Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    Not corpse run We should drop everything in PvE death and all the stuffs should disappear in 1 min.
    That's an idea i can see a lot of players not going for and a lot of people quitting or not subscribing over. A less dramatic option might be to allow people to either respawn at the same point which they died (no corpse running or any ability to move for that matter) or they can respawn at the totem but anything in their pack/pouches stays where they died (in like a temporary basket) and is lootable for a reasonable duration, so they can realistically get back to it.

Not many people would be keen on losing everything they had when so much can happen. Your game can crash and your character can stay running right off a cliff to his death. You could have some lag and meet that invisible bear that likes to run around. You could be exhausted and meet your end at the cruel hands of a marauding raccoon.

Edit: it appears Dontaze beat me to the punch while I was away from the comp.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontaze_Mebro View Post
    Why not just get the promised item decay system working first? I always had fun in darkfail coming across some high level player's tombstone and taking the goodies. I think corpse runs with maybe a 20 minute decay timer would be better than 1 minute. It'd suck to fall off a cliff and lose everything. How about getting killed in a 10 minute delay? That's not going to keep people paying...
    The goal of losing items on PvE death should be to take out items from the system to keep the economy going. Corpse run would destroy this totally, since you or someone else would get the items back. I don't think it would drive people aways from the game since it really easy to replace the lost items.

This could be a quick fix for now to keep the economy going and to give reason to craft items while the system is so laggy. Implementing item decay would cost the server, losing items on PvE death wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    The goal of losing items on PvE death should be to take out items from the system to keep the economy going. Corpse run would destroy this totally, since you or someone else would get the items back. I don't think it would drive people aways from the game since it really easy to replace the lost items.

This could be a quick fix for now to keep the economy going and to give reason to craft items while the system is so laggy. Implementing item decay would cost the server, losing items on PvE death wouldn't.
    I agree something needs to be done to boost the economy, but losing all your gear on any death simply is a bad idea when the game is so unpolished.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontaze_Mebro View Post
    I agree something needs to be done to boost the economy, but losing all your gear on any death simply is a bad idea when the game is so unpolished.
    In a game with a full loot PvP system the PvE death having the same penalty is a logical decision and good for the economy. Why should it make any difference if another player killed you or a bear ?

It's one thing if a player kills you and loots you. It's another thing if you die due to something out of your control (lag spikes etc) and your gear vanishes in a puff of pixels because you can't back to it in a matter of 1min, as you suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade512 View Post
    It's one thing if a player kills you and loots you. It's another thing if you die due to something out of your control (lag spikes etc) and your gear vanishes in a puff of pixels because you can't back to it in a matter of 1min, as you suggest.
    I totally agree, dieing because of lag spikes is very annoying and unfair. But this may happen in PvP too so where is the difference...
    Some days ago a guy in my zone was killed and fully looted by a player while he was lagging badly and got disconnected. He logged back and saw that he lost everything and got very mad, he didn't even know who killed him. Lag spikes are dangerous and unfair in PvP as well. Still its not a reason to take full loot out of the game.

To weigh in, you cannot have an economy without loosing your stuff... It will stagnate. A personal opinion but we need item decay, item loss etc not only to keep the economy flowing, but also to keep it fun. Can any of you out there tell me you get the same rush with combat in, standard example, WoW? Of course not... all you get is a small repair bill, it becomes stagnant after about 5 minutes of pve. We may loose a few people who think that it is a bore, but look what happened when UO started to appease the crowd who wanted the game easier, and different... It stagnated and died.

One thing i personally would recommend to the devs would be area specific crafted items. An armour set for tribes in a certain area... a specific weapon for a specific tribe. At the moment all decent tribes can make nearly everything, to the point where there is no trade. Setting up scenarios where you discover recipes by settling in a specific area or going exploring will cause expanded trade and open up diplomacy.

However, mini wall of text aside. I am happy to wait... When i bought this game, i realised it would have its problems setting up, as i imagine most people did. I think many of the issues found were only discovered because enough people were playing at the same time.... which only the launch could have acheived.

I'd still rather see something like I suggested above rather than the complete inability to get back to your stuff. A game mechanic that makes it impossible to retrieve your stuff 95% of the time will ruin it for a lot of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade512 View Post
    I'd still rather see something like I suggested above rather than the complete inability to get back to your stuff. A game mechanic that makes it impossible to retrieve your stuff 95% of the time will ruin it for a lot of people.
    Well if you are scared of loosing your stuff you can leave the things you want to keep back and go out with friends who can loot you if you die. The threat of loss makes it all the more important to form hunting parties and have backup when you pve.

Granted lag death and crash death will suck... but many people have played games where it has happened and survived, it was annoying, but that is why you keep spares and dont take out anything you can't afford to replace

You're looking at it from a niche point of view in my opinion. In a game no bigger than this, would it not be better to implement something that can be accepted by everyone?
    In Asheron's call you always dropped something when you died but you had time to make it back to your body, if you could. That's merely all I'm suggesting. A low timer, supposedly in the name of a flourishing market, is ludicrous when you consider the fact it really WON'T stimulate the economy. People will just have their tribe-mates craft them something. It won't help the in-game economy it'll just create a timesink.