Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    So what the OP is saying is that if a homesteader/clan/tribe places their totem on, beside, in-front or behind a junk pile that, regardless of the fact it's entirely engulfed by the tribe's influence, that the junk pile should still be free game for all?

That's just entirely ridiculous. Part of the whole point is to claim and gather resources. If, for whatever reason, you can't gather a particular resource - Trade.

ok lets treat this like rl if i want to come into your yard and pick your grass while you are sleeping i can nothing is going to stop me unless you are there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    He was kidding
    Yes, she was. But she was also making a point about how the OPs suggestion could lead to exactly this outcome. A few, huge tribes, a lot of fenced in junk controlled by those tribes. Some ratty little solo players and small tribes squabbling at the outskirts.

And in rl I can also have electrified fences, laser sensors, attack dogs, armed guards, pressure sensors and a home security company that will alert the proper authorities to an intruder's presence. We gotta have a bit of leeway here...

right all that would take massive amounts of cash but you have a very valid point

The way I view it, junk piles are going to be worthless dust bowls when the junk gets depleted. I'd rather have grass, trees, water and rock as well as an occasional animal spread throughout my land with the junk pile a short hop away.

Junk piles are temp....even idiots can see that...were workin on the re-creation of...us...we have several tools that need metal craft...just as wood handles were scave...things update...quit bitchin....youll make your own shit uless yer lazy...

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    Wish we had only six tribes and that we were forced to join one of the 6 or not play. Make the tribes: good crafter, good pvper, evil crafter, evil pvper, neutral crafter, neutral pvper. Forget the rest of it it, forcing everyone to join one of the six tribes would solve all our problems.
    No offence but silliest Idea you have had yet...

ok lets treat this like rl if i want to come into your yard and pick your grass while you are sleeping i can nothing is going to stop me unless you are there.
    And in the real world, if you screw up and I am in fact there after all - when I blow your head off with a shotgun, you don't respawn in 90 seconds.

Place a totem actually on a junk pile?... should not be .. next to one fine,, actually on one does not stop anyone really if they want to search the area ,, just log in when there not there,, with all the time zones in play chances are no one is around all these areas 24/7 thus there free to look at and use.. only a very few under certian circumstances have someone there 24/7 ..