Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Illmaculate View Post
    For me to invest some time into this game and into building a city, those buildings, those walls and any other structures should serve some in-game function. To build it just as something to look at is pretty shallow.

If you think building a city just for the purpose of looking at it is fun I don't know what to say. Some people, believe it or not, like a challenge in the games they play and work collectively on something to strive towards.
    And just as many like to build a city to have done it. Look at Minecraft. Sold over a million copies and there is ZERO purpose in that game.

It seems sandbox games are not your type of game if you can not find your own purpose / goal within the a game. A sandbox game is about giving you limited tools and letting you play with them and craft what you with within the tools at hand. In this case we are given a world where we CAN war if we choose to or we can shape it how we want it to look within the confines of the tools at hand.

Sadly it seems alot of people are use to themepark games and must be hand held and told exactly what to do and how to do it. Xsyon is a sandbox or as close as we can get right now. We are given some general rules and the tools to shape the world as we see fit. People can goto WAR if these choose or they can be the suppliers of the people going to WAR or the ones that protect the land, ect.

From your posts it seems Xsyon is just not the game for you. And thats ok, not every game is for everyone and theres other games out there in the sea for you to goto. Maybe DFO or MO or Earthrise or a number of others.

DXWarlock, well said other than we are actually getting close to 7 billion now in the world :P

Quote Originally Posted by MrKrueak View Post
    most don't see a problem with it except for the few hardcore pvp players that roam from mmo to mmo trying to change the vision to how they see it should work, these same ones don't understand Xsyon was never meant to be a pvp centric game it was meant to be a life/world simulator first with pvp as an addition
    Well the problem with this statement is life/world HAS war and fights. Not just with other countries but even neighbors in a subdivison have fights/wars. I am not condoning griefing at all but if USA decided to go take over Mexico then guess what? We would do it. If we want to go fuck with Iraq and Saudi Arabia for oil and resources and use a false pretense, guess what.... So, in response, if this is a life/world simulator then let it simulate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Illmaculate View Post
    It's not a sandbox if there are restrictions on what you can do (see safezones). I hate this 'what constitutes sandbox' argument, though. The sandbox community is so out to lunch in general it's absurd.

I've played darkfall since eu launch, so... maybe this isn't your game? Why don't you go play a tale in the desert. See? I can be truly ridiculous, too.
    there is not pure definition of what constitutes a sandbox mmo, it is all subjective. Sandbox mmos usually refer to a game that has a "LIMITED" ruleset, no predefined path, player driven, etc. the key word for the ruleset is limited. one rule limiting a very small portion of the game does not negate a game from being designated as a sandbox especially when that one rule has no effect on 99% of the game.

No sir, this is not the final question. Many more will be asked. Now please, quit making these useless threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehralph View Post
    No sir, this is not the final question. Many more will be asked. Now please, quit making these useless threads.
    Thank you for the bump.

Quote Originally Posted by Gracen View Post
    Well the problem with this statement is life/world HAS war and fights. Not just with other countries but even neighbors in a subdivison have fights/wars. I am not condoning griefing at all but if USA decided to go take over Mexico then guess what? We would do it. If we want to go fuck with Iraq and Saudi Arabia for oil and resources and use a false pretense, guess what.... So, in response, if this is a life/world simulator then let it simulate it.
    you are correct but there would be consequences, such does not exist in xyson and what is planned isn't enough to deter the griefers from doing what they do. the fact is in completely open ffa games the vast majority of pkers think griefing players at spawn points is pvp. the few that will use the feature as intended will be a minority to the ones that just want to ruin others time. this is always the case from my experiences. There has to be compromise and some sort of safety area for those that don't want to watch over their shoulders all the time.

basically it doesn't matter what we want, it matters what the devs want they are the ones that have the vision, we are just paying to play in that vision not change it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom316 View Post
    And just as many like to build a city to have done it. Look at Minecraft. Sold over a million copies and there is ZERO purpose in that game.

It seems sandbox games are not your type of game if you can not find your own purpose / goal within the a game. A sandbox game is about giving you limited tools and letting you play with them and craft what you with within the tools at hand. In this case we are given a world where we CAN war if we choose to or we can shape it how we want it to look within the confines of the tools at hand.

Sadly it seems alot of people are use to themepark games and must be hand held and told exactly what to do and how to do it. Xsyon is a sandbox or as close as we can get right now. We are given some general rules and the tools to shape the world as we see fit. People can goto WAR if these choose or they can be the suppliers of the people going to WAR or the ones that protect the land, ect.

From your posts it seems Xsyon is just not the game for you. And thats ok, not every game is for everyone and theres other games out there in the sea for you to goto. Maybe DFO or MO or Earthrise or a number of others.
    Do you even know what a sandbox game is? Pray tell, look it up.

I think letting tribes have safe areas is fine. I do not think it will be fine if tribes can just up and move their safe zone where ever they please, and it'd be so imbalanced if tribes can just spread, and claim more land and designate all of that as safe. There needs to be some restrictions on this with regards to placing safe zones around resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Gracen View Post
    Sure and if your character dies, let it suffer perma-death, just like real life. Attention: This is a game, not real life, meant to simulate real life to a certain extent, not to it's fullest. If it was, I would be able to round up gankers and griefers, and slap them in jail for their crimes(silly i know).