything is do-able by each character" mechanic encourages macroing and ruined the game for alot of people.

Quote Originally Posted by coca View Post
    Someone asked why people are macroing in Xsyon right now.
    I could easily see how someone would rather macro now while there isn't much else to do if you weren't into crafting and you were just waiting on combat to be fixed..

I could easily see someone not wanting to have to waste time in the future to gain levels that could easily be done now. So when combat and other things are implemented they can concentrate on playing and not have to worry about skill and stat levels.

Currently there is no benefit to macroing.. you guys are right... Thats not to say one day there wont be.

I think alot of people learned in Darkfall that you better keep up with the Jones' or you wont ever be able to catch back up.

This game is already on that same slope. Allowing everyone to spec every fighting style and crafting style.. learn every recipe with only the fear of possible skill decay one day. That Is the EXACT same thing darkfall talked about implementing and never did anything about.

The current "everything is do-able by each character" mechanic encourages macroing and ruined the game for alot of people.
    Too true. I believe people are deluded if they think macroing can be stopped by anything short of features which make it unimportant.

Take hiding, for instance. As it is right now, the skill gain on it has been nerfed so dramatically (purportedly to combat macroing) that it is only accessible to hardcore macroers. I don't think the developers of this game understand how to stop macroing at all, particularly when their solution to macroing is to do exactly what makes macroing beneficial. A floating skill system with decay, and a minimal "grind" to max out your skills... those things together are all that can stop macroing.

In the mean time, I run a macro every night when I go to bed to grind up something or another. Jumping, terraforming, axe skill, hiding, running, swimming, brickmaking, etcetera... I've got most of those up to 100 now. Do I have an "unfair" advantage? Not so long as the developers of Xsyon make good on their promise. I could have just completely wasted my time. On the other hand, if they don't get rid of the grind and implement skill decay then I've got a permanent leg up on everyone else. Especially if they keep doing what they did to hiding, just by making the grind "harder" (e.g. more macro-friendly).