Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    I've actually changed my mind on this. Because, there is a bound weapon, which is usless to the dedicated crafter types. So why shouldnt they have something that is bound as well? At least until bound weapons are no longer given.

Let's make things fair. Starter tools arent that great, so make them bound for pre-orders as well. That way the crafter will be rewarded for pre-ordering, not just the combatant.

Quote Originally Posted by ffff View Post
    You can't force player's to be stuck with one character; not with Terraforming and "Safe" Homestead/Tribal area the way it is now, because you could build a wall (Example: Sand) in such a way that someone could run over the wall from the outside and be trapped on the inside forcing a player to logout and create a new character; unless a member of the Homestead/Tribe uses a log or terraforms a way to let you out. This "Fly Trap" could force that player to give up (via Trade) what ever is applicable.
    Luckily? the unstick command lets you go through walls...

Most of the Bound weapons are actually tools.

^^ ...not if you have a secondary wall inside the outter wall; /unstuck will just bounce the character back and forth.

Thank you for that bit of information FFFF. I will put it to good use.

Please no bound items!

It's so unrealistic! Imagine if you could never take a tool out of your pocket. It wastes inv sapce and you can't loan them out or give them to friends.

I detailed what I believe to be a water proof solution, here:
    http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...arter-Tool-Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Dontaze_Mebro View Post
    The guides have said it's a FFA PVP game is that good enough for you? Step outside your camp I will loot every item off you except your backpack... Is that FFA PVP enough for you? Must be nice to be able to live in denial like so many of you seem to do.

FYI: Fisherman don't make fishing poles. Your 5-10 uses idea is completely bunk. After your tools break you will all be whining about not having them again and demanding they last longer. Maybe you should learn how a player driven community works. If you lose your starter tools you can still make things to trade for new tools. Problem is you want everything handed to you and want to work for nothing.
    I'm not whining you jackass.. that was simply an example. I am trying to make a solution to keep the people that are whining from getting one of every tool and having it be bound to them like many people are crying for.. I'm sure you have seen my other posts.

Personally all I care about doing is killing players and looting the shit out of them. However if people are discouraged on the first day and decide not to play thats less people in the long run I'll be able to kill.

I like PvP, I really do. I like FFA PvP too, and I think gathering/crafting really should be risky and you should have to be prepared for someone to kill you and take all of your stuff. More than that, I'm planning on being the one to kill people and take all their stuff.

Here's where I have a problem. The game gives you a bunch of starter stuff, but then if you get killed you lose it and you're not just back to where you started, you're further back than that. So, either make the starter stuff safe, or just don't give it out in the first place. Personally, I really would prefer if tools could be made from sticks and stones so that you can build yourself up with time and skills alone, not with tools you magically start with. I do like that the game makes you rely on other people to work together for things, but the very basic simple things you should be able to do on your own. Gameplay for new players needs to be a little more simple and a little easier so that there's enough people left for the endgame to be rough and fun.

But to be clear, I understand there are better solutions, but this is an easy easy easy solution (doesn't even require changing the game since it uses an existing mechanic) that won't hurt anyone and really won't make the game any easier. Like Saorlan said, "these are starter crafting objects and after a few skill gains they become unimportant as better tools are required."

perhaps a simple quest to obtain a few replacment low level low dura tools. incase they did lose them.. I dunno

The basic set of tools needed for tool crafting should be able to be made without tools. It makes perfect sense. If you disagree you're a troll.

This the worst idea, I've hear in a long time. If you are going to do this you might as well take out tool crafting. And while your at it take the ability to trade too.