• I already know that!

174 86.57%
  • I did not know this!

14 6.97%
  • wtf! I'm quiting!

13 6.47%
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MikaHR View Post
    Yah, lol, but, i mean, i have to ask, but, are you serious?

"Darkfall didnt fail, theres just pretty much noone that wants to play it" Shadowbane? Please. This is ridiculous.
    As he said #3 open PVP game. There are not many open PVP games out there. Darkfall has got the money back it cost to make the game and AV has a new office building and his own animation studio. So i think yes they were successful. If AV would also stick abit more to there pre beta ideas this game would be much more successful but DF is only a light sandbox and atm REALLy light

Hopefully Xsyon will be a real sandbox with a good fair combat system

2. 02-21-2011, 04:15 PM

Xsyon Citizen
    We all knew it was a FFA PVP game. That's why we're here. Making tribal safe zones optional is garbage. They either are or are not. If it's based on alignment, fine, but no toggles.

Quote Originally Posted by Goqua View Post
    We all knew it was a FFA PVP game. That's why we're here. Making tribal safe zones optional is garbage. They either are or are not. If it's based on alignment, fine, but no toggles.
    what you think you knew is not correct, tribal areas were always going to be optional safe zones, check feature page again.

Combat

Combat combines manual targeting and clicking with the final blow success based on the many factors – statistics, skills, weapon type, defense skills, armor and the opponents stance.

Skill and statistic based combat.
    Manual targeting, affected by abilities.
    Manual defense tactics including dodging, parrying and blocking.
    Body part targeting for critical attacks.
    Weapon types versus armor types.
    Combat permissions in tribe zones based on tribal settings.
    Combat will be revised during the Prelude and improved to match combat oriented games.

Perhaps making a "safe" structure inside your zone with a door on it that you can kick someone out of.. the rest of your "area" might induce a slight penality to an attacker but not give the defender GOD MODE... that is just dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Illmaculate View Post
    You realize the feature list has been revised several times since last March, right?
    yes i'm sure it has, but everything i have read the devs have always stated that xyson was never meant to be a pure pvp ffa game. maybe i'm wrong but that is my impression.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKrueak View Post
    what you think you knew is not correct, tribal areas were always going to be optional safe zones, check feature page again.

Combat

Combat combines manual targeting and clicking with the final blow success based on the many factors – statistics, skills, weapon type, defense skills, armor and the opponents stance.

Skill and statistic based combat.
    Manual targeting, affected by abilities.
    Manual defense tactics including dodging, parrying and blocking.
    Body part targeting for critical attacks.
    Weapon types versus armor types.
    Combat permissions in tribe zones based on tribal settings.
    Combat will be revised during the Prelude and improved to match combat oriented games.
    The last time I read the feature section, alignment dictated if the tribe was a safe area or not, not a toggle, and not something arbitrary. Good aligned tribes were safe in their tribal area, and evil tribes were not. These apparent advantages/disadvantages were offset by player behavior rules because of alignment. If something has changed since then, then I am unaware. There absolutely has to be some safe zones, no matter what. These are called start locations. Even if it's only a ten foot radius around where you start in game. I suppose that Darkfall's and Eve's solution is fine. Kill in starter "town" or high security "zone" and get wasted by the game. I'm fine with no safe zones other than that, including FFA tribal zones. If they want to give good tribes safety in their tribal zones (their Gods shine upon them or what not...), then I'm fine with that too. More fun for the evil tribes, who like to run around and grief people. Good folks can't run around and grief people, without becoming evil and open for killing by other good players, right? Based on my last estimation, it would have worked fine. If you want to go around and grief, then fine, but don't expect safety anywhere. If you want to be good and build a magnificent trade hub, then great, but you can't go crazy killing people wherever you want. Seems fine to me.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKrueak View Post
    yes i'm sure it has, but everything i have read the devs have always stated that xyson was never meant to be a pure pvp ffa game.
    What exactly is a "pure pvp ffa game"?

Hey all. Would you all mind going to my "suggestion" post in the suggestion thread and submitting your thoughts/ideas on the idea I had for a PvP system. I'd appreciate it a lot.

For those about to Troll me, I salute you. ;P

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...6852#post46852

Quote Originally Posted by dlld View Post
    I don't really care about safezones that much I just don't want a game where almost everyone and their mom is a "Red" lunatic who (tries to) kill every person that comes within view distance. There's already 2 games out in that department.
    I totally agree with this