Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: TAGS?

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    it's called /who :P

no need for tags
    No need for the added difficulty imo. It's hard enough getting a view of names as is currently. I don't think it'd break anything to be able to identify who belongs to which tribe via seeing it rather than typing it.

dont think we need this. I have just tried to get to know who lives nearby who they belong to and if they are friendly. If a stragenr appears im just cautious until i know their intentions. I prefer it that way.

I vote No to OP.

You either know/remember who somebody is, or you don't. Don't need to code in personal memory.

Pay attention to who you are working with

Or better yet, wear the same stuff.

Think the real life military has tags floating around their heads?
    No, they most certainly do not. They wear uniforms.

If you have a suggestion about the game, you should prob post it in the suggestions forums

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwanderer View Post
    I agree with adding the guild name to the mouse over. I don't particularly try to hide where I'm from, but if I kill you three times on the junk pile and you want to tear my guild's city down for it... unless you frequent the forums you're not going to know I'm with VD. Not having the guild listed removes accountability and therefore also removes player enforced consequences which I am definitely against. Reality be damned. I want a fun game.
    That should be done with a tracking ability, not guild tags.

Think about it for a second - Hopi's alliance gets a little too big and disorganzied, so you fake the armor of one of their allies, walk right through the front gates and say "hi!", then load your bags with their stuff and walk away like nothing ever happened. Hilarious!

Of course, once they figure out that they got tricked, they should be able to track you down to figure out who did it.
    But huge flashing guild tags over every player's head only takes away from the game without adding much. Same goes for the Alignment system btw, which I don't really like for similar reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by StarvingSteve View Post
    That should be done with a tracking ability, not guild tags.

Think about it for a second - Hopi's alliance gets a little too big and disorganzied, so you fake the armor of one of their allies, walk right through the front gates and say "hi!", then load your bags with their stuff and walk away like nothing ever happened. Hilarious!

Of course, once they figure out that they got tricked, they should be able to track you down to figure out who did it.
    But huge flashing guild tags over every player's head only takes away from the game without adding much. Same goes for the Alignment system btw, which I don't really like for similar reasons.
    I enjoy tracking systems as well, and I'd be all for having one. For some reason it's a mechanic that not too many developers implement though. IMO, it's something that allows players to both ready themselves for defense as well as allowing other players to more easily hunt those down they choose to. To me that's a win in both categories, though my guess is that there will be some very vocal outcrying.

3rd time I have posted in the same thread started by the same guild. And I thought zerging was only for PvP.

As before, use your brain, learn who your friends are, think before you act, perhaps even talk before you act.

But NO tags. Dumbs the game down.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurah View Post
    Pvp has been introduced and now there is the problem to know who is your enemy and who's not.
    When will we able to see tags on characters?
    If they hit you in the face with an axe, they are not your friend.

Dude do you use Chat or Ventillo/Teamspeak.
    I dont know how anyone plays any mmo nowdays with out VoIP

It's clear to see if you read the other two threads below that the majority of those who want the easy option when it comes to identifying somebody is clans that are already forming alliances, or tribes that have grown to big that they have no idea whose an enemy or not.
    These are problems of their own making and problems large alliances/tribes should face, having numbers shouldn't be easy-mode and visible clan tags will make it that much more easier for tribes/alliances that choose this playstyle.

But there are other aspects that would get removed also, the ability to fight out numbered, if a colour is easily identifiable then mixing it with a large group is easier for them, the friend or foe tingle in your belly, surely everyone feels a little adrenaline when they don't know whose coming towards them? and my personal favourite, being able to dress in a tribes uniform(they will be a must eventually) for infiltration and general havoc to your enemy.

If there is to be some kind of identity system ever put in place that is different from now, then i'd like to think that Xsyon would be more creative than just a coloured name or the ilk.

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...lan-tribe-tags!!

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...nted-Diplomacy