Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Feedback Request: Creatures

Greetings Survivors!

We are currently looking for feedback regarding the recent changes made to Creature AI

The information we require is...

- Have you seen or are you aware of any creatures getting stuck? If so please explain.

- How do you think the creatures fare in combat? Do you think they are too weak or too strong? Or are they just right?

- Do you know of any other issues with creature AI?

They get stuck none stop.reason people dont see them is because there on the side of a cliff or edge of water stuck.They also get stuck on raised ground from terraforming.This is like this everywhere in the game just might be hard to notice them sometimes because sometimes it looks like 1 of them but theres really 5-6.

As far as combat there still pretty easy to me even the big ones.

Quote Originally Posted by unclean666 View Post
    They get stuck none stop.reason people dont see them is because there on the side of a cliff or edge of water stuck.They also get stuck on raised ground from terraforming.This is like this everywhere in the game just might be hard to notice them sometimes because sometimes it looks like 1 of them but theres really 5-6.

As far as combat there still pretty easy to me even the big ones.
    Is this still the case with recent update?

Well I can have problems with bears, but in general they are still easy.
    Smaller animals doesn't really do any kind of damage. It just takes a bit of time to kill them really.

The AI seems to be rather simple when walking or running to attack you. It seems to be going by the most direct route, not regarding whether it is possible or not. It doesn't seems as it calculates the route or if it has to take a detour.

I haven't seen a single animal since the server going down and rollback.

What I have noticed is they get stuck on terraformed land, mostly because the slope is too high (they don't jump down). On cliff edges because they walked down too steep a slope.

They get stuck on any size of slope,cliff or raised ground its not that its to high.As of todays patch ive only seen a couple of dogs roaming nothing stuck but with the patch before that it took them a couple of days to REALLY get stuck.

And a side note even when you kill them all they like to come back or spawn on the some spots sometimes.

Short run around my home mountain: found one black bear and about 10 to 20 ragdoll cats, all of them stuck, the bear on a steep cliff on granite, the cats all stuck on the exact same piece of terraformed land.

Edited: Found another black bear that was not stuck - or rather the bear found me.
    Edited again: Made a wider run through the West and found another bear and 2 coyotes, none of them stuck (yet?).

Btw, greath ideas B_ulam . Combine those with a new pathfinding that calculates their route too see if it is possible and we would have a decent AI!

Last night i saw 4 to 6 bears stuck along the shore of the big lake (sent a help request with cords) just like the cats above. they were just offshore in the water simming, in a similar circular pattern

Since the last patch, I've only seen critters at one spot: Zone 781: 633, 606. Just off shore.

Yesterday there was a family of raccoons and today there is a herd of deer at that spot. Couldn't single out or pull a deer from the herd, so combat was cut off by backing up a step. Didn't see the circular pattern.

Prior to the latest patch, bears, deer, and raccoons would spend 60-80% of the fight on their hind legs. In this stance they neither attacked nor defended. Fix this so they spend only 10% of the time in this stance and/or make it so this is a defensive stance and at least the bears might be a challenge again.

Later I found a wandering small black colored black bear. It never went on it's hind legs. It also only gave the opportunity to harvest hide, small bones, head and feet.