Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thurgond View Post
    From my experience after a couple days of scavenging, it seems that the former residents of Tahoe have changed from a bunch of jocks that liked to swing weighted bats and toss their old bones out, to a bunch of intellectuals who collected leather bound books and had lots of clothes.

I have found one bone crafting recipe, so they are rare but there.

I haven't scavenged any weapons parts, feathers, decorations, etc. I think that non-rare item tables are messed up. The cloth, leather, screws/nails/rivets/bolts, spikes/small sheets/rods and cash/buttons/beer tabs are showing up too frequently and preventing feathers, weapons parts, bones, and buckles/decorations/rubber scrap from appearing.

The new rare items that I have found or heard of fall under metal/plastic boards/sheets/pipes/poles. People wanted distributed rare items to encourage trade, but there are two big problems with this:

1. These items are too heavy to trade. One or two of these items will put you over your max encumbrance.
    2. There are no known recipes that use these items.

Ravelli
    Ravelli.. Rare items fall under the same category as their normal counter part and can be used in any kind of crafting taht use their normal counter part. You don't -need- new recipes.

I got
    Strength 79/79
    Fortitude 75/75
    Agility 80/80
    Dexterity 30/30
    Intelligence 80/80
    Perception 75/75
    Charm 10/10
    Spirit 70/70
    46 Scavenge.

I'm not finding a lot of rares (but I haven't ventured that much away from my safe area) I can say that I'm still getting the same amount of scavenged stuff per interval as usual. It's just different items I scavenge now.

Quote Originally Posted by Larsa View Post
    How high is your scavenging skill and your perception, Rudder?
    Scavenging and Foraging have been stuck on 99 each for almost the last month. I have seen more than one skill up message for both of these skills so I may be bugged.

Here are my stats, starting values in ():
    Strength 49 (50)
    Fortitude 50 (50)
    Agility 49 (50)
    Dexterity 94 (90)
    Intelligence 91 (90)
    Perception 94 (90)
    Charm 39 (40)
    Spirit 39 (40)

I'm starting to think if you see the no usable items message then stats or skills are too low.

In 1020 I have seen spikes, screws, and rivets common and rare. 2 metal items - boards and studs. 1 Arch recipe - Scrappers Concrete Porch - but this recipe does not appear in my arch recipe list. It appears plastic blocks can be scavenged on top of mountains.

"no usable items message" mean no loot table has been mapped yet at that location.

Could we get the single plastic pieces dropped from the loot tables? These single plastic pieces are already harvested as scrap in Junk Piles.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudder View Post
    ... In 1020 I have seen spikes, screws, and rivets common and rare. ...
    Thanks for the answer, Rudder.

What are common and rare spikes, screws, rivets, nails, bolts? I've got aluminum, brass, bronze, chrome, iron, silver, stainless, steel, titanium versions of those both through scavenging and pulling junk (sorting). Are those "common" or "rare"?

Since all of them can be got by pulling junk I tend to think they're common.

What are common and rare spikes, screws, rivets, nails, bolts? I've got aluminum, brass, bronze, chrome, iron, silver, stainless, steel, titanium versions of those both through scavenging and pulling junk (sorting). Are those "common" or "rare"?

Agreed, they don't seem to rare. Harvested scrap and scavenging items and resources need to be mostly independent from each other. I posted this yesterday:

I just think you need to make the items you get from sorting harvested scrap the only way you can get those items, not from scavenging too. IMO scavenging should be one of those things where we might find something 1 in every 10 or 20 scavenges, but it will be a nice something 1000+ scavenges for the rarest (depending on your luck of course, which is affected by charm?)

Semi rares, rares, and ultra rares ONLY from scavenging and rare spawns from basic resources. Also, you could add ultra rares to an evil apocalyptic monster that can eat 5 MrDDTs at once (meaning more than five nearly maxed out characters to kill the monster).

By rare spawns I mean when you are harvesting granite, you will get Obsidian or flint. Maybe you could also add "rare scrap" to harvesting scrap piles. Rarely, more than just the basic scraps will appear in the resource tab.

Chrome, and Titanium are "rare". Just FYI. So yes you gain them through junk, and scav. However, you will get crap from junk if your scav is crap.

The act of scav also yield other items, like recipes and stuff. While sorting junk will not.

Right now scav is way too good and required for ALL PLAYERS (Even PVPers).

Doh, I just scavenged 3 Douglas Squirrel small bones.

i vote bring back the old system just make rare items more tougher to find. and make a few armor/weapon and tool sets (like say supreme) require these rare resources to encourage trade, the current system ya cant scavange, cant do d much with architecture and well the new system flat out is horrible. was a great though but when u cant carry heavy items home due to no carts u just turn wat would have taken a few hours into a few months of back and forth on the map just to make a few items and thats IF you can find them. That doesnt encourage trade or anything else but angry players :-(

Take the taxi home OR do as I do and carry the stuff home. I usually put baskets along my route so the stronger members of my tribe can get the stuff for me when they come online.

There is nothing wrong with the scavenging system Stats Matter in this game - if you didn't choose to select higher perception or intelligence then of course you will have problems.