Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    what's your inteligence? It may have alot to do with "learning"

Quote Originally Posted by xaradt View Post
    My intel is 60, but from what I've discovered, all the people I've spoken with are in the same boat, and gained exactly the same recipies at the same skill. All hats and plates and no baskets
    This is my fear. Xsyon has removed ease of container creation to cut back on items = less lag. Let's face it, it what we all would have done sitting in his shoes.

hmmmm.....we need containers. bad. You bottleneck hard and fast in this game if you lose the ability to store things.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    This is my fear. Xsyon has removed ease of container creation to cut back on items = less lag. Let's face it, it what we all would have done sitting in his shoes.

hmmmm.....we need containers. bad. You bottleneck hard and fast in this game if you lose the ability to store things.
    lol
    Well.. imo it would have been much better if they finally turned on item and container decay to get rid of extra stuff lying around...

lol
    lets hope thats not the case how stupid would that be..

i mean you need storage in the game if you want to build anything bigger than a metal spike.. if they have limited the storage available then they have limited the game to gathering trees and feeding yourself..

hopefully when i get back from work tonight this bug will be fixed and people will be able to unlock baskets just like in beta.. LOL

I must of been lucky to get all bins, pouches, boxes at creation of my character for basketery? Im level 38 in basketery now but no new rec's as of yet though.

Everything is working fine. I have been gaining loads of new receipies This thread can be closed now if a mod likes to.

I think it has more to do with keeping Basketmaking a useful profession that has items people want to trade for. As it was there was no reason to take Basketweaving as your main.

There will still be (nearly) as many baskets laying around.

Not everything is a conspiracy, and I'm pretty sure this is not a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by xenoclix View Post
    I must of been lucky to get all bins, puches, boxes at creation of my character for basketery? Im level 38 in basketery now but no new rec's as of yet though.
    Once you've fleshed out the sets you already have, you won't get new recipes until you unlock a new set.

I would like to hear an "official" response to this. I must have re-rolled a dozen times during pre-launch some times with Basketry and sometimes without. Each time, I gained new recipes within the first 30 minutes of crafting and that was with the lowest Charm/Spirit stats allowed - and I do mean every time. Now I have those stats averaged out at 50, craft baskets for 2 hours and no new recipes but I do gain skill.

So far I've experianced two things :

- Basketry getting no new recipies besides the starting ones
    - Tailoring / Leatherworking getting recipies in the same group/set as I already have
    - Toolmaking / Weaponcrafting getting all sorts of stuff
    - I can't count

If this is all intended (which it probly is) it'll mean that you need to get 1 of a certain set before you can get more. So get 1 basketry recipe in a (basket) set and you'll get the right ones. Sadly only found leatherworking / tailoring / bonecrafting / toolcrafting patterns so far...

I'm about 99% sure that he changed basketry so that you only learn bin/pouch/basket recipes if you start with basketry as your starting craft. My speculation is that non-basketeers CAN learn these recipes, but only by finding schemes for them via scavenging.

My guess is that Jooky did this to give basket weavers an actual purpose in the economy, even though it flies in the face of the sandbox concept.