Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zettoz View Post
    Fortunately everyone can max out almost 4 stats to begin with if you get rid of the useless ones that you don't really need, I.E. spirit/charm
    It is a shame you don't need them though

Quote Originally Posted by FabricSoftener View Post
    not sure how they increase but from my understanding the do increase, not drinking or eating will result in a stat loss as well as not doing things related to the stat (like not carrying heavy things for strength) however stats will naturally want to move back to their base, so if you fall below your base it will want to naturally grow up to base and the reverse is true as well.
    Where do you get your info on stats losss and regain?

Quote Originally Posted by Haunt View Post
    It is a shame you don't need them though
    Well you will just not at this time, the skills they affect are not implemented yet.

Hey, kind of off topic...what are your thoughts on giving every new player, a small ( i mean real small) basket on their back, something thats easy to spot as well.

This way they can store their tools in it, it will be easy to spot for them, and they will only need real baskets when they get situated enough to craft.

Just something to put on the ground near their homstead so they dont risk losing it all 10min into the game and having to reroll.

Just a thought...for the new players...

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    Hey, kind of off topic...what are your thoughts on giving every new player, a small ( i mean real small) basket on their back, something thats easy to spot as well.

This way they can store their tools in it, it will be easy to spot for them, and they will only need real baskets when they get situated enough to craft.

Just something to put on the ground near their homstead so they dont risk losing it all 10min into the game and having to reroll.

I like this idea!

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post

i'm not sure what you are talking about but you can empty your pouch, remove the pouch, then pick up a large bin and it will become your backpack- now you have a 50 slot backpack and you can still have 4 more pouches in the other slots.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarantium View Post
    KeithStone, would you mind clarifying exactly how primary and secondary stats affect skills? Nothing that I've read in the forums thus far has been very clear on this point.

Question #1: Does having higher primary and secondary stats for a particular skill impact only success rates or does it increase learning time as well (i.e. having higher stats would allow you to learn a skill faster given an equal amount of successful skill usages than if you had lower stats)?

Question #2: Will having lower primary and secondary stats make it impossible to craft the highest level recipes in each skill tree or simply increase potential failure rates?

Question #3: How much more of an impact do primary stats have on a skill than secondary ones? For example, will having a high base dexterity compensate for an abysmal spirit level when using a skill such as basketry or is it essential to have both at a high level for success?

I'm planning to sacrifice certain stats (mainly spirit and charm) during character creation in order to create a more well-rounded, combat capable character and have had difficulty determining exactly how stats work during my couple of days in game. If there is in fact no way to increase base stat levels then getting it right the first time is obviously a priority. Any help that you or anyone else could offer in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    It's really hard to konw how base stats are going to effect every possible situation, especially since not all features are or have been implemented.

The only thing I can gues at right now is that if you want to be the master of your trade/crafts you will need the max amount of base stats for those primary and secondary that effect the particular skills.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithStone View Post
    i'm not sure what you are talking about but you can empty your pouch, remove the pouch, then pick up a large bin and it will become your backpack- now you have a 50 slot backpack and you can still have 4 more pouches in the other slots.
    Im talking about your first 10min in the game. I havent been able to drop my leather sack on the groun, and doing so means i really cant do anything else. Im talking about a small starter basket that can be dropped on the ground right at the start. So that the noobs can jump into the game, store their valuable craft tools, and go explore...without getting ganked, losing them all and either rage quitting or rerolling.

It wouldnt be an advantage, or take away from basket crafters, just something small (like 6-8 slots) that could be place on the ground, to store their very valuable starter tools.

This has no effect on old players with access to crafted baskets, or total sotrage space. just a way for new players to keep their starter tools safe while exploring.

OK, thanks for the response! I've enjoyed the fact that most of the numbers and behind-the-scenes formulas are hidden in this game but it does make it a little bit more difficult to figure out how everything fits together. Looks like I'll just have to throw some stats together based on how I want to RP my character and bend them to my will!

I was reading the manual and I got the impression that these attributes only make it easier or harder to learn the skills they cover.

Your characterʼs attributes determine your characters predisposition towards different character skills. Having a high attribute score in one area will make some skills easier to learn and master, however, it will lower the attribute scores in other areas increasing the challenge of mastering other skills.