Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by furanku View Post
    I do not think you even read what I wrote. Which is sad, becuase I wrote it clearly enough to state the following:

" NG does not have the money to what do what Square Enix is doing "

but if you were not point out what I said that is okie sorry.
    If i meant you, I woukld have Quoted you , Just like i have done here .

Quote Originally Posted by r0ss0 View Post
    If i meant you, I woukld have Quoted you , Just like i have done here .
    point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by furanku View Post
    I do not think you even read what I wrote. Which is sad, becuase I wrote it clearly enough to state the following:

" NG does not have the money to what do what Square Enix is doing "

but if you were not point out what I said that is okie sorry.

you still don't make any sense..

also how do you know their money situation?? I bet they have more money today than they've had this entire project..

also to all you complainers..

You knew what you were getting into.. they are a TINY not even small company. It's an indie product that people found out about even when the developers didn't really wan't it to get all hyped up. Everyone chomped at the bit to get in it knowing full well that it wasn't complete and it was a tiny indie company..

now you complaining?!?

it's pretty sad..

We know what the devs are going to do with the game.. we know the direction it's going.. we also know it's going to take 6-9months or more to get there.. When combat is in, warfare, safezones gone, trade hubs are built, skill caps are put in, etc... game is going to be EPIC.

its just gonna take a decent amount of time.. the devs themselves said this..

Game in its current state is so you can get a head start building your tribe and so they can iron out all the performance kinks before all the awesome stuff shows up and 10x more people show up..

in the mean time don't play it so much.. A few times a week for a few hours is what I'm doing and it's still just as fun as when I started

So far we have pretty good dev interaction.. Threads that dog on the game all but guarantees the devs will detach themselves from the community.. When that happens things will not go so well.. See Darkfall

Nothing to do? Really?

How about taking a swim to other side of the lake and mapping where big tribes are? Or checking where all basalt and dry lime resources are? How about finding a place where it would be possible to realocate if your area is too barren or too crowded?

All I hear is a bunch of people complaining that this game does not have enough killable stuff. There is plenty to do if you want to craft, no chance in hell that anyone got all recipes in all crafts with master hat in every craft added to that. It's all about "waah waah I have nothing to kill", right?

What I'm trying is to put things in perspective. I agree that there is nothing much to do for PVP and combat oriented characters. Rest of the people have barely started. But generalizing that there is NOTHING to do is simply a lie. There might be nothing for you to do but plenty for me or someone else who is not into grinding mobs or players.

All I know is Jordi is working his arse off to make this game and make it right. So as long as he is putting in that sort of effort to make this game right, I'll at least show a little tolerance and patience and let him do his thing with the understanding that it will improve.

Must be pretty disheartening for him to work 16+ hours a day on his game only to get bashed by the players non-stop.

If it is too frustrating then play something else as well. Much easier on the nerves to just go back to another game while there are issues and then check back every few hours instead of just screaming at your monitor or in the forums because this bug or that bug is ruining your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Nothing to do? Really?

How about taking a swim to other side of the lake and mapping where big tribes are? Or checking where all basalt and dry lime resources are? How about finding a place where it would be possible to realocate if your area is too barren or too crowded?

All I hear is a bunch of people complaining that this game does not have enough killable stuff. There is plenty to do if you want to craft, no chance in hell that anyone got all recipes in all crafts with master hat in every craft added to that. It's all about "waah waah I have nothing to kill", right?

What I'm trying is to put things in perspective. I agree that there is nothing much to do for PVP and combat oriented characters. Rest of the people have barely started. But generalizing that there is NOTHING to do is simply a lie. There might be nothing for you to do but plenty for me or someone else who is not into grinding mobs or players.
    The issue is if there is nothing to do for those that want to kill things be it animals or people then ultimately there will be nothing to do for crafters either cos nobody will want their stuff.

There is already, god knows, thousands of bins lying around full of stuff nobody really wants. Maybe its ony a few people that get excited about maxing out a craft and then rinse repeat max out another one. That kind of content is not really acceptable in a fully released game no matter what you say. Especially one that according to Jordi himself was only 2 weeks away from launch this time last year.

Nothing to do? Really?

You didnt got the point of the Thread starter. Why should you find baslat and other stuff. building is meaningless,crafting is meaningless with the missing features like item decay and the OP pre order weapons and walls beeing useless because of safe zones

Nothing to do? Really?

I'm about to start a mapping project. Should result in some pvp, too. I'd be happier about the pvp part if I didn't know there are macroers cheating their way to max who I won't stand a chance against, though. You macroing pvpers have no one but yourselves to blame if I and others decide to run or hide rather than fight. Serves you right, and I hope you are bored to tears and crying for pvp you can't get. Cheating bitches. Edit: Obviously that wasn't directed at you, Plague!

I've scouted out plenty of basalt and limestone, but never seen tar, so I might go on a tar hunt.

And I definitely need a better, more defensible, more isolated location (off a junk pile but not far from one I can raid). But since I don't want to move with valuable recipes in my pack, I need to also skill up to learn the ones I want to learn and trade the rest.

I have plenty still to do in this sandbox. Despite the scummy macro cheaters, I've even gone out wandering around in freshly-crafted armor to check the combat scene, just waiting to get jumped.

Quote Originally Posted by Niburu View Post
    You didnt got the point of the Thread starter. Why should you find baslat and other stuff. building is meaningless,crafting is meaningless with the missing features like item decay and the OP pre order weapons and walls beeing useless because of safe zones
    Crafting is not meaningless. There is a sense of achievement when you unlock a new building or can make a whole set of pioneer tools. Some people sense achievements when they kill someone and some when they build stuff.

This is a sandbox. If you don't get that you are in the wrong place. If you need everything spoonfed to you like WOW does then go back to playing WOW or Rift or some other game that gives you 0 freedom.

You want things to do? How about building a town? Not your tribal sandcastle, but real town, working with other players, splitting roles, setting up roads, moving to one place. Then building a militia, patroling the area for pkers, organizing hunt parties, map area around you. How about builing you own mountain? How about making a battle arena in that town of yous where people would be able to show their pvp skills? You call this a waste of time? I call lurking in the grass and waiting for someone to come by so you can loot his clothes bigger waste of time.

But once a great man said "A time you have enjoyed wasting is not wasted". Live by that and Xsyon suddenly becomes much more fun.

"Waah waah, I cant log in and kill stuff" does not work in here.

Crafting is not meaningless. There is a sense of achievement when you unlock a new building or can make a whole set of pioneer tools. Some people sense achievements when they kill someone and some when they build stuff.

This is a sandbox. If you don't get that you are in the wrong place. If you need everything spoonfed to you like WOW does then go back to playing WOW or Rift or some other game that gives you 0 freedom.

You want things to do? How about building a town? Not your tribal sandcastle, but real town, working with other players, splitting roles, setting up roads, moving to one place. Then building a militia, patroling the area for pkers, organizing hunt parties, map area around you. How about builing you own mountain? How about making a battle arena in that town of yous where people would be able to show their pvp skills? You call this a waste of time? I call lurking in the grass and waiting for someone to come buy so you can loot his clothes bigger waste of time.

But once a great man said "A time you have enjoyed wasting is not wasted". Live by that and Xsyon suddenly becomes much more fun.

"Waah waah, I cant log in and kill stuff" does not work in here.
    Patrolling for PKers with a group sounds like fun, too. I bet I can interest a couple of my neighbors in that. Meanwhile, I'm waiting for the great wail of, "Kill safe zones now!" to start back up, so I can say, "Ban all the macroers first, because no one who actually plays the game has maxed combat skills of any kind."