Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    I know that at least one person quit over you chopping down all the trees, but that has nothing to do with safe zones, since you were vulnerable to attack while you were chopping them down, weren't you? I know that the junk pile pavers frustrated and irritated me and caused me to move back onto a junk pile, but that has nothing to do with safe zones, either, since I remember Plague killed the primary culprit while he was out doing it, so obviously he wasn't using safe zones to grief.

Just because people found ways to annoy other players despite the safe zones doesn't mean we'd be better off without them. In fact, it seems we'd be worse off, as annoying other players would be much easier if they had no place to flee to!

Actually, you just made an argument for permadeath, not the removal of safe zones. Although a griefer could reroll with a preorder axe and shovel and go right back to griefing, so maybe not. But maybe you've just made an argument to increase the length of time you have to wait before you drop a totem or rejoin a tribe again? Is that what you're arguing?

It seems that you are making an argument for more consequences for bad behavior. I believe you're going to suggest next that we, the players, should enforce those consequences, and that we cannot do so while safe zones exist, but this isn't true. Everyone leaves their tribal area sometimes. If you don't, you can't very well grief most players, can you?

You understand that "safe zones" are totems right? Think about that for a bit, then you will understand you dont punish people by killing them, you do it in other ways like wiping all their hard work off the face of the world.
    Or making it so that people cant trade with them. Just think if there were no safe areas, and everywhere you went you were hunted down like a griefing dog, you are.

Quote Originally Posted by JCatano View Post
    Link your friend's question. I'm still missing it.
    How can I link a question which was asked through the FAQ page more than a year ago ?

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    You understand that "safe zones" are totems right? Think about that for a bit, then you will understand you dont punish people by killing them, you do it in other ways like wiping all their hard work off the face of the world.
    Or making it so that people cant trade with them. Just think if there were no safe areas, and everywhere you went you were hunted down like a griefing dog, you are.
    Just think, though, if there were no safe areas, griefing dogs could also hunt me down everywhere I went, every day. Maybe some people would enjoy being hunted like that, but it's really not my thing. Nor do I want to hunt people down and kill them until they quit the game. And before you bring it up, no, I do not want to seek shelter with a large tribe or tribal alliance to prevent being griefed. Again, that's fun for some people, it isn't fun for me.

I already said it before, though. If that's what this game ultimately becomes, I will not leave with any hard feelings. Because I know it's a possibility. Probably not likely to happen, but it could, after Prelude. This game was originally not going to be as solo-friendly as it is now, correct? So I won't complain, I won't cry on the forum, I'll just go play something else, content with the many months I enjoyed Xsyon and regretful that the good times had to end. But I'd prefer it if things turned out otherwise, of course.

They didnt say "Darn I wish we didnt have safe zones" they said other things like "Man Im being griefed because people are dropping a totem and terraforming the area around me
    Which is something you've threatened to do just today, and have probably done in the past...

and making roads on my junk piles near me". Which is the problem with safe zones, and other safe systems.
    Again, something you have been known to do.

So... you're out there doing the world a favor by ruining other people's experience just to show it can be ruined?

Brilliant!

Of course, all the while you're on the forums saying all these things are perfectly legit and maybe someone paid you to do it and yadda yadda...

Seems like Jordi's vision has been hijacked, and you'll kill off the hostages until you get what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    How can I link a question which was asked through the FAQ page more than a year ago ?
    --------->

I searched the exact question that a friend of mine asked. I hope you find it a properly worded one:

2. What will happen after Prelude ? Will every tribe and solo player be forced to give up the safe zone of their area, or will it be optional ?
    Will players and tribes be able to opt out of wars and sieges ?

@JCatano:
    It was asked through the FAQ page....remember when you could ask questions there, it was emailed to the devs, and they replied to it ? You got the answer in mail, with the original question in it. I searched that mail. Its not something I could link to.

/facepalm

I skimmed through this thread after I read Jadia's reply to my thread...then realized every second or third post is by her...

I was wrong, you aren't the queen of the carebears. You are apparently THE apostle of Jordichrist - Interpreting his preachings, repeating his words in the rawest form, and spreading his promises throughout the desolate Xsyon forums to bring hope, peace, and promise to all players carebear and pvp alike...

Im almost waiting for you to say you can part the actual Lake Tahoe and lead your people to the promised land with Jordi's new 10 commandments of the next patch. Ya know, the ones like:

1. Thou shalt not pk
    2. Thou shalt not be outside of a safezone
    3. Thou shalt not risk anything ever
    4. Thou shalt not ever have thine feelings hurt in game by any meanies ever
    5. Thou shalt not chop thy neighbors trees
    6. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors lewts

ETC. Just keep posting and flooding arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvadore View Post
    /facepalm

I skimmed through this thread after I read Jadia's reply to my thread...then realized every second or third post is by her...

I was wrong, you aren't the queen of the carebears. You are apparently THE apostle of Jordichrist - Interpreting his preachings, repeating his words in the rawest form, and spreading his promises throughout the desolate Xsyon forums to bring hope, peace, and promise to all players carebear and pvp alike...

Im almost waiting for you to say you can part the actual Lake Tahoe and lead your people to the promised land with Jordi's new 10 commandments of the next patch. Ya know, the ones like:

1. Thou shalt not pk

Wouldn't that be the apostle of JordiMoses, not JordiChrist?

I can't believe I just responded to this post...

Edit: Or maybe JordiMosesAbraham?

Quote Originally Posted by Salvadore View Post
    /facepalm

1. Thou shalt not pk

It would have been much shorter and clearer to just admit that you are out of arguments. But oh well, at least you tried to be dramatic I guess

Wouldn't that be the apostle of JordiMoses, not JordiChrist?

I can't believe I just responded to this post...

Edit: Or maybe JordiMosesAbraham?
    I vote for JordiMosesAbraham !

It would have been much shorter and clearer to just admit that you are out of arguments. But oh well, at least you tried to be dramatic I guess

I vote for JordiMosesAbraham !
    Works for me as long as no one gets offended, I can't keep it all straight anymore, I gave up religion for Lent or something or other!

Anyway, MrDDT said to ask you about something. Would you be willing to travel long distances (at risk of being pked of course) for rare resources or to trade for any resource you didn't feel like trekking off to get as long as your safe zone wouldn't be vulnerable and if you had something worthwhile to trade that wasn't easily available to people who spend most of their time pvping or defending themselves from pvp? So let's say you want to make the latest and greatest three story log cabin and decorate it with the latest and greatest in fine pottery. If some of the resources you needed were a long way away, in the area where there are no safe zones, and through an area where no one can settle, do you have a problem with going to get it, even if you die and have to try a few times and it takes awhile? Or you could trade for it to someone who doesn't have the time or inclination to, for example, raise pack animals or grow crops or make something else that only dedicated crafters can create?