Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Save spaws work, Tested it when I saw this tread, trick is not to move at all when in the game (new char) and nobody can hunt you.
    as soon you move by just a step your no longer save.

Personally I would sugest making the spaw spot a spaw area were new players can move a little. (homestead size) its the first thing they are going to try..moving.

people looking for east pray will always be around be it next to the spaw spot or just beyond a save zone border.

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    Stop being a carebare..man this game has loads of them... spawn and run..its not that hard

Cheating is re doing your char and putting them in a box so you can keep it..killing people in a MMO isnt.. fool

I agree with you 150%.

Killing people isnt cheating but rerolling a toon for every tool is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikisis View Post
    I agree with you 150%.

Killing people isnt cheating but rerolling a toon for every tool is.
    Then maybe they are rerolling just to get the tools you just looted off their previous character.

OR

You could just shadow them and let them fill that hidden tool container and then take the container with all the tools.

4. 02-25-2011, 08:42 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Mystais View Post
    You could just shadow them and let them fill that hidden tool container and then take the container with all the tools.
    won't work if they are smart and said container is in tribal or homestead area.

Jesus Christ...is reading comprehension totally being forgot to be taught in schools nowdays?

WTF dont you people understand about the following bolded part of statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    The spawn areas are set to be safe. Is this not working?

Quote Originally Posted by Z_E_N View Post
    Logged in for the very first time and got killed by a pair of players within seconds .

Doesn't seem to be working...
    That happened to me earlier as well - my very first login during a time where the server was not constantly resetting, so I could finally get to explore and figure out how things work. And then I get ambushed and wiped out before I had even taken my first step hehe.

Oh well, at least I got to experience what being killed was like. Though if it becomes a trend I can see how that can be pretty destructive to the gameplay since you have essential tools stolen right from the start.

Honestly, whether the spawn point is safe or not doesn't really matter that much. If the spot is safe the gankers will just camp the border to where it's no longer safe. Makes little difference. Much more practical is a 30 minutes period during which a new character cannot be attacked and cannot attack himself.

Anyway, there is no way to stop gankers from what they love to do: ganking. Either your game mechanic allows (or even encourages) ganking like it is now or your game mechanic disallows (or serious punishes) ganking. You can't have both.

We will have lots of gankers in this game until there's a serious death penalty for dying while red, including permanent skill/stat and/or recipe loss.

Did it ever occur to anyone to either:

1: Notice a ganker is waiting for you to move, send msg to global for assistance

2: Spawn in a diffrent location

3: Accept defeat, loot new tools from another new player

Sad to see so many intelligent people unable to adapt to a risk filled mmo.

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    Did it ever occur to anyone to either:

1: Notice a ganker is waiting for you to move, send msg to global for assistance

2: Spawn in a diffrent location

3: Accept defeat, loot new tools from another new player

Sad to see so many intelligent people unable to adapt to a risk filled mmo.
    That post is so lacking in thought it makes me think it's a troll attempt... but anyways.
    This game is not like others, especially at the point its at now. Theres no "well crap, lost my stuff, lets go beat on easy mobs till I can get xxx amount of money or loot to replace"
    There is basically nothing to do but craft, if you die upon entering the world and lose your tools then you now have exactly 0% worth in the game world. No ones going to trade for nothing. and theres no way to find the tools other than another player corpse.

The best way to handle it would be to make all the crappy starter gear no drop, of course for that to work great you will need the items to deteriorate like they are supposed to. Safe zones for noobs are stupid. It's been said before, no matter how large the safe zone is, gankers will just wait right outside it for kills. Let them gank as soon as people drop in the world if they want, as long as you keep crappy starter items.

And ya, if you read my other posts this might seem a little hypocritical, I am usually all for the harsher game enviroment. But taking away a chars ability to do 90% of available tasks in the first 3 seconds of life is a little over the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Mims44 View Post
    That post is so lacking in thought it makes me think it's a troll attempt... but anyways.
    This game is not like others, especially at the point its at now. Theres no "well crap, lost my stuff, lets go beat on easy mobs till I can get xxx amount of money or loot to replace"
    There is basically nothing to do but craft, if you die upon entering the world and lose your tools then you now have exactly 0% worth in the game world. No ones going to trade for nothing. and theres no way to find the tools other than another player corpse.

The best way to handle it would be to make all the crappy starter gear no drop, of course for that to work great you will need the items to deteriorate like they are supposed to. Safe zones for noobs are stupid. It's been said before, no matter how large the safe zone is, gankers will just wait right outside it for kills. Let them gank as soon as people drop in the world if they want, as long as you keep crappy starter items.

And ya, if you read my other posts this might seem a little hypocritical, I am usually all for the harsher game enviroment. But taking away a chars ability to do 90% of available tasks in the first 3 seconds of life is a little over the edge.
    No, soulbound equipment is for themeparks not sandboxes, i would even suggest making preorder weapons lootable. Why is everyones soultion to issues to take what other game do and think it will fit here?

You have to understand, i dont know your a new player who just logged in....how the hell am i suppose to know that? Im not familair with every new player spawn point. All i see is a player standing there, then running around. I dont know that the player i just killed was new, and that i am in fact at a new player spawn point. Sure people will gief here since theres not a lot of people around for a combat character to progress on. give the noobs an hour of protection. Heaven forbid you went the sandbox route and camped a noob spawn yourself to protect them...that would be crazy...

Give them an hour of protection...mark them with a little white ball over their head, whatever, there is currently no way to distinguish who has just logged on for the first time and who is an afker full of loot.

And thanks for the insults, if doing something about the situation yourself is lacking in thought...i have the perfect game for you http://us.battle.net/wow/en/ enjoy.