• I already know that!

174 86.57%
  • I did not know this!

14 6.97%
  • wtf! I'm quiting!

13 6.47%
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Larsa View Post
    Ah, PvPers always say that. They always say that they want real risk, skilled PvP, excitement, honest competition and all that jazz. But practically are they just killing newbies and gatherers all day long.
    Then I guess they won't make a thread demanding their own server with harsher pvp rules, will they? They'll just keep trying to change the rules on this server.

Hm. Now that you mention it, where is that simple poll? I guess I'll go make it!

Quote Originally Posted by jokhul View Post
    The majority of the playerbase KNOWS this is a FFA-PVP game !
    umm, no, thats not actually what the poll is about, thats what misleading thread name is about ;P

Yeah, most of the players do not know this will be a FFA PvP game. That's why waiting 6 months, and then dumping that on them, is a really bad idea. For both the people that do, and the people that don't for that matter. It's why we started so many threads on the topic this morning. Let them know as soon as possible and implement it as soon as possible, so they can group up, form alliances, and adjust. And most importantly the world will construct as it should.

1.) devs set up rules, players react, socialize and build a world around those rules
    2.) devs change rules months into = very very bad experience for all of us

lol

Big C I think most of the community knows it'll be FFA. At least it was that way until big wave of new players lately. And that's when posts on removing safezones started to show up.

That would mean that new players are the PvP players that doesn't understand progress of this game. We're just waiting to get quality PvP, not FFA bloodbath where we don't have a safe place where we can defend ourselves. If we had defences to secure our tribal lands there wouldn't be need for safezones.

Yoori I did not sense that over the weekend. I saw a lot of people trying to solo the game. That's not going to work. It's not the way the game was intended/designed to play. I do realize it was laggy as heck, so maybe my observations were based on that being the only thing a lot of players could do.

Just out of curiosity, how are you planning on defending yourself 6 months from now?

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    Yoori I did not sense that over the weekend. I saw a lot of people trying to solo the game. That's not going to work. It's not the way the game was intended/designed to play. I do realize it was laggy as heck, so maybe my observations were based on that being the only thing a lot of players could do.

Just out of curiosity, how are you planning on defending yourself 6 months from now?
    Wait a minute, you say some people tried to play the game in a way other than was intended, and that it wont work, so you are implying it is a bad thing to do so, yet here you are, in another thread that is trying to get the game changed from the way it is intended/designed to be played.

oh the irony

Yeah, going solo isn't a good idea and I don;t know how people are seeing this.
    'I have no idea to be honest, all we know is that we'll get gates so wall and gates for sure, we have a lot of plans, but I won't say what they are :P.

We'll have to wait and see what Jooky gives us to play with.

Cool. We are focusing on gates and walls as well.

And it's back to being all about the solo players and the small tribes vs the big tribes again. So once you big tribes all have your walls and your gates, it's Prelude over, let the killing of the solo players and the small tribes begin? How nice for you, you'll have all our stuff. I'm sure you'll also have a great deal of fun, at least until you've driven everyone who doesn't play your chosen style out of the game and you are all bored of making up reasons to attack the people you were allied with during your takeover phase. Hooray for the political zerg, we win, time to go play something else now? That's some future you have in mind.

I'm not saying it's not realistic. That's exactly how it really is. It's just not any fun, and it renders all systems of good, evil, and neutral utterly meaningless. Plus, it won't take you more than a month after Prelude to accomplish.

Quote Originally Posted by yoori View Post
    Big C I think blah blah it was that way until big wave of new players lately. blah blah blah That would mean that new players are the PvP players that doesn't understand progress of this game. We're just waiting to get quality PvP, not FFA bloodbath blah blah.
    That would be me.. I am one of those "new players" I am a PK.

I have logged into this game looking to get "quality PvP" unfortunatly for you sir... it will lead to a bloodbath.