Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    They know what needs to be fixed. They didn't just come into the game in February or later like many of us.

@Saolite

Hate to tell ya, but people are already maxed out with skills. Its pretty normal in MMO's. Doesn't matter how it happens, by macro, by sheer will of player, by exploit...simply doesnt matter because it WILL happen. Im not shocked about that at all.

So, you dont think slightly tweaking combat to make it at least entertaining will help anything currently? Im not saying fix it completely, nor am i saying it is the only thing important in the game...im simply saying droves of people are leaving marking this off as another failed mmo due to lack of content. Combat adds the most amount of content with subtle changes.

I agree with you on Item decay. However, if they havent even laid the groundwork for it, its most likely to wtfpwn the whole system if just rashly thrown into the current mix. That is an issue that needs time to balance and implement. Still, by adding it, people will be crafting at the same level they already are...but at least some of us could enjoy pvp rather than laugh at it or just walk away from it!

@ stat gains

I havent seen gains yet, and have been continuously told that it doesnt exist, thus why i posted it. By all means, if it is actually working...GREAT! Just going by what I keep getting told from various sources.

Added after 5 minutes:

Quote Originally Posted by Larsa View Post
    I completely disagree. You might not realise this, but there are plenty of players in a role-playing game that play the game for reasons other than being able to combat.

There are literally hundreds of combat-centric games in the market. I'm more than happy to have a game that offers something different. Please accept that there must be games for players that want something else than to have to fight all the time.
    I am getting so f****** tired of hearing this retort.

Yes, i know there is a WIDE VARIETY OF PLAYER STYLES in this game. I like that and hope it stays that way. In order to get it to stay that way, some things need attention...AKA COMBAT.

This game has been hard coded in every freaking way possible to, god forbid, LET anyone pvp. THATS what im trying to bring light to. Of course there are scads of games that allow a type of pvp, just as there are hordes of games that allow crafting/building far more advanced that this sandbox...SO WHAT.

I wouldnt be here if this game didnt at least PROMISE something different. If i wanted something else, ID GO THERE. People are so quick to suggest /quit rather than even possibly accept a compromise...selfish imo.

Combat is the ONE THING that has had ABSOLUTELY NO ATTENTION in this game since implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvadore View Post
    ... Combat is the ONE THING that has had ABSOLUTELY NO ATTENTION in this game since implemented.
    Yes, sure, because Xsyon is not a combat centric game. Would be kind-of crazy if the developers of a non-combat game would focus their attention on combat, wouldn't it?

TOTALLY...lol

Why even put combat in this game? Why dangle the idea of "tribal warfare" and "asset destruction" with "mount and blade style combat" out there without even slightly addressing anything but a basic (and sad) implementation of broken combat?

False advertising? or simply an indefinite promise?

TOTALLY...lol

Why even put combat in this game? Why dangle the idea of "tribal warfare" and "asset destruction" with "mount and blade style combat" out there without even slightly addressing anything but a basic (and sad) implementation of broken combat?

False advertising? or simply an indefinite promise?
    I have not seen a single advert for Xsyon, thus it's rather strange to complain about false advertising when not a single advert for the game exists.

Tribal warfare is promised for the phase after prelude, that will last for about "6 to 9 months" if I remember right. There never was a promise abount "mount and blade style combat", but a post from the lead developer that he "would look into it".

Yes, sure, because Xsyon is not a combat centric game. Would be kind-of crazy if the developers of a non-combat game would focus their attention on combat, wouldn't it?
    Not if they billed it as a game with combat...which, they have.

I have not seen a single advert for Xsyon, thus it's rather strange to complain about false advertising when not a single advert for the game exists.

Tribal warfare is promised for the phase after prelude, that will last for about "6 to 9 months" if I remember right. There never was a promise abount "mount and blade style combat", but a post from the lead developer that he "would look into it".
    Id call posts from devs as advertisement to the potential purchasing player...like I was.

Ok, or the thread that states, over a month ago, that a new programmer starts next week and will be addressing combat...like in this thread: http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...e+style+combat

I shouldn't consider that? Keep in mind, im not proposing tribal warfare be implemented now, today, or even considered...im talking about subtle combat changes to make it remotely fun rather than completely laughable and avoidable.

Apparently semantics doesn't translate well into German.

Id call posts from devs as advertisement to the potential purchasing player...like I was.

Ok, or the thread that states, over a month ago, that a new programmer starts next week and will be addressing combat...like in this thread: http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...e+style+combat

I shouldn't consider that? Keep in mind, im not proposing tribal warfare be implemented now, today, or even considered...im talking about subtle combat changes to make it remotely fun rather than completely laughable and avoidable.
    and gamebreaking for a segment of the population.

Okay, a post of a developer on his own forum now is a commercial advert, well, fine, your opinion. That's a rather strange argument to tell the developers to stop posting on their own boards, but, oh, well.

Yes, and the only words from Xsyon in this thread are: "A new programmer is starting next week. He's worked on combat and AI in the past and this will be his focus once he gets situated and comfortable with the code."

Everything else is just some players and their vivid imagination.

Okay, a post of a developer on his own forum now is a commercial advert, well, fine, your opinion. That's a rather strange argument to tell the developers to stop posting on their own boards, but, oh, well.
    Nowhere did I say the devs need to stop posting. Im saying that, if the highest level of the game posts it, it should strongly be considered as true. Why wouldn't I assume what a dev says is true?

Yes, and the only words from Xsyon in this thread are: "A new programmer is starting next week. He's worked on combat and AI in the past and this will be his focus once he gets situated and comfortable with the code."

Everything else is just some players and their vivid imagination.
    I disregarded all of the "some players and their vivid imagination". I took what he, Xsyon, the DEV, stated as you quoted. Again, am I so wrong to believe what the devs say? If someone is truly being "focused" on the combat...wheres the proof?