Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    *waves to everyone from relatively close to Chicago*

You guys are lucky I no longer believe you'll be able to put a griefer fence around my soloing butt. Otherwise, I'd be angling for some lakefront property. As it is, I'm going to revert to my original plan, and politely take myself off to the mist edges in hopes that the people who were squatting all over my intended start locations a few days ago are either no longer interested in those places, or are located much further from Chicago than I am.

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    *waves to everyone from relatively close to Chicago*

You guys are lucky I no longer believe you'll be able to put a griefer fence around my soloing butt. Otherwise, I'd be angling for some lakefront property. As it is, I'm going to revert to my original plan, and politely take myself off to the mist edges in hopes that the people who were squatting all over my intended start locations a few days ago are either no longer interested in those places, or are located much further from Chicago than I am.
    better hope someone didn't claim it before you think you did...

Combat really should be enabled from the start and players should be spawned away from where they died. When it comes down to being fair this is the best solution

Combat being disabled is stupid.

3 days to place a totem is stupid.

Those 2 things are what makes launching this game so exciting and worth partaking in. And now they are removed. So for 3 days we do pretty much nothing but sit and wait. Tack that on to the last 2 weeks and it just makes it less motivating and exciting.

If your full game cannot handle the client load don't launch it. Or launch it with multiple servers so we can enjoy all the features and excitement it brings from day 1. Oh wait...

What happens when we all decide to terraform in 4 days and the server grinds to a halt? Will that get disabled as well ("news - you can only terraform from 3AM - 6AM")?

Sorry I am an ass right now. But I have been part of this game for awhile, and I have next to nothing consumer confidence heading into this week. I am just over spending the last 2 weeks dealing with wipes and restarts all due to heavy client load (in beta 4 weeks ago, we never had any of these problems), only to have them show up again.

Your disabling the things that make your game attractive. 3 days, 4 days, it does not matter - they will be missing. We are going backwards and all it does is further remove motivation to even play...

/rant off

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post

Those 2 things are what makes launching this game so exciting and worth partaking in. And now they are removed. So for 3 days we do pretty much nothing but sit and wait. Tack that on to the last 2 weeks and it just makes it less motivating and exciting.

If your full game cannot handle the client load don't launch it. Or launch it with multiple servers so we can enjoy all the features and excitement it brings from day 1. Oh wait...

What happens when we all decide to terraform in 4 days and the server grinds to a halt? Will that get disabled as well ("news - you can only terraform from 3AM - 6AM")?

Sorry I am an ass right now. But I have been part of this game for awhile, and I have next to nothing consumer confidence heading into this week. I am just over spending the last 2 weeks dealing with wipes and restarts all due to heavy client load (in beta 4 weeks ago, we never had any of these problems), only to have them show up again.

Your disabling the things that make your game attractive. 3 days, 4 days, it does not matter - they will be missing. We are going backwards and all it does is further remove motivation to even play...

/rant off
    /like

you looking for a tribe good sir

/rant off

Right there with you on the way the fast paced changes are affecting my mood. Doesn't even matter that we have completely different goals and play styles and that you and your pals would, if given the chance, crush all my pitiful hopes and dreams of a log cabin with a couple of lazy hound dogs under the porch (or maybe coyotes?). It's been a rough couple of days.

/rant off
    this

the chaotic land rush is what makes this game great

we will have enough time to bore our asses off when every tent is built and there is nothing left to do

There will be plenty of room for most players and a few individuals that will complain as griefers grab a few prime spots ahead of some established tribes, cheers!

3) The final wipe and land rush will proceed in a controlled manner.

On the day of the final wipe, players will be able to enter the game and form their tribe charters, but not claim any land. This will allow tribes to form their groups and find their locations and then log on.
    What if you are a homesteader.... why delay the homesteaders? There is no reason for solo players to have to wait till the next day... its not the homesteaders fault that the tribes have to form! You have already reduced the size of a homestead and clearly it doesn't matter now where they place a totem because a tribe can encompass them.

On the second day, players will be able to claim land, but terraforming will be turned off and combat will not be allowed on the Peace server. This will allow players to claim their lands without entire tribes being online, and once totems are placed, players can log off to reduce stress on the servers.
    Seems if you let the solo players claim land, and begin terreforming on day 1, there would be less lag on day 2 when everyone hits the ground with a shovel at the exact same time.

On the third day, everything will be turned on as normal and game play can begin.
    Seems that if you have solo players doing everything on day 1, and tribes doing it on day 2, on day 3 you should be able to turn on animals and combat... so a slow move to full throttle on the server instead of a big BANG on day 2 and 3.

Wrong; the 1st day will be just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by tredo View Post
    What if you are a homesteader.... why delay the homesteaders? There is no reason for solo players to have to wait till the next day... its not the homesteaders fault that the tribes have to form! You have already reduced the size of a homestead and clearly it doesn't matter now where they place a totem because a tribe can encompass them.

Seems if you let the solo players claim land, and begin terreforming on day 1, there would be less lag on day 2 when everyone hits the ground with a shovel at the exact same time.

Seems that if you have solo players doing everything on day 1, and tribes doing it on day 2, on day 3 you should be able to turn on animals and combat... so a slow move to full throttle on the server instead of a big BANG on day 2 and 3.
    I didn't think homesteaders were getting delayed.