Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Crafting is not as in-depth as Wurm but its close.

No multiple toons per account. If you want another account toss in another 40$.
    No tunneling or caving as of now.

This is a good game and close to what wurm is. I would say the building and terraforming is better than Wurm's.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyesgood View Post
    Finally, is there any tunneling or caving in this game like there is in Wurm?
    Thankfully not!

How does the depth of crafting in this game compare to the depth of crafting in Wurm?
    Not as deep, but getting close. I like crafting in Xsyon much better than Wurm.

Ok, just purchased the game.... waiting on the download. I will give Xsyon a try! See you all in the game!

I hope this game stays clear of pvp. Pvp as ruined so many sandbox games that adding pvp to a sandbox game should punishable by death. Seriously. Pvp is d-u-m-b.

Animals and zombies are fine. But they shouldn't be tooo aggressive. If this game is kept primarily as a hunting/exploring/building sort of game then I think it will carry its own.

Think... a massive world. You can build virtually anywhere you want and terraform and plant things to make the city of home of your dreams. You can hunt for things out in the world alone or with others, depending on what you're looking for. You can live in communities and make friends and become a center of commerce. Bottom line, this world is a canvas and we're the painters. If you make the game too punishing (pvp and aggressive monsters and huge penalties for mistakes) then it will no longer be a canvas that's loved by painters, but a canvas covered with blood, forgotten dreams, numb players, and dread.

This game will die if it goes in the direction of too much conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by sparklingshores View Post
    I hope this game stays clear of pvp. Pvp as ruined so many sandbox games that adding pvp to a sandbox game should punishable by death. Seriously. Pvp is d-u-m-b.

Animals and zombies are fine. But they shouldn't be tooo aggressive. If this game is kept primarily as a hunting/exploring/building sort of game then I think it will carry its own.

The game is an FFA PVP full loot game.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    The game is an FFA PVP full loot game.
    If this is true then its death is certain to come in the not distant future.

Sad to hear it.

I mean sad as in - darn, this game could have been very special! :\

Most MMORPG's that go in this direction will die soon. Numbers don't lie.

Eve-online is one of the few that survives.

Everybody thinks they can be Michael Jordan or Eve-Online.

Reality doesn't work that way. Oh well, live and learn. Feel the pain.

Treat players as painters and hte world as a canvas and it'll be fine.

Treat players as warring tribes and .. hear the drum beat of doom and dread.

Human aggression puts an end to culture and art quicker than you can say "Fire!"

Sad to hear it.

Human aggression puts an end to culture and art quicker than you can say "Fire!"
    It's not that bad and it's not necessary to get paranoid about the PvP aspect of the game. Most players co-operate and trade. If you loose stuff it's replaceable and you learn not to go out fully loaded with valuable items. The PvP is actually fun and if there's a real bunch of Asshats out there, then there's lots of volunteers to help you put them down. As for the artistry, there's plenty of great creations to go and see and scope to learn to build something yourself. The world is big enough to explore and well become bigger in the future.

I also think most PvP'rs will be fully occupied in the near future on zombie patrol so you will have time to learn some combat.

Sad to hear it.

If you are going by only #'s then most MMORPGs die soon. So I guess this game is going to die soon because its an MMORPG.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    If you are going by only #'s then most MMORPGs die soon. So I guess this game is going to die soon because its an MMORPG.
    At least I got my warning out. If all it did was make you blink then ti's better than nothing. I really like Xyson and have great hopes for it. That's why I write these things. I wnat it to do well. Keep blinking.