Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    I personally don't like a limiting system where I am set in one thing and if I stray I'll be capped in others. I like doing different things but with a cap and skill decay I will never be able to compete if we go off the system where those skills I picked during account creation are the only ones that I can raise over 90 while the others will never reach a decent level and if it comes to armor and weapons I wouldn't even bother as it wouldn't be worth using. I just see people buying multiple accounts and those who are not capable falling to the way side as they can't compete.

Quote Originally Posted by xmechna View Post
    i'm not bashing ddt because it is the popular thing to do, i am bashing ddt because he is a never ending source of negativity on the forums and his current post was proof.

i'm not saying "your crew" just because its another person that agrees with you they also sport your guild/tribe banner thats why im callin them your crew. on a side note i don't need a pat on the back for me to validate my own opinions.

personaly if i was trying to troll i would have added a your moma joke.
    You just hit the nail on the head here with a troll post. Your whole post here is nothing but personal attacking. Instead of talking about the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by zookeeper View Post
    I personally don't like a limiting system where I am set in one thing and if I stray I'll be capped in others. I like doing different things but with a cap and skill decay I will never be able to compete if we go off the system where those skills I picked during account creation are the only ones that I can raise over 90 while the others will never reach a decent level and if it comes to armor and weapons I wouldn't even bother as it wouldn't be worth using. I just see people buying multiple accounts and those who are not capable falling to the way side as they can't compete.

I see it 100% the other way, lets just say you can ONLY have 1 skill and no others at 100% (not the system I want but using it as a baseline).

Then someone would need like 50 accounts to craft all the items.

If they did it in pools they would need 5+ accounts. I dont see how you think a system where some can spec into something getting 100 skill in it, and few others have 100 skill in it. Maybe some others have 2 accounts and leveled a few of the skills to 100. But even still, its better than the system is now, where people join a tribe and they are like "Oh what kind of crafter did you need?" "We dont need anything, we have 100 members that can do anything needed, just go out and have fun/gather"

People want to feel like they are the tailor or leather worker. Sure you can have 2 or 3 people that are tailors in a tribe, but if most people can do it or should do it, or have the hope of doing it. Then really everything is just spread out.
    Can people focus without being forced to focus? Yes, but then again you will have too many vets with every skill in the book. Now if they do it your way and make it take years to level a skill to max, again new players feel like they cant catch up and want to play on new servers or have server wipes.

Hello World of Xsyon !
    I also thanks xsyon for the free Gametime. But i dont refresh my subscription before carts, taming, cooking and bow´s are in the game and work. So CU all, there was a fine communtiy, hope i see u soon.
    ng
    Neo_aus_Tirol

Quote Originally Posted by Rothkur View Post
    So you want nothing that actually adds to gameplay (except the PvE AI), want far more grind (decay), and want to completely bone any player who isn't in a huge clan (no safe zones, rare resources for huge clans who own cities only). In fact, judging by the taxes and tariffs you basically want to force everyone to grind for and support large clans. Nice. This summary isn't a strawman because anyone who can read can see that's exactly what the implication of those changes are. But keep making huge generalizations about gameplay and more claims of things that Without providing any supporting logic or evidence.

Gotta love the nolifers, at least the themepark players want something in the way of content. Nolifers just want to grind all day and slap around every player who's not in their zerg clan with their e-phallus. It really makes me wonder how insecure you have to be to lobby for the needed change in a game is to screw every player over who isn't in a huge clan and doesn't want to grind forever to just keep up with their decay.
    Yes because the "care-bear" lovefest going inside safe zones is doing wonders for the game! But whatever, go ahead with your insults (nolifers? Really, best you can do?) if they make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. And no, adding a bit more danger doesn't have to equal massive zerg guilds killing everything in sight if the game is balanced correctly and offers other things to do. Have you even played other sandbox games?

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy21007 View Post
    lemme get this straight, you all bitch n moan n groan and everytime he does wat ya friggin ask, ya flip it around and say it shouldnt be done? WTH! This is why the devs need to ignore the community now and go with their PLAN, and stop listening to you all. For a long time u all wanted carts and raised hell overem even u norcal and ddt, but now ur saying why did he do them ? You all asked him too. Geesh, ingreatful people.
    this is exactly what im trying to say, they reached a point where they REALLY needed to please the players to stay afloat so they made what the players where moaning for
    and they did so whitout thinking about it.. and now when the feature is here everyone can see how stupid it was to ask for it.

when developers start to do such stuff its a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Monfols View Post
    interesting.
    mortal online.

No FB, I'm glad Xsyon listens to us. I just think the order of implementation is a bit off. IE carts before there is even a necessity to trade to obtain x or y item that you cannot create.

But since they don't seem to want to work out the other key issues with trading BEFORE implementing carts, they will immediately see the problems once the patch is live.

Trading will hardly increase at all. Believe me.

Enough with the player bashing and focus on debating the topic. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone.

Yeah...

Skill decay : I like the notion that in Xsyon, one could reinvent themselves as they see fit over time. Not tied to decisions made at character creation, but free to change careers mid-game-life. I honestly believe the people currently asking for skill decay are not doing so from this point of view. It seems to me this is more related to leet and prestige and, well, things I find boring and silly in real life already so why would I want to have to peddle these ideals in a virtual world?

I honestly believe the people currently pushing for skill decay will not be happy with the changes until the rest of the server feels precisely what zookeeper is talking about. Pretty good chance the people currently pushing for skill decay will then spew something about carebears or whatever but what customer base Xsyon is looking for is obviously entirely up to him.

Skill Cap : fun killer for me. Only for me? Apparently not, no. For my friend's birthday recently, I wanted to get some really good axes. I can't make really good axes. I'm not a weaponsmith. I don't even want to be a weaponsmith. I contacted a trusted source and asked him if he knew any top-notch weaponsmiths. He gave me a name, and off I went contacting that individual. I got a great trade out of it, and the weaponsmith got a recipe he had been looking for a long time.

There does not need to be skill caps for people to specialize and work together. There only needs to be people capable of working together. I don't mean people capable of directing others to work for them, I mean people who enjoy working together for the greater good on an equal footing. I've seen it happen pretty much daily, without skill caps.

If people felt they could not find a place in Industrial Strength where they would feel valued, they should have looked at leadership rather than game mechanics.

Death Penalty : Let's skip the lag and rollback issues at launch that already cost half the population before ebil carebears ruined Norcal's life and Xsyon's ever so lucrative investment opportunity Norcal was on the cusp of forking over... let's go back and take a look at how much giggling griefers were running around driving people out of game.

I know, I know, you don't believe they existed, whatever. Death Penalties will make that worse. Anyone telling you otherwise is planning to use this very mechanic to try and dominate others, NOT entertain others, but dominate them, too thick to realize anyone can just click the X at the top right and be done with it.

But hey, playerbase you want is the playerbase you get. Have fun with that.

Those are the three biggies in my opinion. Irks me that more time will be spent on resource distribution and combat tweaks when the very people that is meant to appease have yet to be appeased or happy about much of anything. No use rehashing the debate of why no-safe has to equal special little numbnut status with special treats... the playerbase you want is the playerbase you get.

Cool Book, just go against every idea that will make the game have substance. :P This isn't a personal attack on you, it is a discussion about your ideas, if you can tell the difference.

No death penalties? Are you kidding? Seriously? Why should people not fear death from mobs? It's not like we drop all loot upon death (which would be a good enough death penalty imo), so some sort of "debuff" or instant skill decay should happen upon death.

I'm not on the cusp of forking anything over. Any investment into Xsyon for an adverts push I wouldn't even CONSIDER making until next Summer. Hopefully by then the game has more substance and would actually keep more than 10% of the players who bought accounts. Like I said, I would be doing this to support the games survival and stimulate population growth, not turn a profit. However, if the more than 90% of the players quit within a month-three months, then what is the point? You can see why I'm so keen on expecting negative returns from an investment.

However, maybe Xsyon is currently turning a profit because dev. payroll and maintenance costs are so low. I do not know the finer details of this though. If so, then the game will never die due to lack of revenue. It would only die due to lack of developer interest in developing any further.

Book, we will be happy with skill decay, as it will create a need for crafters of all type (not just one ULTIMATE crafter like Unclean/Dang). The problem is, even if the crafting roles are split from a possible 1 crafter to needing 5+ pure crafters, that doesn't make the items crafted any more USEFUL. More RARE (because less can craft these items now than before) YES, but more USEFUL? No, not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Book View Post
    Yeah...

Skill decay : I like the notion that in Xsyon, one could reinvent themselves as they see fit over time. Not tied to decisions made at character creation, but free to change careers mid-game-life. I honestly believe the people currently asking for skill decay are not doing so from this point of view. It seems to me this is more related to leet and prestige and, well, things I find boring and silly in real life already so why would I want to have to peddle these ideals in a virtual world?

I honestly believe the people currently pushing for skill decay will not be happy with the changes until the rest of the server feels precisely what zookeeper is talking about. Pretty good chance the people currently pushing for skill decay will then spew something about carebears or whatever but what customer base Xsyon is looking for is obviously entirely up to him.

Skill Cap : fun killer for me. Only for me? Apparently not, no. For my friend's birthday recently, I wanted to get some really good axes. I can't make really good axes. I'm not a weaponsmith. I don't even want to be a weaponsmith. I contacted a trusted source and asked him if he knew any top-notch weaponsmiths. He gave me a name, and off I went contacting that individual. I got a great trade out of it, and the weaponsmith got a recipe he had been looking for a long time.

There does not need to be skill caps for people to specialize and work together. There only needs to be people capable of working together. I don't mean people capable of directing others to work for them, I mean people who enjoy working together for the greater good on an equal footing. I've seen it happen pretty much daily, without skill caps.

If people felt they could not find a place in Industrial Strength where they would feel valued, they should have looked at leadership rather than game mechanics.

Death Penalty : Let's skip the lag and rollback issues at launch that already cost half the population before ebil carebears ruined Norcal's life and Xsyon's ever so lucrative investment opportunity Norcal was on the cusp of forking over... let's go back and take a look at how much giggling griefers were running around driving people out of game.

I know, I know, you don't believe they existed, whatever. Death Penalties will make that worse. Anyone telling you otherwise is planning to use this very mechanic to try and dominate others, NOT entertain others, but dominate them, too thick to realize anyone can just click the X at the top right and be done with it.

But hey, playerbase you want is the playerbase you get. Have fun with that.

Those are the three biggies in my opinion. Irks me that more time will be spent on resource distribution and combat tweaks when the very people that is meant to appease have yet to be appeased or happy about much of anything. No use rehashing the debate of why no-safe has to equal special little numbnut status with special treats... the playerbase you want is the playerbase you get.

I understand everything you are saying here, which is the current game we have. You are happy with it? No, you are not as you have said so before. Heck you even quit for a long time because of the low player base before.

Leadership of a tribe does not change the fact that world trading is crap in this game. Killing people to transport items, trade bug issues, lack of tools to move items from one place to another, lack of tools to set up vendor type shops where you can display or even link your wears. Items lasting a very long time.

Not even getting into the fact that items have little effect on the things you are going to go do.

Combat tweaks are far from balanced at all. Resource distribution wasnt done in a way to make it work at all. They didnt listen to most of this stuff that was said from the combat people. Again they end up listening to the carebears that think players like me are here for personal gains to get advantages. I'm not here for my advantage, if I wanted that the current way would suit me as no one comes close to MrDDT so far in combat even crafting.

Domination isnt the only reason for these things, heck its not even the main reason. Its to stop people from exploiting the death porting, building economy, and its for making the world more fun for all.
    Yes they can be like you run off into the woods and do everything yourself. You are the few that want to be like that, most players WANT to be part of something greater and feel they do things that others might not focus.
    Can they do it in the current system yes, but its not going to be anything like where everyone would be forced to be either OK at most stuff, or Great at a few things.

You are trying to knock my tribe, clearly a personal tribe attack yet we have one of the most active tribes in game and have had it longer than anyone in game. Each time the "leadership" stops playing (mostly me) my tribe decays to few players active because really the leadership is only thing holding people here.