Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Armand View Post
    We actually lost a swath of land that was nowhere near any homesteads or 1 man tribes. Looks like we just lost some diameter for whatever reason.
    aye, looks like "area" of circle was cut down a bit as well. That I'm not too worried about.

We need to find out if there is any buffer zone for homesteads. We found out they homestead is 30m radius, but was not able to place a second 60m away. Don't know if it was another tribe long way off or a buffer requirement on homesteads.

Quote Originally Posted by vorg View Post
    We need to find out if there is any buffer zone for homesteads. We found out they homestead is 30m radius, but was not able to place a second 60m away. Don't know if it was another tribe long way off or a buffer requirement on homesteads.
    Yeah, there are too many variables going on here right now. I think we'd be best served with an official response from a developer/staff member.

Ah, have found it really, is all due to the old placement of 1 man tribes and other tribes. There is a much better system in place now it seems, is just most of the "existing" stuff since update has things skewed quite a lot right now.

I would like to remind people that its currently not possible to drop a homestead were once you had a tribe. a homestead can be placed outside max ranges of current tribes.
    the current eating of tribe area's seem to be caused by 1 man tribes that were placed after the last wipe and now are creating some mess up whit larger tribes. colliding the max borders or something and reducing those equally.

that is at least what I found out so far, this could be wrong but like none here I have no access to hard data. a simple clean wipe could fix this mess ( as we all would be bound to the new system) or there might be a bug that needs fixing.

max tribe size is going to be 220 meters which really throws a kink in our layout plans also i would like to see this resolved

bodangly's diagram is correct. I had to make some fixes in the code so that homesteads can be placed 60 meters totem to totem. This will be in the next update.

The maximum tribe radius did not shrink, however it grows a bit slower towards this maximum which is why some tribes are a bit smaller now. I am reviewing and making some slight adjustments right now.

Thank you that is great news, nips those concerns in the bud.

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    bodangly's diagram is correct. I had to make some fixes in the code so that homesteads can be placed 60 meters totem to totem. This will be in the next update.

The maximum tribe radius did not shrink, however it grows a bit slower towards this maximum which is why some tribes are a bit smaller now. I am reviewing and making some slight adjustments right now.
    I hope to see a mechanic that accommodates large tribes. The current lack of an alliance feature makes even splitting highly populated tribes a big problem.

There appears to be an issue where old tribal areas "stick" even though a totem no longer exists. I cannot place a homestead in an area where there was previously a totem (not my own, someone else's). Thier stuff is still there and i have full access to containers and projects, but I get no "Entering X" message and cannot drop a homestead anywhere within the old boundaries or buffer of the old tribe. Dunno if it had to do with the conversion to homesteads or what, but will most likely be cleared with a wipe since all totem structures will be on the same page.

Drev