Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    I am running two accounts (same computer) but it happens regardless. The last few days I have only been playing one at a time and it is still happening.

Luckily today I haven't been d/c'ing but once every hour or two.

Happens running 1 or 2 or 3 accounts for me. Its the same regardless. I run normally 1 account per computer, but few hours of the day I will run 2 or 3 on 1 computer.

Short term solution

I decided to run some tests on a hunch that this is a packet loss problem. I ran this test several times so I can confirm the results.
    I usually run Xsyon with Firefox for the forum and Ventrillo for the guild chat running in the background. With these three running I get disconnected from 2 to 20 minutes with a ping of 32 at idle (standing still) and 45 to 185 with lag spikes while moving around. I shut down both Vent and Firefox and I ran Xsyon for an hour with no issues and a ping closer to 35 with no noticeable spikes. I logged out, started Vent and Firefox again, then ran Xsyon and was disconnected in a few minutes. I then shut down Vent and ran Firefox only and Xsyon ran fine but with a slightly higher ping of around 45.
    I would be curious to see what other people are running in the background IE Vent, IRC etc. and if they can duplicate this. We have good broadband internet here and I have no problem running vent with Vanguard, AOC, WOW Etc. I watch Netflix with no problems. I believe that while Vent is running it's eating up enough bandwidth to cause some packet loss and thereby causing a time out and disconnect with Xsyon. I don't know exactly why this is happening, but for now I can run the game fine with no disconnects as long as I don't run Ventrillo. I hope this helps.

Doesnt explain why I get disconnected on 1 account and not the other.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Doesnt explain why I get disconnected on 1 account and not the other.
    What a surprise, another useless cynical post. I didn't say it explained everyone's problem (It fixed mine), I said I would be curious to see what other people are running in the background IE Vent, IRC etc. and if they can duplicate this.

Quote Originally Posted by Willowhawk View Post
    What a surprise, another useless cynical post. I didn't say it explained everyone's problem (It fixed mine), I said I would be curious to see what other people are running in the background IE Vent, IRC etc. and if they can duplicate this.
    I dont think it was cynical, but me saying that will just make you think it was even more.

Anyways.

I run Trillian, and it disconnects for me. 0 other apps.

Ive also had 10+ apps running, outlook, trillian, vent, IE, Firefox, media player, fraps, Adobe photo shop, etc, and not disconnected for hours. Its random. I do know it has something to do with zone crossings for me. (Counting 1/2 zones crossings too).

I just d/c'd at the tool area. Logged back in and told a tribe member to meet me there, he d/c'd as well as soon as he got there.

Perhaps it's certain areas? Or again, another coincidence...but I seem to d/c A LOT by all the baskets and so do the other members

HELLO?!!! when is someone going to take care of this issue? there are some of us that really want to play......but common this DC's issue is really getting on some of our nerves........ANy knew news please? Or are you looking to fix other issues?

Just logged back in, ran 50 meters across a log bridge and down through the gate to the storage area. The moment i get to the storage area actions freeze (only was logged in 30 seconds). Perhaps this is not just coincidence. I think the baskets are messing something up.

The guy that is doing this had family issues, so its taking longer than expected.