Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    The only griefer problem that can ever exist in an MMO is having too many restrictions to deal with them in-game, such as safe zones to abuse, or looting restrictions. Contrary to basically everything I hear from people who have an irrational fear of a system they've never experienced, griefers can't grief in non-consensual, no-restriction environments. The only griefing I've ever been personally annoyed by is abuse of in-game restriction features like PvP blocks, because there's nothing you can do about it.

If you can't handle some guy coming around killing you, get better at the game.

I can't hold a rational discussion here so I will leave it to you.

Oh and to keep you all happy...you guys win, I will go cry now, I am so very very upset.

They react this way out of fear you know. Maybe if the average carebear didn't instantly start hurling childish obscenities when confronted by a pvp'r they would live longer.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by maelwydd View Post
    I can't hold a rational discussion
    WAIT, SRSLY?? I don't think anyone needed that BREAKING NEWS FLASH

If your fun comes at the expense of someone else's, they will quit the game.

Disregarding all possible wishes of the devs for a moment, the only possible way you will be able to have fun at the expense of other players is to convince the devs of two things:

1. You will quit if you can't have fun at someone else's expense.

2. There are so many more of you than there are of the players who are quitting because you've made the game no fun that it is financially smart to allow you to drive other players away.

Even if you do convince the devs of this, you will still lose the ability to have fun at other players' expense, because they will all quit. (With the possible exception of a crazy one here and there, but those will be rare).

So what is it you hope to turn Xsyon into with the ability to drive out the players who don't want to pvp with you, or don't want to pvp the way you want to pvp, or don't want to pvp as often as you do?

Xsyon Citizen
    Nice theory. In reality, I'm going to kill a bunch of people, many of whom were not specifically out looking for a fight, and the vast majority of them will sack up and take it rather than running away and quitting.

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    Nice theory. In reality, I'm going to kill a bunch of people, many of whom were not specifically out looking for a fight, and the vast majority of them will sack up and take it rather than running away and quitting.

/thread
    No they won't. If the game isn't fun for them because that's just not what they find fun, they're just going to quit.

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    No they won't. If the game isn't fun for them because that's just not what they find fun, they're just going to quit.
    Stop saying "they".

Xsyon Citizen
    Who said it won't be fun for them? They're going to love it. I'll have a fan club.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    you really have this thing about the zerg dont you? We get it. We all hate it.

most competent pvp entities are anti-zerg...why share the credit with our l337 skillz?

The zerg occurs for two primary reasons:
    1. I LOVE MY PIXELS. ake pixel whores. the thought of losing pixels drives them to call up every ally they can muster in the attempt to ensure they don't lose pixels. usually justified as l337 political skillsz, alliances are part of the game, managing a bazillion people is a tough job mate.
    2. I'M A WINNER! Everyone likes to be a winner. Nobody likes to lose in their free time. Unless the dominant side is very disciplined about their recruiting (as in shutting it down), they will see their numbers swell...because everyone wants to say they were there when they 'won'.

Neither of these are exclusive to either pve or pvp centric gameplay...it's a human nature thing...Fear and WINNING!

I do not understand this statement. COMBAT MECHANICS ARE HORRIBLE! everyone gets that...but they are horrible for everyone. Everyone has access to the same crazy overpowered preorder weapons. It's actually pretty balanced...in that it sucks equally for everyone. And with the current mechanics, there is absolutely no reason to not fight big...luck > skill and 2-3 strikes with an axe in close succession...voila, dead guy. woo hoo take his stuff.

Again i don't understand this. If you're situationally aware, don't let folks you don't know get too close to you, and don't pile so much crap on yourself that you can't move...there really isn't a reason you should die. We don't have any way to slow a char down, so once you start sprinting, unless you're overloaded, no one is going to be able to catch you. I don't understand the 'ohhh noooo, guesss i'm just gonnnna diiie...' thing going on here.

anyway zerg = bad.
    zerg is relative.
    there are a couple of zergs presently in game (imo).
    most of your pvprs are not zerged up...we'd actually rather fight each other.
    i'm curious to see how things evolve once combat gets turned on.
    Right now the pvp is simplistic, no means of destroying defenses are in place, and no one has built any effective defenses yet, anyway. So numbers rule. from 2v1 to 20v4. Which is why I hope to see an end to safe zones put off until pvp involving property is completely worked out and implemented by the devs.

As for combat mechanics, a naked bare handed guy risks nothing if her victim kills her, while the victim probably has something to lose. I've yet to see any argue that naked bare handed fighters should not be at a severe disadvantage in pvp, though, and I doubt you would argue it either.

I am not lacking in the ability to take precautions when I'm out of my safe zone, I was just lazy and didn't type out all the things I do to prevent being seen, to keep my energy bar high enough to sprint away, to not carry what I can't afford to lose, and so on. When I said 'ganked' I should have said 'caught and killed' to be honest, so your criticism is fair enough, and your suggestions are good and reasonable.