Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by otomotopia View Post
    Join the dark side... we have cookies.
    Sounds.. Delicious! I will see how things work out and then I will probably be looking for such an evil tribe.

Dear devs...if u want a vibrant community...dont piss off small groups / solo players. Check your records u will find that most tribes cannot gather 10 people online at once to make a tribe and drop a totem. If u want this as tribes online, then say that bluntly. Just be ready for shit storm of refund requests.

All players should have equal access to the game on day 1. Preformed tribes should not have any benefit over any other group. You assume too much in doing this and create an un level playing field for to be formed tribes on release day. Tribe size should determine radius of safe zone..this is the only fair way to release and without this mechanic your game will be unsuccesful. Look at any other mmo that fails at this and u see a failed game. Postpone release until you figure this out 100% or watch all your efforts producing this sandbox go down toilet. No favoratism....look at ccp and negative reaction when thet meddled in the game events. My sand is no greater or less than anyone elses. We all deserve equal footing...that is why pvp exists. Let players settle location issues via pvp as it should be. If i cant play until 4 days after release u bet your ass i will be getting a refund. I wont play another game where devs favor one group over another. Its either sandbox or not.

The f'n end. Here some rope to hang your game by its neck. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by bankerandrew View Post
    Dear devs...if u want a vibrant community...dont piss off small groups / solo players. Check your records u will find that most tribes cannot gather 10 people online at once to make a tribe and drop a totem. If u want this as tribes online, then say that bluntly. Just be ready for shit storm of refund requests.

All players should have equal access to the game on day 1. Preformed tribes should not have any benefit over any other group. You assume too much in doing this and create an un level playing field for to be formed tribes on release day. Tribe size should determine radius of safe zone..this is the only fair way to release and without this mechanic your game will be unsuccesful. Look at any other mmo that fails at this and u see a failed game. Postpone release until you figure this out 100% or watch all your efforts producing this sandbox go down toilet. No favoratism....look at ccp and negative reaction when thet meddled in the game events. My sand is no greater or less than anyone elses. We all deserve equal footing...that is why pvp exists. Let players settle location issues via pvp as it should be. If i cant play until 4 days after release u bet your ass i will be getting a refund. I wont play another game where devs favor one group over another. Its either sandbox or not.

completely disagree with what you are saying and how you are saying it.

All you have to do to become a good pvp player in this game is to stop crying about wanting a safe zone and place baskets anywhere you want then craft up all your armory and weapons and put your little toys into the baskets. You dont even need a homestead to do that.

All players should have equal access to the game on day 1. Preformed tribes should not have any benefit over any other group. You assume too much in doing this and create an un level playing field for to be formed tribes on release day. Tribe size should determine radius of safe zone..this is the only fair way to release and without this mechanic your game will be unsuccesful. Look at any other mmo that fails at this and u see a failed game. Postpone release until you figure this out 100% or watch all your efforts producing this sandbox go down toilet. No favoratism....look at ccp
    and negative reaction when thet meddled in the game events. My sand is no greater or less than anyone elses. We all deserve equal footing...that is why pvp exists. Let players settle location issues via pvp as it should be. If i cant play until 4 days after release u bet your ass i will be getting a refund. I wont play another game where devs favor one group over another. Its either sandbox or not.
    Well Said I totally agree

I dont mean to sound like a jerk to the devs but many of us have been waiting since swg debacle for a decent sandbox only to have favoratism. Beta tribe should not have special priveleges. I roamed around the entire map and most tribe were very small. Sandbox = sand in a box...players figure out the rest with minor set of rules to protect against griefing and botting. Most small groups or solo players will wabt to be hidden and away from large open areas...i just dont see this as an issue to let everyone play as they want from day 1. Griefing is already against TOS and guides can settle disputes on those issues. I just dont see why devs want to shoot themselves in the foot just to release early.

I dont mean to sound like a jerk to the devs but many of us have been waiting since swg debacle for a decent sandbox only to have favoratism. Beta tribe should not have special priveleges. I roamed around the entire map and most tribe were very small. Sandbox = sand in a box...players figure out the rest with minor set of rules to protect against griefing and botting. Most small groups or solo players will wabt to be hidden and away from large open areas...i just dont see this as an issue to let everyone play as they want from day 1. Griefing is already against TOS and guides can settle disputes on those issues. I just dont see why devs want to shoot themselves in the foot just to release early.
    I dont understand the problem and perhaps I am missing something. make some baskets put permissions on it and start crafting. you dont need even need a homesetead to do that. architecture and digging is all you cant really do without at least a homestead

Quote Originally Posted by FabricSoftener View Post
    I dont understand the problem and perhaps I am missing something. make some baskets put permissions on it and start crafting. you dont need even need a homesetead to do that. architecture and digging is all you cant really do without at least a homestead
    I cant be asked to read the last 16 pages for you. Its not about just solo players, most tribes are less than 10 players total. Sanbox should not have limitations on how people play...some tribes will start small or as one and want a pice of safe zone however small to prevent griefing. Why do u want the whole pie? How about we all leave and just have the game about 2-3 zerg tribes?

Quote Originally Posted by FabricSoftener View Post
    completely disagree with what you are saying and how you are saying it.

All you have to do to become a good pvp player in this game is to stop crying about wanting a safe zone and place baskets anywhere you want then craft up all your armory and weapons and put your little toys into the baskets. You dont even need a homestead to do that.
    safe zone? have you read this thread friend? i think your missing the whole argument!
    Dont make my little pice of land safe for all i care! i just want to be able to play a sandbox game where all are equal.
    Tribes dont want it equal they seem to want preference and easy mode for them.

Sorry i shouldnt label all tribes the same as there are many who want the sandbox eperience. Some agree that we should all start equal. I give credit to the tribes that are saying " let all start together, if a solo player gets my land then my tribe will either parley with them to move, or force them out"
    I'm with these guys/girls! bring on the sandbox.

Dont give in to easy mode tribes and give them preference.

I just asked for a refund and a sub cancellation over this. I have no problem with areas set aside as tribe development only, but if I can't go out on launch day and lay claim to a tiny plot of land somewhere in the game world, I have no reason whatsoever to play the game at all. While it is possible that in the future I would have joined a tribe, I certainly won't be coerced into it. If this change goes through, Xsyon will be just another game that calls itself a sandbox but fails to deliver real freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    I just asked for a refund and a sub cancellation over this. I have no problem with areas set aside as tribe development only, but if I can't go out on launch day and lay claim to a tiny plot of land somewhere in the game world, I have no reason whatsoever to play the game at all. While it is possible that in the future I would have joined a tribe, I certainly won't be coerced into it. If this change goes through, Xsyon will be just another game that calls itself a sandbox but fails to deliver real freedom.
    hey friend dont jump the gun.
    They are looking into this and trying to find a solution. It does not make sense to do this and i am sure they will find a sensible way around it.

just give them a few days