Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by eightonefive View Post
    I think the problem is that it is hanging up between downloading and processing and there is no progress bar to let you know whats going on. Intuitively i aborted and restarted mine twice and it was the processing that was hanging up. This patch was way slower to download than when i downloaded the whole game last week tho, and I believe that was just the amount of server traffic downloading at the same time as me. Which is bad because when the game is released there will be much more traffic. I would suggest providing a torrent link to download the client as well, that way all the traffic load wont be on the server at release.
    When its downloading it actually displays the downloaded amount/full file size. So I could see it was downloading and not doing anything else, I could see the downloaded number growing, but it was growing very slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtus View Post
    I brought this to Jooky's attention just now. Jooky looked at the patch server and it is fine. Both of us are doing Download tests and they seem to be at peak speeds just did 50mb in about 5 min.
    Virtus, if you'd like some download test from Europe, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtus View Post
    I brought this to Jooky's attention just now. Jooky looked at the patch server and it is fine. Both of us are doing Download tests and they seem to be at peak speeds just did 50mb in about 5 min.

What does take a long time is processing packs and they are looking into why.

Is it purely downloading that it takes a long time on or does this include processing packs?

Jadzia, your experiencing slower DL then usual, since you DLed the game multiple times now. Is it because of processing?
    50mb in 5 mins is only 170kb/s. Thats really slow considering I can get 1.4mb/s DL speed from Steam and torrents. Your patch server isnt fine, its like the loser at the special olympics.

I'm getting slow download speeds too. Downloaded 150mb in 1 hour.

are all of you from somewhere other then US?

7. 02-08-2011, 12:13 PM

The programmer looking into this just headed off sleep. He's going to focus on this tomorrow. The processing packs is definitely slower than a regular download and I'm wondering if that is affecting the entire download server. I'm not sure as the launcher is one of the few things I haven't worked on personally. I'll update again on this as soon as possible.

Ok just tested download speeds with several VPN's

My download speed UK was 45kbs
    Amsterdam speed was 50kbs
    USA Washington speed was 150kbs

These are peak speeds hope it helps.

Edit - My line is the UK one.