Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Didnt you know? This is optimisation rolleback since last patch

Xsyon Citizen
    Once more, in English?

How does one measure fps in the game anyway....

I run at 70 fps (using fraps to check) standing still and like 40-60 moving. I have the game on medium graphics I guess across the board.

Duo 2.8 GHZ
    4 gigs Ram (3 usable)
    GeForce GTS 250

One reason for other players having lower FPS is possibly because of the amount of generated content in their area. There are very few people in my zone.

I blame it on the snow

Xsyon Citizen
    Blame it on the rain – yeah, yeah.

Added after 45 minutes:

Anyone had any favorable results from upgrading the process priority of Xsyon.exe?

And if so, any tips on how I could do this without having to alt-tab to the Task Manager? Ordinarily I would do this with a custom shortcut (e.g. "/start /high xsyon.exe") but I don't see how this can be done with Xsyon since you can't launch Xsyon.exe manually.

Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    I run at 70 fps (using fraps to check) standing still and like 40-60 moving. I have the game on medium graphics I guess across the board.

Duo 2.8 GHZ
    4 gigs Ram (3 usable)
    GeForce GTS 250

One reason for other players having lower FPS is possibly because of the amount of generated content in their area. There are very few people in my zone.
    It's not solely the content in the zone. My FPS performance was flawless until the update. As soon as the server went back up... It was very, very sluggish. All structures were obviously the same, since I was on right after the server was up.

Performance has fallen dramatically recently when entering a zone that has become more developed. At first i thought it was my laptop, but having entered the same area on my desktop, its easy to see that its the game rather than a persons hardware that is the problem.
    Hopefully the incoming optimizations will help, as it is currently it feels like loading a 200 player siege when loading in a new zone thats been developed.

My FPS in-game was always consistently pretty high. But yes, after the patch, I crashed for the first time and began to crash every 2-3 hours fairly consistently.

I also got FPS lag seemingly randomly -- I could stand on top of a mountain and look at the scenary around me just fine, but when I was off the mountain and down on some plain drinking water, my FPS would suddenly die for a few seconds.

Er, might not be related, but there's another thread about Loading Entities? I didn't have a problem with that until just now, today -- not sure if that's because of the recent patch or not, as well.

AMD Phenom II X6 1100T @ 4.2
    G.Skill 16 GB's Ripjaw X Series RAM
    80GB SSD (OS)
    3 1TB WD Caviar Black in RAID setup
    2* 6950 2GB Edition

But on that note, my other rig plays Xsyon just fine, too, without much noticeable difference in terms of FPS. The former has better load speeds, obviously, but that's about it.
    AMD Phenom II X4 @ 3.6
    G.Skill 4GB Trident X RAM
    1 WD Caviar Black HD
    5850 Toxic Edition

Also, not sure if it's related to the patch or not, but when I did log in -- all my bars were at minimum. Including comfort. And my ping was 0 ms, so.....yeah. First time I've ever seen that.

Quote Originally Posted by JCatano View Post
    It's not solely the content in the zone. My FPS performance was flawless until the update. As soon as the server went back up... It was very, very sluggish. All structures were obviously the same, since I was on right after the server was up.
    Yes this is probably true. I'm just not experiencing fps problems (unless I transfer zones I have a hiccup bigger than usual) and I'm borderline alone in my zone. So while there was probably a problem in the patch, it seems to be less of a problem for me (except now it's really netlaggy most of the day).