Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by millsdo View Post
    Well, this is to prevent the following which several large tribes have talked about doing:

Having individual members run to good areas and mark the land. Then, they can take a day or two to decide which is the best spot.

There are other reasons as well and I am for the change. Solo players, of which I am one, should be on small tracks of land and not in the prime real estate. It just makes sense.
    beat me too it. while eating dinner that hit me. yeah having people running around placing totems as single players is not an idea I approve of. Small 'homestead' should be fine for solos in fact I find it very appealing. I can have a mobile tradeshop.

But what about the size of 10 versus x? My group may be able to get 7 or possibly 10 players in a few weeks. (I have 4 or 5 waiting to see how this plays out before subbing)

We will have 5 players subbed and ready for the 18th. I would like to be able to get a spot and intice the others to buy the game.

I recruited at least 7 people yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    Yes, this is what I'd like to do, if I can. The announced solution is to prepare everyone in case I don't have time. There are many things that need to be dealt with right now.

The main issue is not simply a solo totem claiming a lot of land. With the reduced land claim that should be ok. The main issue is other griefing tactics that have come to my attention.
    Sad for a few griefers to ruin the game for so many others.....

We don't want to just blindly recruit players. We have been gaming together for as far back as 2001. I agree that solo players having a reduced area is fine. But give them something for a safe haven.

And 10 players at the start to drop a totem is too big in my opinion. The 3-5 player size seems good.

Quote Originally Posted by millsdo View Post
    Well, this is to prevent the following which several large tribes have talked about doing:

Having individual members run to good areas and mark the land. Then, they can take a day or two to decide which is the best spot.

There are other reasons as well and I am for the change. Solo players, of which I am one, should be on small tracks of land and not in the prime real estate. It just makes sense.
    TBH I have thought of suggesting this as well. This way you will know you have secure neighbours (or own a junk pile), because your alts own all the surrounding land. And since I know I have thought of it (not yet mentioned it to anyone), I know plenty of others have as well.

I am glad the 1 person totem ability has been looked at. I am sorry for the true soloers out there.

Quote Originally Posted by sionide View Post
    TBH I have thought of suggesting this as well. This way you will know you have secure neighbours (or own a junk pile), because your alts own all the surrounding land. And since I know I have thought of it (not yet mentioned it to anyone), I know plenty of others have as well.

I am glad the 1 person totem ability has been looked at. I am sorry for the true soloers out there.
    What alts?

One character per account, so unless you are buying several accounts, you wont have any alts.

Quote Originally Posted by tredo View Post
    What alts?

One character per account, so unless you are buying several accounts, you wont have any alts.
    Yep. And people will, and people do. Also, friends who try the game and dont' like it and you give you their account...alts exist, it's not like I am inventing aliens in the game.

I think it's a great idea. Better to make solo players and small groups wait a couple of days to let good spots go to larger groups. It's being more realistic and will help the economy in the long run.

I haven't read through all 7 pages, only the first three, but:

My tribe is a very active 5 man tribe. We have reported very many bugs, and been very beneficial to the testing process.
    Why the size of TEN? Currently, I can't imagine more than 5 tribes have ten people, you're just encouraging people to do one of two things if you change it to ten:
    1. Join the big conformist tribe
    2. Get 10 people together, place totem, have the extras leave.

Either way, it's bad. We will definitely be doing the latter if the 10 people requirement is set up at launch. We camped out with very little sleep for 2 days this wipe, and plan on doing the same for the next one.

We deserve our good location just as much as the next tribe.

Edit: This also takes away the ability to have your own "terraforming pit" for your tribe to get dirt. Which I am neutral towards. We personally have one, but could live without one.